Scotland- Lowest Growth in the Developed World - Guess who's to blame?

Mclean07

Yes, you were right, our old friend Westminster :) 

Apperently, said the Great Leader, we don't have immigration powers and we need population growth. The lack, thereof, is the reason we somehow managed to get 0.6% growth last year, in spite of having £1200 more per head spent on us than rUK and despite a booming works economy. Quite an achievement, I'm sure you'll agree.

What baffles me is this. Wouldn't you think that immigrants to the racist hellhole that is England, would be flocking across the border to our progressive heaven at the earliest opportunity? Weird.

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Yes, you were right, our old friend Westminster :) 

Apperently, said the Great Leader, we don't have immigration powers and we need population growth. The lack, thereof, is the reason we somehow managed to get 0.6% growth last year, in spite of having £1200 more per head spent on us than rUK and despite a booming world economy. Quite an achievement, I'm sure you'll agree.

What baffles me is this. Wouldn't you think that immigrants to the racist hellhole that is England, would be flocking across the border to our progressive heaven at the earliest opportunity? Weird.

49 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

What, with councillors like Davie Mclachlan in Hamilton to 'look after' them? 

And here was me thinking it was all down to Brexit. So there you have it,  the options presented so far are:

a) Wee Nicola and the SNP as a whole are so fixated on their ideology that they are basically just incompetent at the business of government.
b) The vast majority of any UK growth is being sucked into the black hole of Laandan due to the policies of the Westminster government..

Of course there is the Tory party manifesto line which is that the failure to compete is down to all the wee schemies in Scotland being lazy skiving bastards. On the other hand the Corbynistas all insist it is all the fault of oppressive totalitarian capitalism.

Here's a wee radical though, maybe its none of those things. Maybe it is just completely random, thinks like the global oil price and nothing whatever to do with politics. A scary notion.

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

It's like you take enjoyment from the lack of growth and the negative effect it has on people because it allows you to get one over on the SNP. Like when you wanted people in Sunderland to all lose their jobs. Empathy isn't your strong point

Why would I take enjoyment from the lack of growth? I have children and grandchildren and what I want is for people to waken up and realise how dire and incompetent  this lot are. I'm ashamed of our economic perfornance. The same reason I, with the majority of my fellow Scots rejected a leap in the dark, and thank goodness we did. No separatism, Scot Nat or Brit Nat. Stay in the UK, stay in Europe.

By the way, why do you think people aren't flocking from racist England to progressive Scotland? 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

And here was me thinking it was all down to Brexit. So there you have it,  the options presented so far are:

a) Wee Nicola and the SNP as a whole are so fixated on their ideology that they are basically just incompetent at the business of government.
b) The vast majority of any UK growth is being sucked into the black hole of Laandan due to the policies of the Westminster government..

Of course there is the Tory party manifesto line which is that the failure to compete is down to all the wee schemies in Scotland being lazy skiving bastards. On the other hand the Corbynistas all insist it is all the fault of oppressive totalitarian capitalism.

Here's a wee radical though, maybe its none of those things. Maybe it is just completely random, thinks like the global oil price and nothing whatever to do with politics. A scary notion.

RUK still had three times our growth rate, even with the lunacy of brexit. I thnk option a) is your man. 

22 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Honestly I have never seen, heard or had the displeasure to read the ramblings if a more Scot hating person in my life.

you really are an utter disgrace.

heres a radical plan.  Why don’t you give your anti SNP anti Scottish pish a f**kin rest.  EVERYONE is f**king totally sick of your s**t.

0.6% growth....you won't get Indy on that type of performance, lad :) 

20 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

0.6% growth....you won't get Indy on that type of performance, lad :) 

Oh really,  I wonder how many economic levers the Scottish parliament have control over?  Last four itk was 25% of the fiscal regime.  Ergo waste monster,  the place you worship is therefore in control of 75% and their brexit London centric pish effect everywhere else adversely.

your obsession with hating Scotland doesn’t allow you to see this.

even you last few gleeful posts Pepe my and squirrels point that you are a complete Scot hating cvnt

32 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

"I wonder how many economic levers the Scottish Parliament have control over" 

Hahahahahahahaha. Quite possibly the worst f**king patter I've ever f**king heard. Funny as f**k but Bob. 

Laugh all you want, it’s the painful truth to all you Scot hating yoons.

Edited by Beaker71

I posted this the other day:

The threads on this forum would be a lot more interesting to read and participate in if everyone stopped finding examples of the most extreme views on an issue that they can find and then posting them as if they bring something to the debate. Let's ignore the ignorant minority on all sides, they bring nothing whatsoever to any discussion.

I'm glad it's had such an instant and positive effect with people now saving time by just moving straight to insults. 

Keep up the debate.

10 hours ago, historyman said:

I'm glad it's had such an instant and positive effect with people now saving time by just moving straight to insults. 

Let me also add that I am not persuaded of the virtue of any argument by the depth of insulting language it is delivered through.

In fact even my mild amusement at the ever more inventive and colourful language soon wears off.

10 hours ago, historyman said:

I posted this the other day:

The threads on this forum would be a lot more interesting to read and participate in if everyone stopped finding examples of the most extreme views on an issue that they can find and then posting them as if they bring something to the debate. Let's ignore the ignorant minority on all sides, they bring nothing whatsoever to any discussion.

Keep up the debate.

Sadly after all this time it is mainly the ignorant minority on each side that post anymore.

I used to post here regularly but it is just a slanging match between the worst of each side with the lone sane voice of reason GDevoy still acting like the UN Blue Helmets between the warring factions of McLean and Beaker/Bob.