Safe standing area

Trojan76

8 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Don't think you would get away in top leagues not having any seating, think rail seating is the way to go. Would be needed if we go back in to europe!

I'm only suggesting a small standing area for a couple of hundred fans. There's already a block at the edge of the East Stand with no seats.

If we get into Europe just don't use that section. It's unlikely we'll need 18,000 seats v Spartak Arsendofnaewhere in July.

Maybe this is something the SLO/Club/TiK should put out to fans and judge what interest in it is.

One issue might be folk who have a season ticket for another area coming down to standing area, which could lead to overcrowding, bizarre as that sounds at RP, but if there is only going to be a limited number of people allowed in the section it would need some sort of control

25 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

Standing up and singing towards FT in FB yesterday was fab. The standing up pished singing crew transformed the atmosphere. Happy to stand for 90 mins (plus time added on for stoppages). Would be happy to make a contribution through ST to make this happen.

What? Pished no way 

that was us just warming up

30 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Back to grass has to priority number one before this. Would be a good idea though.....along with better facilities for the disabled fans....

Improved disabled facilities is not going to be a choice, the club are going to have to spend a lot of money to meet the SPFL criteria in this department very soon. Of course it would be great if we had a revenue stream we could concentrate in that direction so it doesn't affect the managers transfer plans and our Project Brave efforts. It would be great if we had a revenue stream that could look at that, and rail seating, and anything else that benefits the fans/club so our budgetary requirements leave scope for improving things on the park.

The Trust in Killie initiative is about so much more than just getting a director on the board. Things have been slow over the festive season with illness, holidays and other distractions but with any luck we will be able to get some updates out this week and try and create some fresh impetus for the campaign.

3 hours ago, baz said:

Improved disabled facilities is not going to be a choice, the club are going to have to spend a lot of money to meet the SPFL criteria in this department very soon. Of course it would be great if we had a revenue stream we could concentrate in that direction so it doesn't affect the managers transfer plans and our Project Brave efforts. It would be great if we had a revenue stream that could look at that, and rail seating, and anything else that benefits the fans/club so our budgetary requirements leave scope for improving things on the park.

The Trust in Killie initiative is about so much more than just getting a director on the board. Things have been slow over the festive season with illness, holidays and other distractions but with any luck we will be able to get some updates out this week and try and create some fresh impetus for the campaign.

Thanks for the update Barry. Cheers A

12 hours ago, baz said:

The whole project brave thing concerns me, specifically in the cost of it. Remember being forced to build all seater stadia with 10k + seating for entry to SPL? That has cost us mightily, and now one of the few clubs that do have a stadium that size after ruling was scrapped. I hope the cost of setting up project brave doesn't negatively impact on us, but I fear it will. Building a new training complex is something a club our size doesn't really need, especially when there are suitable training facilities nearby such as those at Kilwinning or Irvine. There is bound to be a lot of other investment needed in this SFA folly, are we getting any funding for it?

As for disabled facilities, I didn't think we were too bad for it at RP. Granted, the wee sections at bottom of Chadwick and Moffat aren't the best when twisted sisters come to town, but I would have thought that compared to other teams we are on a par.

Have no issue with upgrading facilities for disabled fans, but Project Brave leaves me concerned

4 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

The whole project brave thing concerns me, specifically in the cost of it. Remember being forced to build all seater stadia with 10k + seating for entry to SPL? That has cost us mightily, and now one of the few clubs that do have a stadium that size after ruling was scrapped. I hope the cost of setting up project brave doesn't negatively impact on us, but I fear it will. Building a new training complex is something a club our size doesn't really need, especially when there are suitable training facilities nearby such as those at Kilwinning or Irvine. There is bound to be a lot of other investment needed in this SFA folly, are we getting any funding for it?

As for disabled facilities, I didn't think we were too bad for it at RP. Granted, the wee sections at bottom of Chadwick and Moffat aren't the best when twisted sisters come to town, but I would have thought that compared to other teams we are on a par.

Have no issue with upgrading facilities for disabled fans, but Project Brave leaves me concerned

Representations were made to the club about the visit of the twisted sisters. There's supposed to be a 'halo' around the wee dugouty bit at the bottom of the moffat. At least 2, maybe 3 rows immediately behind that section are supposed to remain empty.

Whether the club have done their bit, and are being let down by stewarding & police, or the knuckle draggers are showing up & pulling off the tapes to gain access remains to be seen. But, mind that cup replay against the nuhuns that McCulloch was in charge for? When they got their late show winner, the arseholes were jumping up and doon on the roof. it's not pleasant at the best of times in there, when they are just hammering on the roof. It must've been utterly awful to be in there that night, with the maladjusted jumping on the roof.

In fairness, the very next time the nuhuns showed up, we did have a steward at the stairs in between the wheelchair dugouts, keeping the row behind empty. And, fortunately, they've been sh**e since coming back up, and have had little to crow about on their visits here.

We have no training facilities at all. Just the pitch at RP. 

That should be restored to grass which means we will need training pitches, grass and artificial. 

People always complain about the lack of indoor pitches in Scotland so we shouldn’t complain when we are going to get one. 

If the board considers that it is feasible, we should trust them (insert piece about TIK and value of supporter on board etc).

The land either won’t be costing much or will be an asset, depending on which way you look at it, and improved facilities should attract - and deliver -  better players. 

Edited by skygod

17 hours ago, baz said:

The message will get through one day. 

A word of caution about those willing pledge £80 for a safe standing seat. When we built the stadium around 800 pledged to by a privileged seat but about half of them renaged leaving to club and the rest of us scrambling to fund it. So be careful everyone is on board. Also, if TiK eventually funds a safe standing area, I would want it only to be available to those that funded it, or their nominees. There are plenty of people too willing to freeload on other people's backs, as we saw a few seasons ago.