Celtic thread, Fred

skygod

On Celtic forums they all say same thing... best team won... should have won by more... Clarke outfoxed Brenda... Mulumbu ran the show.

I would love us to try make moves to keep him here longer. Just make an offer as best as we can within our budget. He's 31, he's a hero, he's guaranteed to start. We need to try... and I'm sure we will try. Even if it's two years with a 500k buyout to a non-Scottish side.

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

On Celtic forums they all say same thing... best team won... should have won by more... Clarke outfoxed Brenda... Mulumbu ran the show.

I would love us to try make moves to keep him here longer. Just make an offer as best as we can within our budget. He's 31, he's a hero, he's guaranteed to start. We need to try... and I'm sure we will try. Even if it's two years with a 500k buyout to a non-Scottish side.

500K????  f**k me add a zero to that bud.  He is immense, game Brown a lesson today.

1 minute ago, Killiesince69 said:

Was really worried that the missed chances would come back to haunt us but in reality we were never in danger. We are now the real deal, no doubt about it. No failures but special word for Roary because he has had so much stick and rightly so, played like a lion today!

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly with you he played fantastic 

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

500k is kind of the point he is making though. So he can easily leave for a bigger team if he wants.

So am I, he’s been a success in the EPL before so they know what he can offer so stick a zero on the number, they can all pay this easily. A weeks pocket money for their teams.

Thought we were superb. Felt at half time there was a chance to get stronger if we could improve little things. We showed Celtic absolutely no respect at all and won all our battles. Only criticism is we were a little wasteful in front of goal. It SHOULD have been more.

Manager got it spot on. Great tactics to cope with Celtic. First sub was excellent and completely caught Celtic. Looked like a defensive switch taking of our main striker for a midfielder. What he did was give Mulumbu, Jones, Brophy and to a lesser extent Rory(who was doing Tierney) much more freedom to attack. 

Thought Mulumbu was a class apart from start to finish. Was a little worried when he got involved with Dembele after being booked for celebrating his goal. Great midfield performance and he clearly relishes the big occasions.

Back four were outstanding. Broadfoot dominated Dembele all game and strolled through it. Greer didn’t put a foot wrong. What I liked is they didn’t let Brown Ref the game. They belittled him and had their say with the ref as well. Taylor was excellent. One mistake which Dicker covered in the second half. He had Ntcham and Forrest all day and still got up to support JJ.

Midfield very impressive. Dicker sitting and covering. All went toe to toe with their opponents. I’ve been critical of Rory and felt he could have been the man to change the game first half if it clicked. Second half he controlled Tierney and won everything he went for.

JJ was great and bad but mostly great. His finishing was poor but what a pass to pick out Mulumbu. His pace was a constant threat and a great out ball.

All in all a fantastic day at the office

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

500K????  f**k me add a zero to that bud.  He is immense, game Brown a lesson today.

I'm just saying 500k so it doesn't price him out a move down south if he gets the right offer. Notice I said non-Scottish club. He will be gone at end of the season for hee haw so at least 500k protects us. I do agree I would love to be rejecting bids at 3 or 4 times that value... but in the interest of keeping him longer and protecting his career if he sees it elsewhere we would really need to put some kind of buyout clause in the contract.

33 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

03-02-18-ladbrokes-premiership-kilmarnock-14577939.jpg

Just in from the match. Well played to both teams for a thoroughly entertaining afternoon.

Highlights were Jones saying cheerio to Brown and Brown's face,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great photo BTW.

Another highlight for me was Broadfoot ripping the pish out of the Green Brigade at the end, wonder if the cameras caught this.

Also impressed by the ovation given to Ajer  from the FB stand when he came off, well remembered.

Pissed off if meedya and Sellic are blaming the pitch for his injury as he showed he can play on it when here for a full season.

Hope he's not seriously hurt.

Sir Steve of Saltcoats is some man.

Happy days......................................................................................

I don't think we're keeping him, and I totally think he deserves another crack at the Premier League down south if that's where his heart is. I'd be heartbroken if he signed for another Scottish club ahead of us. I was saying to a mate last week that I'd love it if he signed a contract, even just as a token to get the get the club a tidy fee as he goes back south - a million or two is a fraction of what he's worth, and buttons to a Championship/Premier team, but it'd be huge for the club and SC's ambitions in the window.

Of course, I'd taken the big man staying over the money. Just can't see it...

[Words famously uttered when rumours first started about Clarke coming in]

EDIT: I see Bullitt making much the same point as me. Ultimately, the ball is entirely in Mulumbu's court.

Edited by kevin1869

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm just saying 500k so it doesn't price him out a move down south if he gets the right offer. Notice I said non-Scottish club. He will be gone at end of the season for hee haw so at least 500k protects us. I do agree I would love to be rejecting bids at 3 or 4 times that value... but in the interest of keeping him longer and protecting his career if he sees it elsewhere we would really need to put some kind of buyout clause in the contract.

I know and understand.  I am just in dreamland after today and mulumbu is as big a player as Losa was in his first season, and as delightful to watch as Skora but for different reasons.

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

I know and understand.  I am just in dreamland after today and mulumbu is as big a player as Losa was in his first season, and as delightful to watch as Skora but for different reasons.

Mate I'm the same. Wee fella said to me today that it's great being a Killie fan. He's going to school on Monday every week with a smile on his face wearing his Killie tammy rather than hiding from Rangers and Celtic fans.

34 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

See that £100k that TiK have raised.Might that be enough?

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Big Kirk just loves a ripping it out of opponents. Had a dig at Sevco fans and today went mental taunting the green brigade at the end before making sure he gave the Moffat Stand a get it up ye as well

He really does.  

I was pretty against it when he first signed (more the baggage than him tbf), but since Clarke came in he has been immense and exactly the type of player we've been missing the past few seasons. A player that mixes it, unsettles the opposition and, importantly, is a bloody good defender that plays his role in the squad perfectly.