Celtic thread, Fred

skygod

Can I have a bottle of whatever Stevie has started slipping in the tea at the club?

Can anyone honestly say that they thought when he came in we'd take 4 points of each of the old firm clubs & we'd win 5 home games?

The players he has brought in, but also the ones who he has given a chance to have been sensational, for the first time since the Kenny Era we have a team that we can be 100% proud of, and give 100% week on week.

Also, I would sell part of my soul to keep Mulumbu forever. What a machine. And spent the vast part of the game winding up and annoying Dembele. Greatest signing since First Eremenko period.

I'm off to have a drink, troll the fans of every team in the league on twitter, and sing inappropriate songs speculating that Mulumbu has a massive Wang.

1 minute ago, CMTK1708 said:

The players he has brought in, but also the ones who he has given a chance to have been sensational, for the first time since the Kenny Era we have a team that we can be 100% proud of, and give 100% week on week.

Thought this today. Thinking back to the first game against Celtic this season and the point when Brophy came on. He looked completely out of place IMO and like a Hamilton reject. After the next few games under McCulloch we would all have been quite happy for the lad never to play for Killie again. Fast forward a few months and not only do we want the boy playing but there is complete faith in the boy to lead the line against the best team in the country and he’s one we want in the team alongside Boyd.

The improvement in Boyd, Broadfoot, SOD and Power to name a few is fantastic. 

Rest of the results good today as well.  2 points more than well and thistle, three more then Hamilton and scumdee.   Hibs are always a bit too far away from us, but the saints losing to the jambos is on the face of it good for us as well.

three games in hand, which if won puts us fifth and only four points off hibs!

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:
  33 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

03-02-18-ladbrokes-premiership-kilmarnock-14577939.jpg

Just in from the match. Well played to both teams for a thoroughly entertaining afternoon.

Highlights were Jones saying cheerio to Brown and Brown's face,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great photo BTW.

Another highlight for me was Broadfoot ripping the pish out of the Green Brigade at the end, wonder if the cameras caught this.

Also impressed by the ovation given to Ajer  from the FB stand when he came off, well remembered.

Pissed off if meedya and Sellic are blaming the pitch for his injury as he showed he can play on it when here for a full season.

Hope he's not seriously hurt.

Sir Steve of Saltcoats is some man.

Happy days......................................................................................

He was also clapped off from the east stand

Lost for words at this game. Fought to the death and showed true spirit.

Mulumbu is too good for the Scottish game. Would love to keep ahold of him for the rest of his playing days. Sadly highly unlikely so just have to appreciate him whilst he's here. 

Here's to many more games like that. Would love to see a home crowd packing out both of the stands and the buzz that would make. 

See to just too round off a fantastic day and general feeling about the place 

der Hun got their arse handed to them by hibs and Ayr Utd got beat too.hopefully the w****rs on radio Scotland will go back to touting lenny now. Go with whoever is flavour of the hour 

Edited by seedsy

That was brilliant. Mulumbu deserves all the plaudits he's getting, no question, but I'd like to give mention to McKenzie, Brophy and O'Donnell who I thought were extra special in a special team performance. The sound was turned down in the Brass, didn't hear SC but you wouldn't know by his demeanour whether we had won or lost. What a pokerfaced, dour Ayrshireman he is- I absolutely love him to bits:D!!

"Off The Ball" continuing the "Clarke for Scotland" theme. I've just switched it off.

I think it's made a huge difference that we have leaders down the spine of the team now. None of Broadfoot, Greer, Dicker, Mulumbu or Boyd were going to take any of their pish today and made sure to point out to the ref when they were at it. Also made a huge difference in keeping the team organised.

Steve Clarke expressed his delight at keeping Youssouf Mulumbu at Rugby Park after the midfielder hit the winner in the 1-0 win over Celtic.

The Killie boss was rewarded with a disciplined and committed performance as we recorded our first home win over Celtic since February 2010. 

Having asked his team to play a match without mistakes, Clarke reflected on becoming only the second team to beat Celtic in domestic action under Brendan Rodgers.

He said: "As a team we defended really well and it started with the front two Boyd and Brophy, who I thought defensively were excellent. They worked their socks off for the team, which gives you the platform for the block of eight behind to work very hard.

"We were disciplined and we frustrated Celtic. They found it difficult to break us down and there were a lot of really good performances and a really good result."

Match winner Mulumbu received praise from the manager after the club fended off late interest in the midfielder late in the January window. 

He said: "There was a deal that fell through, fortunately.

"It could have happened - but somebody was looking after us.

"You never know what to expect from the transfer window but I was hopeful.

"Once a club came sniffing there was always the possibility that we could lose him

"I said it was important not to lose key players during the window and so credit to the club that we managed to do that and you've seen his qualities.

"You guys probably don't know him as well as I know him, I know him very well so it didn't surprise me, the only thing that surprised me was the goal. He is not a prolific scorer.

"It was a good performance from us.

"With a little bit more quality and composure we could have made it an easier last five minutes for the coach.

"You always know Celtic will get once chance and at the end they had a shot on target."

Absolutely superb, mulumbu bossed that midfield, everyone stuck to their jobs and played to 100%. Goal was a great cross from JJ. to limit Celtic to only one shot on target was class and it’s mental that we really should’ve scored at least 2 more. Hopefully more fans will come back to future old firm games because why would you want to miss that?