Clarke going nowhere

Squirrelhumper

Here’s a better quote from the Record in which he rules himself out:-

“You get quoted because I’m up here and I’m in the public eye in Scotland. I was asked about it 12 weeks ago or so when I first came back up here.

But I came here to work for Kilmarnock and I’m happy here now. 

Scotland will be a great job for somebody and I’m sure the SFA have already got a list of candidates and a list of people they want to speak to. Hopefully they choose the right man.”

I have grown up in an era of a very unsuccessful national team . I think people of an older generation may have a bigger affinity as they have gone to World Cup and euro championships . Dalglish, souness &Hansen etc . I’d like us to qualify again but not at the expense of my bread and butter . Nobody wants the job it’s a poisoned chalice at the moment . 

Edited by Souleycouley93

12 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Its always Killie over Scotland for me, I'd take us winning the Champs League than Scotland winning the World Cup, how do others feel about that scenario?

Neither have a chance of ever happening.

I'm club over country but never had to choose as they've never clashed so can do both.

For example 5 of us booked up last night for Albania for the Scotland game. Doesn't clash with Killie so no harm done. There are tons of Killie fans who do both.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

12 minutes ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I agree.I always find it hard to get enthusiastic about the national team when it's filled with Celtic player.It would be different if there was killie players in the national team though.

I couldn't give a sh1t what club side they play for.

Leigh Griffiths is a wee d1ck in a Celtic shirt but I love watching him for Scotland. Those two free kicks against England are up there with the best moments I've ever had at a football game.

I was there with about 30 Killie fans who follow us every week and each and everyone of us lost the plot when that second one went in!

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Neither have a chance of ever happening.

I'm club over country but never had to choose as they've never clashed so can do both.

For example 5 of us booked up last night for Albania for the Scotland game. Doesn't clash with Killie so no harm done. There are tons of Killie fans who do both.

Nae chance of Killie winning the Champs League, I'll have none of that pessimistic chat haha

In this example there is a clash - Clarke is going to be a success wherever he goes, would you rather that was Killie or Scotland?

Personally I think Billic would be a great appointment, bit of a character with a good international record (his time with West Ham was iffy but nowadays who's managerial career in England isnt?

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Leigh Griffiths is a wee d1ck in a Celtic shirt but I love watching him for Scotland. Those two free kicks against England are up there with the best moments I've ever had at a football game.

I was there with about 30 Killie fans who follow us every week and each and everyone of us lost the plot when that second one went in!

Completely agree - as soon as they pull on a Scotland shirt I couldn’t give a hoot which club team they currently sell their labour to . Ditto with regards to their private lives etc. Winning the two cups, getting promotion and avoiding relegation are all high points that I’ve loved with Killie . I wish there had been more with Scotland but the 5 minutes or so that Griffiths gave me are right up there. 

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Steve Clarke

That's mental. 

Steve Clarke has potential to go on and be better than Shiels, and I think he will, but how can you pick a guy who's still new in the door and hasn't achieved anything significant as yet, over the guy who beat the Old Filth to win the cup!

Edited by Dillinger

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Totally agree, whoever pull's on a Scotland shirt gets my full support for the 90 plus mins the game lasts.                        Once they are back at their own club and they play Killie, they get pelters.

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

SC v KS.....the Beatles v the Bay City Rollers. Looking at track records it's embarrassing to name them in the same sentence. 

True. Clarke was winning the EPL and FA Cup as Mourinho's assistant while Shiels was running Tranmere's youth academy.

But the original statement was about which the poster loved more, so it's not really a question of career achievements.

Edited by skygod

6 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

Completely agree - as soon as they pull on a Scotland shirt I couldn’t give a hoot which club team they currently sell their labour to . Ditto with regards to their private lives etc. Winning the two cups, getting promotion and avoiding relegation are all high points that I’ve loved with Killie . I wish there had been more with Scotland but the 5 minutes or so that Griffiths gave me are right up there. 

Travelling with Killie in Europe over watching scotland no contest killie any day

6 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

No contest Clarke all day long Shiels is a clown

And that was exactly your assessment of him when he guided us to the league cup win over ceptic? The way he conducted himself in the terrible aftermath of that game does not entitle any Killie fan to make such a statement he is a Killie legend and I'm sure every true Killie fan will agree and hope that Steve Clarke can also become the same!

23 minutes ago, Bbk said:

And that was exactly your assessment of him when he guided us to the league cup win over ceptic? The way he conducted himself in the terrible aftermath of that game does not entitle any Killie fan to make such a statement he is a Killie legend and I'm sure every true Killie fan will agree and hope that Steve Clarke can also become the same!

Maybe if he kept his mouth shut he could have gone on to be a legend,but we’ll never know.Dont hear many people saying Bobby Williamson is a legend,he won a cup no?

20 minutes ago, Oldkillie said:

Maybe if he kept his mouth shut he could have gone on to be a legend,but we’ll never know.Dont hear many people saying Bobby Williamson is a legend,he won a cup no?

Absolutely but your comment was aimed at Kenny Shiels not Bobby Williamson who is undisputedly a Killie legend. You cannot deny that although sometimes you were a wee bit apprehensive as to what Kenny was going to come up with next we were at least always on the back pages and his sniping at Neil Lennon and Celtic was entertaining and a lot of it was tongue in cheek he wasn't a clown indeed he was far from it!