Anthony Stokes

Candygram for mongo

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why? He was equally as bad a player as he was a manager in his time with us. 

He never played. He was decent on the odd occasion he did. Very good passer of the ball. 

How could he be horrible to watch when you never got to watch him. 

Edited by cammy_boy

I'd take a gamble on him to the end of the season, personally Ive been disgusted with the attitude, fitness and interest of pulling on a shirt on a Saturday afternoon of Kris Boyd over the last few seasons...Things change.

Imaging Boyd can continue this season and next as he has been recently with a revitalised and focused Stokes along side him is frightening. 

8 minutes ago, TheeOhSee said:

I'd take a gamble on him to the end of the season, personally Ive been disgusted with the attitude, fitness and interest of pulling on a shirt on a Saturday afternoon of Kris Boyd over the last few seasons...Things change.

Imaging Boyd can continue this season and next as he has been recently with a revitalised and focused Stokes along side him is frightening. 

Kris Boyd has never displayed a tiny bit of the behaviour of this clown. He just needed a kick up the arse and involved in a better atomosphere.

Stokes = poison. 

52 minutes ago, TheeOhSee said:

I doubt Stokes would walk into the dressing room and cause any issues if he was able to then its embarrassing for us as a club in that we were unable to manage him. I imagine he would be pretty grounded about the situation and do well from it. If not dock his wages at every opportunity and leave him to rot on the bench. He is someone Im sure every Scottish team fears playing against. Worth a punt.

He has failed at several clubs, why should we be different?  If "every Scottish team fears playing against " him, is Lennon at fault for not playing him for Hibs every Saturday?  Sadly I think he is beyond redemption as a footballer as he has not put in the work and attitude to go with his undoubted talent.

7 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

He has failed at several clubs, why should we be different?  If "every Scottish team fears playing against " him, is Lennon at fault for not playing him for Hibs every Saturday?  Sadly I think he is beyond redemption as a footballer as he has not put in the work and attitude to go with his undoubted talent.

He has 40 odd goals and more importantly 125 assists in Scottish football. Good signing for a team of our level. I don't care about Neil Lennon or Hibs.

"I think he is beyond redemption as a footballer as he has not put in the work and attitude to go with his undoubted talent." - This was my point about Boyd's last few seasons and how he has turned it around. 

40 minutes ago, TheeOhSee said:

He has 40 odd goals and more importantly 125 assists in Scottish football. Good signing for a team of our level. I don't care about Neil Lennon or Hibs.

"I think he is beyond redemption as a footballer as he has not put in the work and attitude to go with his undoubted talent." - This was my point about Boyd's last few seasons and how he has turned it around. 

Your stats are flawed (he has scored a lot more than 40 goals in Scotland).   Apart from his time at Falkirk as a youngster and later at Celtic he has been a bit of a let down.  No one has wanted to keep him.  Regardless of you not caring about Lennon or Hibs you should be mindful of the first rule of interviewing, that the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour.  

6 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Your stats are flawed (he has scored a lot more than 40 goals in Scotland).   Apart from his time at Falkirk as a youngster and later at Celtic he has been a bit of a let down.  No one has wanted to keep him.  Regardless of you not caring about Lennon or Hibs you should be mindful of the first rule of interviewing, that the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour.  

Your stats are also flawed..."a lot more than" 

Im sorry you feel Anthony Stokes has let you down. 

I'll probably dismiss your rather cynical and bleak interviewing wisdom on the grounds of me not really interviewing folk, perhaps if for some strange reason my C.V were to find its way onto the desk of the man of woman looking for the next Andrew Marr/Alan Carr whatever I may come back and use you as an oracle to  help me get through the interview process to become a man who interviews people. 

I wonder if by this logic we finish pretty close to the bottom, lose S.C and employ Broadfoot as the next manager? (Rhetorical) 

I think Stokes is pretty decent at football, you don't. Surely thats enough now?...yawn.

3 hours ago, killiekosmos said:

He's won quite a few trophies at these clubs he has failed at. There's a lot of players would like to have failed like that.