Safe standing area

Trojan76

Hi, after seeing the troops in full voice yesterday when all grouped together in one are, is it time for the club to consider a safe standing area perhaps in east stand? Certainly helps for atmosphere and the old horror stories from standing are no long applicable with the advent of the new safe standing areas. Celtic Park demonstrates how successful this is. I wonder if the club are considering a smiliar move.

A safe standing and a return to a grass pitch are things i think the club really need to be considering. Thoughts?

The blocks to the Chadwick end of the East Stand would be ideal for safe standing. My only worry would be it draws supporters away from the rest of the stand to that end and it would look more sparse than it does on occasion. Could the bottom of the Stand all the way along be turned into safe standing? Don’t think there is any point putting it behind the goals as we could potentially lose it when the bigots come to town. 

If it’s cost effective i don’t see why it can’t be done, I’m certain that it wouldn’t go to waste. Either down the bottom at the half way line or the whole corner beneath the scoreboard. The middle would probably be more beneficial for atmosphere purposes.

The club have done their bit so far . I think they have improved in board room and in managerial terms . Massive improvement on the pitch . The fans now need to continue backing the team . Getting an area where atmosphere can be created is essential for a club making progression . Times are changing time for our fans to come together and start creating a great atmosphere the way it used to be in the older days . Certainly for a singing area . Need commitment from a lot of people for it to happen without being a bit embarrassing . 120 or so conducted 3500 yesterday . It’s possible if we want it to be . Club and groups need to discuss it 

i think it would need be a pocket , central lower east stand (can't see them opening the chadwick just for it, cost implications).

Could start with a smaller area and expand as needed.

Understand this is down list of priorities for the club at the moment, but worth giveing them food for thought

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Don’t necessarily need a safe standing area just relax stewarding like Motherwell do and give an area that can make some noise . 

agree. But that's also to do with the local plod, some don't take kindly to fans standing throughout the game. Plus the object is to make it a safe designated standing area, this means no danger of falling over chairs in front etc and crash barriers from chair in front being in place

22 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Sounds ideal 

But the budget for this would probably be well down the list of things the board will want to first focus on going forward and behind likes of funds for

player budget, the new training complex, a new grass pitch, stadium repairs ........

Exactly what TiK could help fund, once on the Board. Now if only we could get 1000 fans to buy into it.......

Would love a safe standing section. Got to admit the Celtic fans (political / religious dabbles aside) always outdo themselves in that section and whip up an immense atmosphere. 

I always enjoy Scotland games standing and singing during the match and only sitting down at half time to eat yer pie. 

23 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Don’t necessarily need a safe standing area just relax stewarding like Motherwell do and give an area that can make some noise . 

I take your point to a point. But standing at the football has always been the preferred option of anyone I know. Unless they’re at a certain age :-)

44 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

i think it would need be a pocket , central lower east stand (can't see them opening the chadwick just for it, cost implications).

Could start with a smaller area and expand as needed.

Understand this is down list of priorities for the club at the moment, but worth giveing them food for thought

Central area would block the views of those sitting to the right or left when the ball is at the opposite end, think that’s the reason Celtic have it in a corner. Would need to be far left/right or whole bottom of stand. 

26 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188

Saw an article telling folk about the cost etc. £80 per seat. No sure if that includes installation costs. Put in a section of east stand so about 400 seats. Cost would be £32000 at least. a possible TIK project for sure. 

Seats wouldn't be needed though. Just a small area of terracing with barriers.

34 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188

Saw an article telling folk about the cost etc. £80 per seat. No sure if that includes installation costs. Put in a section of east stand so about 400 seats. Cost would be £32000 at least. a possible TIK project for sure. 

I’d pay the 80 quid right now for priority on the seat.

18 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

You would need the rail seat to meet safety standards. Unless the league soften their rules. 

Had to have a google there but it says the Premiership and Championship clubs require SFA Bronze standard stadiums. From what I can see the only stipulation is a minimum of 500 covered seats. Areas of normal terracing are permitted.

13 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Had to have a google there but it says the Premiership and Championship clubs require SFA Bronze standard stadiums. From what I can see the only stipulation is a minimum of 500 covered seats. Areas of normal terracing are permitted.

Don't think you would get away in top leagues not having any seating, think rail seating is the way to go. Would be needed if we go back in to europe!