Regan steps down as SFA chief executive

31 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

The problem is he is only the spokesman for a boardroom of Muppets, he has taken the fall but the others involved still hide in the shadows. time for a total revamp and more transparency for all.

Completely agree. Regan is a patsy, and while I am glad he is gone, nothing will change at the SFA till there is a fundamental change to the way the organisation is structured. The SFA needs to be given authority to make the necessary changes, but that will never happen while the clubs limit the SFA, and then hide in subcommittees. 

The following is from 2012...Regan should have been away then...

Turnbull Hutton of Raith Rovers has hit out at the bullying tactics used by the SFA and SPL to accept ‘re-organisation’ plans aimed at creating a First Division place for Sevco.

Leaked details of the plan have outraged supporters of all SFL clubs with Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Morton, Hamilton Accies, Falkirk and Clyde all going public with their opposition.

Clubs outwith the SPL or even just outwith the big two Glasgow sides are often referred to as diddy teams with Hutton happy to use that derogatory term as the SFA and SPL turn to clubs like Raith to bail them out

“I accept that there is a lot of pressure being applied on various people,” the Raith chairman explained discussing the position that the SFL have been put in. “Maybe the organisation that is responsible for the so-called diddy teams feel under pressure from the mighty SFA and the mighty SPL.

“There’s a big issue with Rangers but the Rangers meltdown has got nothing whatsoever to do with the First Division clubs, it’s never been our problem and yet it seems to me that there has been an abdication of the SPL failing to sort it out in the first place, the SFA wading in but not doing anything and now we’ll just punt it to the SFL and let them try to sort it out.

“And just to help the process along why don’t we try to blackmail them and frighten them- it’s bizarre. If we are now at the stage of bending rules, accommodating, threatening and blackmailing we want to give it up.

“The threat is that if you don’t vote in favour of this they’ll set up an SPL 2 and you won’t be invited, what kind of organisation is that?

“There is a lot more realism in the management of the diddy league than I’m seeing from the leadership of the SFA and SPL.”

Turnbull added: “Scottish football has been based on, or should be based on honest sporting endeavour. There should be rewards for the good sides, relegation for the bad sides and the fans should come along and see something that is at least honest.

31 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Too late really, the damage has already been done. Should have been sacked for his comment about civil unrest in the streets when the Old Rangers were booted down to the Second Division. Leeann Dempster or Ann Budge might give the SFA the shakeup it needs but I doubt if either will get it.

What's Michael Johnston up to these days...? :ph34r:

4 hours ago, jock said:

The following is from 2012...Regan should have been away then...

Turnbull Hutton of Raith Rovers has hit out at the bullying tactics used by the SFA and SPL to accept ‘re-organisation’ plans aimed at creating a First Division place for Sevco.

Leaked details of the plan have outraged supporters of all SFL clubs with Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Morton, Hamilton Accies, Falkirk and Clyde all going public with their opposition.

Clubs outwith the SPL or even just outwith the big two Glasgow sides are often referred to as diddy teams with Hutton happy to use that derogatory term as the SFA and SPL turn to clubs like Raith to bail them out

“I accept that there is a lot of pressure being applied on various people,” the Raith chairman explained discussing the position that the SFL have been put in. “Maybe the organisation that is responsible for the so-called diddy teams feel under pressure from the mighty SFA and the mighty SPL.

“There’s a big issue with Rangers but the Rangers meltdown has got nothing whatsoever to do with the First Division clubs, it’s never been our problem and yet it seems to me that there has been an abdication of the SPL failing to sort it out in the first place, the SFA wading in but not doing anything and now we’ll just punt it to the SFL and let them try to sort it out.

“And just to help the process along why don’t we try to blackmail them and frighten them- it’s bizarre. If we are now at the stage of bending rules, accommodating, threatening and blackmailing we want to give it up.

“The threat is that if you don’t vote in favour of this they’ll set up an SPL 2 and you won’t be invited, what kind of organisation is that?

“There is a lot more realism in the management of the diddy league than I’m seeing from the leadership of the SFA and SPL.”

Turnbull added: “Scottish football has been based on, or should be based on honest sporting endeavour. There should be rewards for the good sides, relegation for the bad sides and the fans should come along and see something that is at least honest.

The late, great and very much missed Turnbull Hutton.

Thankfully there were a few like him in official positions who had the guts to voice the opinions of the fans while the rest of them, with our esteemed erstwhile leader Michaël at the head of the pack, weren't prepared to get their heads out of the trough. 

Our abstention in the vote was the most shameful day in the club's history and his failure to confirm the outcome of the fans' poll was an utter disgrace. I disliked him before those events and detested him ever since. 

Edited by historyman

• 2 weeks later...

Leeann Dempster of Hibs just ruled herself out of applying for the job. I thought she might shake things up but maybe went for the safer option. They'll soon be advertising the two jobs in the jobcentres, if they haven't all been replaced by call centres.

"For SFA Chief Executive's vacancy press 1, for Scotland Manager's vacancy press 2. Current waiting time is forty minutes, meanwhile you can listen to some p!shy music that will increase your blood pressure".

Edited by Wrangodog