Last minute deals

Neilly

Murray, Hendry(potentially), Bain, Allan and Bell are all in a way linked to Craig Gordon’s injury at Celtic. 

Celtic needed a keeper. They wanted Bain and Dundee were prepared to allow it but he’d just signed for Hibs. Hibs wanted Allan as a sweetener but he was on loan at Dundee. Dundee were prepared to let Allan go but they wanted Murray as a sweetener. And because Dundee have been so accomodating Celtic are dancing to their tune for the boy Hendry and Dundee will probably keep him for the rest of the season. And Bells heading to Hibs to replace Bain. 

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

What's strange about them? 

What’s strange well Bain went to hibs just this month now he’s on is way to Celtic Murray signed by Lennon in the summer scored goals for fun at the start of the season hawkshaw to stranraer feel he could have went to a bigger club Dom Thomas again would have been good back up if jones goes Cammy Bell to hibs didn’t feature for us because he was injured then all of a sudden he passes medical

Edited by Neilly

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

Murray, Hendry(potentially), Bain, Allan and Bell are all in a way linked to Craig Gordon’s injury at Celtic. 

Celtic needed a keeper. They wanted Bain and Dundee were prepared to allow it but he’d just signed for Hibs. Hibs wanted Allan as a sweetener but he was on loan at Dundee. Dundee were prepared to let Allan go but they wanted Murray as a sweetener. And because Dundee have been so accomodating Celtic are dancing to their tune for the boy Hendry and Dundee will probably keep him for the rest of the season. And Bells heading to Hibs to replace Bain. 

:Dsimples 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Seems super glued to his goal line and every shot goes through his body... but Zorro endorsed him and that's good enough for me! ¬¬

Don’t just take my word, Neil Lennon and Brendan Rodgers obviously rate him too. Between them they seem to have done not too bad at putting winning teams together. 

Anyway, if you’d read any of my comments on MacDonald - I don’t slate him for his frequent clangers, every keeper makes mistakes. I don’t rate him because of fundamental flaws in his game. 

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Don’t just take my word, Neil Lennon and Brendan Rodgers obviously rate him too. Between them they seem to have done not too bad at putting winning teams together. 

Anyway, if you’d read any of my comments on MacDonald - I don’t slate him for his frequent clangers, every keeper makes mistakes. I don’t rate him because of fundamental flaws in his game. 

Both managers signed him as a number two... when he was not featuring for a side like Dundee that are struggling for form. Therefore your comment about putting winning sides together doesn't apply here as he likely won't play any more than a handful of games this season unless there are injuries to current players.

Both managers have made some right clangers when it comes to signing players also, but I applaud Rodgers for having a budget 17 times what any other side in Scotland have (minus Rangers) for putting a winning team together on the park.

14 hours ago, Zorro said:

I suggested Bain for us when he was rotting in Dundee’s reserves. Was told he wasn’t good enough. Been signed by two top four teams since then...

He didn't get a game for Hibs and he won't get a game at Celtic. It hardly proves your point. I can guaranteethat McDonald also wouldn't get a game at Celtic.

14 hours ago, Bbk said:

A hypothetical question for you who would you play against Celtic on Saturday if we had secured the services of Bain in this transfer window instead of Celtic? Just for information purposes only you understand!

MacDonald would be in possession of the jersey. It would be up to any incoming player to prove they deserve it more. 

Whose to say Woodman didn’t show MacDonald up in training? Wasn’t Fred with us on the trip to the North East of England. I don’t recall him signing one day and playing the next. It’s been spoken about many times that Freddie’s attitude and application in training are fantastic. Not saying that MacDonald isn’t but these things obviously make a difference as well. 

Can we not put this to bed now. I’m not MacDonalds biggest fan but it’s clear he’s our number 1 and will be for the foreseeable. Yes we’ve signed two keepers this week but I don’t see them as the serious challengers Bell was supposed to be. Hopefully Jamie prospers in this new environment and doesn’t slip when assured of the jersey.