SC on fixture backlog

C4mmy31

Why don't Accies wanna play us?

For those not twitterized.....

Steve Clarke has expressed his frustration at Kilmarnock's two January midweek postponements after revealing the club's request to face Hamilton next week had been turned down.

Killie hoped December's rearranged Premiership match could take place in the final days of January with Accies seeing their match with St Johnstone cancelled due to Scottish Cup replays.

Having lost home games against Saints and Dundee due to cup clashes, Clarke had aimed to fill the time with another league match before facing league leaders Celtic.

With the request turned down by Hamilton, Clarke was asked if he was worried about the fixture backlog.

He said: "Not having the St Johnstone game is OK – but to lose the Dundee game too is what frustrates me.

"It's a situation that could be easily avoided by having just one replay date and everybody should play on it.

"Then we wouldn't have the situation where we have lost two league games to cup replays.

"Fixture congestion is now something that concerns me because our game at Hamilton was called off last month so we now have three fixtures to fit in.

"There is already a midweek schedule for the end of February – we play Hearts on a Tuesday night – then there is a two-week international break.

"Then these three postponed games will need to be put in before the split. It's a little bit troubling that we don't have dates for them.

"I believe we asked Hamilton to play next week because their game against St Johnstone has been called off. But Hamilton didn't want to play which I find strange, but there you go. We'll just need to find the dates and squeeze the games in as we can.

"Whoever schedules the matches needs to have a good look at how this happens. The SFA and the SPFL have to come together and work out the best way to fit these fixtures in. Certainly one replay date would save some confusion."

I'm not one for saying I want accies to get relegated for their support or what they bring to the league etc but I am very much taking up the position of get that tinpot club to f**k. 

Also, having 2 separate weeks for the SC fixtures when there are other games to be played is just dumb as s**t. 

Edited by Killie lad

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That club are run by c**ts, supported by cv**ts (all 5 of them) and their players are c**ts.

Sooner they are relegated the better.

Only decent thing about Hamilton is the fact you can booze in Glasgow until 215 then get a train straight to the ground.

Agreed I hate Accies. Pathetic excuse for a football club

"G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board (of the SPFL) shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.

G4 Where reasonably practicable the Board shall consult with and shall take into account any representations made by participating Clubs before rescheduling the date, time and/or venue of an Official Match.  

G5 Each Club shall comply with and play in the relevant fixtures comprised in the fixture schedule determined by the Board and any rescheduled date, time and/or venue determined from time to time by the Board for Official Matches in which the Club is a participant."

Edited by skygod

3 hours ago, skygod said:

"G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board (of the SPFL) shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.

G4 Where reasonably practicable the Board shall consult with and shall take into account any representations made by participating Clubs before rescheduling the date, time and/or venue of an Official Match.  

G5 Each Club shall comply with and play in the relevant fixtures comprised in the fixture schedule determined by the Board and any rescheduled date, time and/or venue determined from time to time by the Board for Official Matches in which the Club is a participant."

So what "representations" did Hamilton make that the SPFL decided were worth taking into account...?

14 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Hamilton are reducing their prices to £10 for adults and £5 for under 18s and over 65s for the reorganised game from December.

Decent. Still not date though

It's the least they should do. They made no real effort to get that pitch playable and some fans who were on holiday between Christmas and New Year won't be able to make the revised date.