Brora Prices

Andy

14 hours ago, Andy said:

Chance here for a win win. Brora have played all games away (I think), so let’s reduce prices and hopefully get a Big Home crowd and away crowd(??) to the game.

How many more times are people going to post this nonsense and ignore all previous evidence. I presume your hoping Steve Clarke has some funds for players at he same time.

Edited by Mclean07

Typical attitude of clubs and supporters in the Scottish football goldfish bowl. Why do something for another club when we can make extra money.

It would be great for Killie to contribute to Brora’s big day but unfortunately self preservation comes before decency and community in today’s society.

34 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Typical attitude of clubs and supporters in the Scottish football goldfish bowl. Why do something for another club when we can make extra money.

It would be great for Killie to contribute to Brora’s big day but unfortunately self preservation comes before decency and community in today’s society.

That's why you joined the Trust, oh wait.

42 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Killie s not exactly rolling in cash, if there fans can’t afford £20 at the gate they shouldn’t travel. 

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Oh dear.....

Won't be 5 k there regardless of price ---- sat crowd was good considering season tickets didn't count ----- as I've said on here many times we have more fans than most in the premiership -- easily --- Did we have more at hibs than they had at us ?    Just a question to you moaning negative twats

Just to point out that Brora probably have more money into players wages and signing on fees than teams up to league 1 level so aren’t short on cash, albeit it’s getting pulled to an extent this season. So if we were to lower prices it should be to attract dated killie fans not to appease the red army from the north. 

Agree with most that £15/£5 is about right to encourage more lapsed fans back and to keep our regular fans happy. Brora entered the competition knowing that as a cup competition there is a 50/50 chance in every round that they will be drawn in an away tie, they are geographically situated in Sutherland and play in the Highland league. Travel time and costs are unavoidable due to this; any assistance with overall costs to their fans should come from their own club and or the Highland league. Admission prices are agreed by both clubs, the home team should should not disadvantaged financially by their own situation. I don't recollect any drop in gate money when we had to travel to Rossco or ICT. This may be selfish on my part but I think as a club we should be looking after ourselves here. If their fans want to come to RP for the game the admission costs will be one of the last things that would put them off.

16 hours ago, killieblues said:

It would be a nice gesture to give Brora some free tickets. They've travelled a hell of a lot already in the Scottish Cup, and I think it would be good publicity for us.

This the same Brora Rangers who half-arsed a play-off in 2015 cause they didn’t want to travel outside the highlands despite being heavily financed by North Sea oil. If they can afford overnight stays for Scottish Cup ties and meet all SPFL criteria but choose not to be part of it then they can subsidise their own supporters and busses! 

They'll be travelling a long way and will no doubt be hungry.  Charge £10 a ticket and get good PR but £5 for pies to make up the shortfall.  

Some amount of patronising going on in this thread.  Can't believe that no one has used the term 'plucky minnows' yet.  Feck them.  Hope we do them 5-0 like every other team. 

28 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

They'll be travelling a long way and will no doubt be hungry.  Charge £10 a ticket and get good PR but £5 for pies to make up the shortfall.  

Some amount of patronising going on in this thread.  Can't believe that no one has used the term 'plucky minnows' yet.  Feck them.  Hope we do them 5-0 like every other team. 

£5 for pies xD do you work in marketing? 

4 hours ago, Jamsie said:

This the same Brora Rangers who half-arsed a play-off in 2015 cause they didn’t want to travel outside the highlands despite being heavily financed by North Sea oil. If they can afford overnight stays for Scottish Cup ties and meet all SPFL criteria but choose not to be part of it then they can subsidise their own supporters and busses! 

Correct, another Gretna.

I haven’t checked but I assume the sheep fans are disgusted that their club isn’t charging our away fans much less than £26 for Saturday’s game cos we’re travelling a long way and are a smaller club by comparison. We don’t pay to watch the opposition at home games, and it will have no bearing on the crowd reducing it so I’m happy normal pricing should apply. If we get the Sheep in the quarters no-one will expect reduced entrance, so why for this game?

Do my eyes deceive me, folk wanting to give Borra a discount/free tickets because they have travelled so far??? That's just totally bonkers, when has that ever been considered in a pricing structure? I'm going to Aberdeen on Saturday, a fair trek, but I am paying more for a ticket there than I would if I was paying at the gate to go to RP, but I have never said we should get some freebies form Inverness or Aberdeen.

Can see why ticket prices should be reduced, but Borra probably wouldn't want that as they will want to maximise their income from the game. It has been shown in previous attempts, knocking a fiver or tenner off the ticket prices does not increase the crowd to the extent that it covers the losses have achieved   from the original full price.

Yes I would like to pay less and feel that £15 is fair for an adults ticket and £5 for a child (which was kid's price on Saturday already which I think is very good), but can see why the teams will want keep it at £20.

16 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Do my eyes deceive me, folk wanting to give Borra a discount/free tickets because they have travelled so far??? That's just totally bonkers, when has that ever been considered in a pricing structure? I'm going to Aberdeen on Saturday, a fair trek, but I am paying more for a ticket there than I would if I was paying at the gate to go to RP, but I have never said we should get some freebies form Inverness or Aberdeen.

Can see why ticket prices should be reduced, but Borra probably wouldn't want that as they will want to maximise their income from the game. It has been shown in previous attempts, knocking a fiver or tenner off the ticket prices does not increase the crowd to the extent that it covers the losses have achieved   from the original full price.

Yes I would like to pay less and feel that £15 is fair for an adults ticket and £5 for a child (which was kid's price on Saturday already which I think is very good), but can see why the teams will want keep it at £20.

Couldn't agree more.

I think some folk live in lala land when it comes to pricing.

18 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

20£ . Like it or lump it , 5-0 aswell . No mercy 

Completely unrelated, but you're the second person I've seen recently that types with a space prior to a sentence's ending punctuation mark. Can I ask if you were taught this, or picked it up from somewhere? It's really weird to see.

1 hour ago, McDeeBop said:

Completely unrelated, but you're the second person I've seen recently that types with a space prior to a sentence's ending punctuation mark. Can I ask if you were taught this, or picked it up from somewhere? It's really weird to see.

It was the currency sign before the 20 that weirded me out.