Anthony Stokes

Candygram for mongo

9 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

If we can get him till the end of the season I think it’s a no brainer. Can understand why some people would say no due to his “connections” but we can hardly take the moral high ground after signing Broadfoot who has previously been found guilty of sectarian abuse.

I think people are more concerned that hes an absolute arsehole and a nutter. The alcohol and drug thing are secomdary for me as people deserve help and a chance but this guy has demonstrated time and time again that he is a prick. 

No thanks! 

Edited by cammy_boy

If people have previous, I believe they should be given a chance, however, when it boils down to it, you've got to make a commercial decision as much as a  footballing one. We dont have massive headroom in our budget I wouldn't think, so it's not like Kilmarnock FC/Ltd can take the risk. He'll demand a wage at the top of our structure I suspect and there's no way we can blow it all on someone who only 'might' turn out to be ok. Sorry Anthony. 

Slightly off subject but I loved the interviews with Lennon at the recent derby cup-tie. 

Asked by the interviewer before the game about Stokes’ situation, Lennon patiently explained that players had to be given some latitude in their behaviour but sometimes some of them pushed the boundaries too far too often, or words to that effect. 

Straight sfter the match, the same interviewer ended his questions by asking Lennon if there was any change in Stokes’ situation! 

The withering look he gave him was priceless. 

No

If a Manager with a previous working relationship even friendship with the player....and gave him every chance and often covered up for his "antics"..and gave him allowances other players would not be given...... Has had enough ......then most sensible coaches would steer well clear 

2 hours ago, Geronimo said:

If we can get him till the end of the season I think it’s a no brainer. Can understand why some people would say no due to his “connections” but we can hardly take the moral high ground after signing Broadfoot who has previously been found guilty of sectarian abuse.

Broadfoot is a w****r. Doesn't hang about with terrorists though.