Rossco 20/01 Cup Fred

CB

Pretty poor game, draw would have been a fair result. Not sure if it was a penalty but if Chow put his hand on McKenzie's back then it was understandable that he went down. Thought McKenzie played well and worked hard but we created next to nothing. We missed Mulumbu's composure in the middle of the park. Apart from a good shot from Brophy and a great ball across the box from O'Donnell in the first half that was about it for chances. Power was a deserved MoM, Jones drifted in and out but lacked any penetration and while the back four plus Finlay were very comfortable the passing from Broadfoot was terrible. He needs to play it short as his attempts at long passes just conceded possession to them. 

We are very hard to break down under Clarke but we could with a bit more creativity going forward, Kiltie helped to link things up when he came on but a couple of poor final passes showed he lacks match sharpness. Erwin very confident with the penalty, maybe this will be the turning point for him. 

Great to be in the next round for a change. Would love Brora, home or away. 

Tough game to watch, as previously said, were hard to score against but struggle to score.

Few things I thought today

Dicker had his poorest game I've seen, alot of bad luck in challenges and touches, frustrating short passes sideways that were putting us in trouble. I'll let him off since he has been great since back.

Going forward we are missing any link up play, so many times a give n go or 1-2 would of put us in behind. No 3rd man runs or players taking on anyone. Even Jones was just trying to run around the team rather than through. The one 3rd man run created the penalty.

I'll take a hard fought undeserved win though as we are now creating our own luck for a change.

Glad Erwin grabbed the penalty and scored well. Even if I did watch through my fingers.

Kiltie looked sharp and definitely offers that link up type play we miss, he should of kept going instead of trying to give Erwin a second.

MacDonald I'm usually critical of and not his biggest fan but played well today, still dodgy distribution but pass marks. Was obvious county's plan at corners was to put it on top of him. Done well.

All in all....on to the next round 

26 minutes ago, KFCSteve said:

Terrible game to watch, didn't think it was a pen when I seen it, too far away for their "goal" but a wins a win! 

On another note well done the boys in the hospitality looked like they were having s great time and certainly made a bit of an atmosphere 

Guys in Park Suite were class. Some golden oldies i havny heard for ages.

I don't like the Boyd/Broadfoot combination at the back, neither of them has any pace. Effiong doesn't look that fast but he easily outpaced Scott Boyd twice in the first half. Don't know if Boyd had an injury but we looked better when Findlay came on. Not a big McKenzie fan but he did keep fighting for the ball throughout the game, and won the highly dubious penalty. Well taken penalty by Erwin, hopefully it will give him some confidence. Will take similarly poor performances all the way to the final.

Thought we got away with one with the penalty as I thought Mckenzie mckenzied the chance and just lost control. That said I thought we were comfortable and were the better team and created a few chances. They had two including the one at the end. Looked solid enough and Jamie Mcdonald could have been at macdonalds for most of the game as he was rarely needed. Their new signing looked awful. 

Happy to get through especially avoiding a replay. We looked like a team who hadn't played for a few weeks and missed mulumbu in center mid. 

Last season at the same stage we were knocked out by a last minute Hamilton penalty, so good to be on the other end of it today, though agree it was in the very soft category to say the least. Couldn't really see their 'goal' at the end, but arguably got a bit lucky there as well.

Overall just deserved to win I think, as we showed more urgency than them in the 2nd half, and by then., looked like they had settled for the draw. Not a great performance as others have said, certainly missed Mulumbu, but never looked in any danger of conceding...can only remember them having one real chance all game-back post header 2nd half, prior to the last gasp effort in the 94th minute.

As said..Ayr (ideally), if not Brora or Peterhead/Dumbarton at home please.

Isn't it a good feeling to not play very well and still win maybe the penalty was soft but we will take it thought rossco were very crude with a few of their tackles and as has been said the referee was awful. Big pass marks to Rory and Power and to Jamie Mac for his save at the end and at least we are still in the cup!