Futurama

capitalkillie

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What date is that from?

Canny see a date but it is post Boaby Fleeting taking over so after 1989 and before the redevelopment work started, so before 1996.

Also mentions KLDC but that was not turned into East Ayrshire until a bit later, so o help there.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What date is that from?

Must be around 1990. Note the reference to building the 750 seat enclosure. It was originally the family enclosure basically first 6-7 rows of main stand that replaced the old terracing. I remembr sitting there for a game in 1991 so article I'm guessing is 1990.

Interesting to see the landscaping behind Moffat. Makes it look very grand. Also stands look more substantial (two tiers) and built in underneath.

48 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I just seem to remember during one of Boaby's W's first games that one of the ends was being re-built. I could not say for sure when it started just that it was before 1996. 

By time BW took over the stadium had been complete for over 18 months.

Chadwick end opened against the Huns towards the end of the 1994/95 season. Sure we lost 1-0 .

By time BW took over the stadium had been complete for over 18 months.

Chadwick end opened against the Huns towards the end of the 1994/95 season. Sure we lost 1-0 .

Aye, was it not a staged roll out all of our second season up.  I'm sure I was in the east from the beginning of 94/95

35 minutes ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Aye, was it not a staged roll out all of our second season up.  I'm sure I was in the east from the beginning of 94/95

East was opened (with some bit still closed off) for a 1-0 defeat at home to Motherwell in August of 1994. Pretty sure Tommy Coyne scored for them.

We played a league cup tie against East Fife (won 4-1) a week or so beforehand where it was only the Main Stand and Rugby Road terrace open and there was no floodlights so the game started at 6pm IIRC.

Still had about 5k there! Was a lovely sunny night. The East Fife goal was a peach. Pretty sure that was John Henry's debut for us after signing from Clydebank.

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

East was opened (with some bit still closed off) for a 1-0 defeat at home to Motherwell in August of 1994. Pretty sure Tommy Coyne scored for them.

We played a league cup tie against East Fife (won 4-1) a week or so beforehand where it was only the Main Stand and Rugby Road terrace open and there was no floodlights so the game started at 6pm IIRC.

Still had about 5k there! Was a lovely sunny night. The East Fife goal was a peach. Pretty sure that was John Henry's debut for us after signing from Clydebank.

Remember that game well! I'd just started secondary school the day before I think on my 12th birthday. Got It's Great When You're Straight by Black Grape and Parklife by Blur.

Could be wrong but did we not have East Fife the next season in the cup too?

Mind both those games well.

My season ticket seat was (and still is) in the bit that was closed off for the Motherwell game. My memory could be playing tricks here but I think might have got a letter a few days earlier informing me of the fact and telling us where to sit (could be talking crap on that one though !).

Found the East Fife game a bit surreal because of the early ko and the fact I hardly ever sat in the Main Stand.

1 hour ago, Dundonald_Killie said:

Mind both those games well.

My season ticket seat was (and still is) in the bit that was closed off for the Motherwell game. My memory could be playing tricks here but I think might have got a letter a few days earlier informing me of the fact and telling us where to sit (could be talking crap on that one though !).

Found the East Fife game a bit surreal because of the early ko and the fact I hardly ever sat in the Main Stand.

Aye think we got letters. it was sections around half way line near front. We ended up in section next to Chadwick. 

6 hours ago, capitalkillie said:

Not quite but a good attempt!

Extract from Kilmarnock Standard a long time ago.

20180121_153228.jpg

If I remember right, these plans came out just after we won promotion from the 2nd Division. The financing of it would have depended on renting out office space built into the back of where the Moffat is now. Think that the lack of a suitable large occupant was what put the kibosh on the scheme. They then looked at the Scott Ellis idea before coming back to the Rugby Park re-development as it stands now.

5 minutes ago, garye said:

If I remember right, these plans came out just after we won promotion from the 2nd Division.

Correct. The plans were announced the day after we beat Cowdenbeath in May 1993.

The report talks about plans for a 20,000 capacity with a total cost of £15m and a project time of 3 - 5 years.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sounds about right. The new ground was officially opened v Blackburn in August 95.

3 hours ago, skygod said:

Correct. The plans were announced the day after we beat Cowdenbeath in May 1993.

1990?