Hawkshaw away to stranraer

Neilly

7 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Hearts reserve Angus Beith has scored 8 goals in 10 games in that league from midfield . Shows the quality of the teams . Expect Hawkshaw to stand out in a poor league . Probably not enough to be kept on may get him a move to champ in summer .

When did you last watch a League 1 game? Or Angus Beith? 

8 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Hearts reserve Angus Beith has scored 8 goals in 10 games in that league from midfield . Shows the quality of the teams . Expect Hawkshaw to stand out in a poor league . Probably not enough to be kept on may get him a move to champ in summer .

Nonsense about the standard of the league. I've seen a number of L1 games this season and the standard isn't bad generally - albeit with two teams way out in front. The style of play might be a bit more... 'agricultural' (?) - but that doesn't necessarily make it poor. It'll be a good challenge for Dean, up against 'men' with a different style of play than he's used to, but I expect him to thrive 'cos he's a very talented lad.

Technically Hawkshaw is a good player. He’s not physical but he doesn’t have to be. This is an opportunity for him to learn how to compete when in a miss match. As well as minutes on the pitch a lot of the opponents will be bigger and stronger and hopefully he can learn to cope with that. 

Good luck to him . Don’t understand the love in for him personally . Seen him numerous times and never been particularly impressed . He needs to stick to a position and I think he will be away regardless in the summer . A lower end championship team . 

Regarding Angus Beith I have seen him a couple of times a decent player but hardly a world beater . The league one games are long ball punts with technically limited footballers . For god sake Rab Douglas is still playing at 46  . Some players who have potential or have fallen away due to problems or old age .  The quality is very poor . Possibly exciting as there are a lot of mistakes leading to high scoring games and red cards etc .

5 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Good luck to him . Don’t understand the love in for him personally . Seen him numerous times and never been particularly impressed . He needs to stick to a position and I think he will be away regardless in the summer . A lower end championship team . 

Regarding Angus Beith I have seen him a couple of times a decent player but hardly a world beater . The league one games are long ball punts with technically limited footballers . For god sake Rab Douglas is still playing at 46  . Some players who have potential or have fallen away due to problems or old age .  The quality is very poor . Possibly exciting as there are a lot of mistakes leading to high scoring games and red cards etc .

Could not disagree more.

Fair enough you have your opinion but I can't help compare you to the Norwich fans who called Naismith their worst ever signing. We know he won't score 30 in 6 months but Norwich fans will see it as justification for getting rid if he doesn't in our "part time" league. 

League 1 is a good standard, full of honest players and if dean hawkshaw excels he deserves to..no one gets anything for free down the divisions, good luck to him! 

7 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Would be nice to see the players who've gone on loan come back stronger. Not many have done so in the past.

Perhaps that’s them an indication f

1. They weren’t actually good enough or

2. The loan club wasn’t the right place or

I suspect a combination of both plus pish coaching, and a lack of drive and determination.

8 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Would be nice to see the players who've gone on loan come back stronger. Not many have done so in the past.

Last one i can remember was Rory Mckensie did he not go on loan to Brechin and score a few goals just before he broke through to our first team?

8 hours ago, Jamsie said:

Could not disagree more.

Fair enough you have your opinion but I can't help compare you to the Norwich fans who called Naismith their worst ever signing. We know he won't score 30 in 6 months but Norwich fans will see it as justification for getting rid if he doesn't in our "part time" league. 

League 1 is a good standard, full of honest players and if dean hawkshaw excels he deserves to..no one gets anything for free down the divisions, good luck to him! 

I would like to hear your reasons for that comparison . 

At no point did I say I think he was our worst signing ever . I said I wasn’t impressed with him . Also we didn’t sign him for millions of pounds . 

He also plays right back or centre of midfield his goals are irrelevant . If you read back I said I think he will stand out in a poor league . Doesn’t mean he is good enough to be with us because he’s good in a predominantly part time league . 

10 hours ago, Jamsie said:

League 1 is a good standard, full of honest players

As is the highland league which got slated after the cup draw. Otherwise Brora wouldn’t have knocked out 2 league 1 teams in Stranraer and EF away from home. Sometimes folk just make assumptions on standards of leagues regardless of knowledge. I think League 1 has a lot of good players, some of who could be playing higher level if teams took a chance on them.

13 minutes ago, DuncD said:

As is the highland league which got slated after the cup draw. Otherwise Brora wouldn’t have knocked out 2 league 1 teams in Stranraer and EF away from home. Sometimes folk just make assumptions on standards of leagues regardless of knowledge. I think League 1 has a lot of good players, some of who could be playing higher level if teams took a chance on them.

This. There are good players at most levels in Scotland for one reason or another. Look at Rory McAllister as a prime example - I have no doubt that he would have scored for fun in the top-flight but his other job paid so well he couldn't financially take the risk to go full-time. There will be other players in a similar boat who for them part-time football makes more sense financially than joining a bigger team full-time. 

17 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I don't think he's played right-back since he came through as a youth. He's a central midfielder so he's sticking to a position.

17 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Your Rab Douglas point makes no sense and undermines any argument you think you have. Douglas rejoined Arbroath as a favour when they had an injury crisis and made one appearance. Hardly "still playing". Bobby Geddes played in the old First Division for Dundee when he was 49 - does that make it a poor league? He was on the bench in the top-flight a few years after too... I'd be really interested to know how many games you've watched at that level to come up with your analysis, but given how wrong it is I'm going to say very little. I'll repeat my earlier point too - long ball doesn't actually equal bad. 

Edited by Cill Mheàrnaig

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He has played right back at first team level, only once or twice but he has played there.

I genuinely can't remember him ever playing right-back for the first team, but if he has then I apologise. Either way, he's a midfielder - the original point made it out as if he was like Mark O'Hara and flitting between positions regularly. 

22 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I genuinely can't remember him ever playing right-back for the first team, but if he has then I apologise. Either way, he's a midfielder - the original point made it out as if he was like Mark O'Hara and flitting between positions regularly. 

Definitely primarily a centre mid, always played there for u20's. I'm certain he did start at right back for the first team when we were short of options one game and I think maybe the next game he switched to right back at half time due to injury or something - I can't remember the specifics but I'm quite certain it happened.