Cup tie prices confirmed

Scouser2

The club can confirm ticket prices and information for our Scottish Cup fifth round tie against Brora Rangers.

We will host the Highland League side on Saturday, February 10 at Rugby Park with a 3pm kick off.

Replay : Tuesday 20th February 2018 

Ticket prices;
Adults £20
Concessions (Over 65, Under 21 and Students) £15 
Under 16s £5

Cash turnstiles will be in operation at this fixture.

I would love to see the day when a club statement about prices / facilities / ticketing arrangements etc. is met with universal approval by our extremely hard to please supporters.
I would rather pay this price to watch a team I haven't seen us play before and with a great chance to get into the last 8 of the cup than for yet another match against Hamilton, Ross County etc.
As has been said previously it wont be a walkover and I hope the players don't think like that. If we need any reminder there is always the 3-0 defeat to the earlier version of ICT in the 1980s.

34 minutes ago, historyman said:

I would love to see the day when a club statement about prices / facilities / ticketing arrangements etc. is met with universal approval by our extremely hard to please supporters.
I would rather pay this price to watch a team I haven't seen us play before and with a great chance to get into the last 8 of the cup than for yet another match against Hamilton, Ross County etc.
As has been said previously it wont be a walkover and I hope the players don't think like that. If we need any reminder there is always the 3-0 defeat to the earlier version of ICT in the 1980s.

I thought it was just me that had Vietnam-style flashbacks about Inverness Thistle!

16 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Still too much money. Top level football in Scotland is worth no more than 15 poundds adults 10 concessions 5 under 16s. 

Not criticizing KFC specifically, but the product is not worth any more than that.

Just my opinion.

As a lapsed supporter, I'll try and get along for this one, see what all the fuss is about.

I honestly don't understand people who don't go but then are critical of the product.The product is dependent on bums on seats. If more people went, the product would improve. Also, what is inherently wrong with Scottish football that it's worth less than any other football?

This match is to get to the quarter finals of a competition where you have an opportunity to win the oldest trophy in world football - stop putting our game down - it's nowhere near as bad as the EPL sycophants would have you believe. 

5 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I honestly don't understand people who don't go but then are critical of the product.The product is dependent on bums on seats. If more people went, the product would improve. Also, what is inherently wrong with Scottish football that it's worth less than any other football?

This match is to get to the quarter finals of a competition where you have an opportunity to win the oldest trophy in world football - stop putting our game down - it's nowhere near as bad as the EPL sycophants would have you believe. 

Understand that it is the product and pricing that keeps some people away. 

15 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Understand that it is the product and pricing that keeps some people away. 

I understand pricing. Some people can't afford to go and that's perfectly reasonable. But to say the product keeps you away is self perpetuating - of course the product will get worse if less people go.

17 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Still too much money. Top level football in Scotland is worth no more than 15 poundds adults 10 concessions 5 under 16s. 

Not criticizing KFC specifically, but the product is not worth any more than that.

Just my opinion.

As a lapsed supporter, I'll try and get along for this one, see what all the fuss is about.

League 1 Stranraer, as an example, are £15 for home games.

Killie, especially under SC, must be worth an extra fiver?! And thats before we even get into the economics of running a club of Killie's size..

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

The pricing should match the product on the park. I am one of the few who actually agree that prices should be increased when the likes of Celtic come to town as the quality of player on show is better. However, the same should apply when farmers and joiners are the opposition - it's not really worth £20. I would imagine that for some supporters, price would factor into whether they attend. Most clubs across Europe charge different prices depending on the opposition.

18 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Just my opinion.

There was a time when I'd have agreed with you. I think maybe when you look at other options then it's really not unreasonable. If you want to go to the cinema you're going to be looking at £10-£15 a ticket. If you want to go to a gig on a Saturday night you're probably looking at around £30 to see a mid-level band at a mid-level venue. I think Scottish top league football is probably priced around where it should be at £20-£25.

If you get in for £15 then you're getting a great deal IMO.

English supporters, of the lower leagues in particular, are the most entitled delusional people you could meet. I met a guy on holiday who played for Gateshead who was talking down about the level my mate played at - he was a squad player for Gretna in the SPL at the time.

I understand pricing. Some people can't afford to go and that's perfectly reasonable. But to say the product keeps you away is self perpetuating - of course the product will get worse if less people go.

It is self perpetuating, but the customer isn't there to satisfy the product. Whilst the product diminished as a whole, Killie suffered more than most because of the lack of customer care and exploitation coming from the boardroom.

Good to see things seem to have changed significantly since the remarkable appointment of Steve Clarke, hopefully the good days are returning. Even a £20 walk up, Killie amongst te cheapest in the league, is still too much. I've only been to a couple of games over the last few years, having been a season ticket holder for a very long time, so will get along to the Brora game to see what the Steve Clarke revolution is all about.