Dundee Game Also Postponed

MrTumnus

As SC says our priority is to stay out of the bottom two spots, anything else is a bonus. Don't care who we play and when, I've got faith in SC getting the team ready for whoever we play. Aberdeen got humped from the huns so are not invincible, especially with the feel good factor around the team. The scummy east end mob are beatable too, they're not the team they were last season. It also means we will have a run of very winnable games once we dispatch the sheep and the manky mob

23 minutes ago, DG5 said:

Does anybody know why the F/brough v sevco is not played this week .It is a postponement 1st game.not a replay 

Dates were set prior to the initial games being played. I'm guessing it's either to do with Sky or in fact could well be so they have more time for the home players to organise time off work etc if needed!

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dates were set prior to the initial games being played. I'm guessing it's either to do with Sky or in fact could well be so they have more time for the home players to organise time off work etc if needed!

Thanks.

On 22/01/2018 at 3:26 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Right the first time. No chance the SPFL considered footballers when rearranging a football match! Spread the replays over two midweek slots to wh*re as many games to Sky as possible, as they do so much to accommodate Scottish football :38:.. 

8 hours ago, Jamsie said:

Right the first time. No chance the SPFL considered footballers when rearranging a football match! Spread the replays over two midweek slots to wh*re as many games to Sky as possible, as they do so much to accommodate Scottish football :38:.. 

The Sky games were already set, no extra games have been sold for replays.

He says what we think -----

Steve Clarke has hit out at the “amateurish” Scottish Cup replay system after his Kilmarnock side’s schedule was ripped apart.

Killie were supposed to play St Johnstone at Rugby Park on Wednesday before entertaining Dundee the following midweek. 

The Killie boss believes the SFA have to re-think the system which allows clubs to pick and choose when they re-schedule cup ties. He said: “When you’re working through January in the winter break, it’s always in the back of your mind that there’s the chance of five games in a fortnight.

“So you prepare your team for that physically. Now we’ve lost both home games against St Johnstone and Dundee here at Rugby Park which is not ideal. “

“If you lose one of them because of a Scottish Cup replay, that’s fine, but I think the authorities in Scotland have to have a look at the organisation of their fixtures.  “Surely it makes sense to only have one replay date and everyone has to replay in that particular week.

“It’s really strange that you can decide when you play. It has cost us the two fixtures with St Johnstone and Dundee.

“It doesn’t seem quite right and, if I’m being honest, it seems a little bit amateurish.”

33 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Cannot believe the accies away game hasn't been re arranged for next week! Their game against saints and ours against dundee are both off and have been for days. 

That would mean the SPFL using common sense.  

Still some time left for them to work out it is possible to reschedule this outstanding fixture.

3 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

That would mean the SPFL using common sense.  

Still some time left for them to work out it is possible to reschedule this outstanding fixture.

My understanding is that Hamilton would need to agree with a Killie to play the match and then approach the SPFL. If Hamilton don't want to play the match then there is nothing Killie can do until the SPFL decides when it can be played.

Just now, CBFC said:

My understanding is that Hamilton would need to agree with a Killie to play the match and then approach the SPFL. If Hamilton don't want to play the match then there is nothing Killie can do until the SPFL decides when it can be played.

Thanks, but IMO it is a bit of a farce.  I would have thought the SPFL would have been the party to determine when the game is played.

I always thought the rule was to play an outstanding match in the first available date.  Maybe that has changed in recent years.

just cannot understand why all teams having midweek fixtures scheduled for two succesive weeks we have now no games scheduled? If it was such a good idea previously why is it not now?

Crazy that Hamilton would be allowed to choose when they play the game if that is indeed the case?

Just confirms that the SPFL is not fit for purpose and of course neither is the SFA.