Total faith in SSC

killiehippo

The disappointment of losing to Aberdeen at Pittodrie is a measure of Clarke's success on the pitch since arriving.

This is a fixture we probably shouldn't expect anything from yet here we are tearing our hair out and raging we didn't win?!

I'll take these moments of disappointment over the sleep walking apathy and acceptance of defeat we came to expect with previous managers in the past few years.

Already been said above but Power off for Erwin wasn’t hard to understand. Can only assume there was an injury niggle?!

SSC is still this best thing to happen to this club in years and is the main reason I thought heading up the A9 we could take something today. 

Onwards and upwards. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

"Alan Power was struggling from early in the game and he's a big player at set-pieces, which was why I brought Lee Erwin on slightly out of position.

"We got done for the first goal from a corner which took a deflection off Lee, funnily enough." - SC

Still seems like a strange decision, it's clear that Aberdeen are a threat with a lot of height in their team but there is more to the game than set pieces. To have both Boyd and Erwin on from the start of the second half was leaving an awful lot for the other players to do. He could have put Finlay at left back for his height and pushed Taylor into midfield to at least give the energy and work rate in there that Erwin doesn't provide.  

11 hours ago, killiehippo said:

There seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to today's loss at Mutton central. We have been excellent since SSC arrived and I didn't think we were that bad today. Lets all get behind SSC and see what he can do in the months and years ahead........he has the potential to be a true Killie legend.

Yes. This.

Anyone levelling criticism at SC needs a serious reality check. If he'd started the season in the job I'd imagine we'd be pretty close to Aberdeen's points tally. 

He has more than earned a mildly disappointing result from time to time. 

As it stands the remit is to keep us in the league, considering the horrendous start. We'll do that with plenty to spare with a decent cup run looking highly likely. 

Everything is on the up. Bound to be a bump or two along the way but if we stay on the same upward trajectory we'll be a genuine force next season. 

We should drop the "Sir" nonsense from his name. Places him on a pedestal and puts unrealistic expectations on him and the team. I don't think Steve Clarke deserves criticism, but it is a football fan's forum and fans have the right to say what they think.

Edited by Wrangodog
Damn missed the e on his surname

5 hours ago, DuncD said:

Erwin could have been flying all week at training for all we know. 

I think we all know that didn't happen xD Even if he had then he should have started or been subbed for another attacking player. Bringing him on for a midfielder when we were leading doesn't make sense, simple as that. Stop trying to blindly defend it, bad mistake, but I think we can agree he has more than earned the right to make a few. 

Edited by Killie lad

17 hours ago, historyman said:

The manager doesn't need to justify his changes to us but I would love to know what his thinking was behind the substitution as, on the face of it, ot does look like a very strange one 

SC was interviewed on the radio and said Erwin on for Power was to defend against Abersheep at set pieces, doesn’t matter why he did it still believe he is the best manager Killie have ever had, Burns was good but Clarke will prove to be better.