Support.

Charlie's Dad

Need to reintroduce the buy one get one free on season tickets I feel. Problem obviously comes with folk doubling up with their pals to cut cost and the club losing cash.

6 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I sit in the Frank Beattie and the East Stand attendance looked really poor. Did the Frank Beattie look as empty from the East Stand ? I know it’s £26 and on the television, but if we can’t get a decent support with Sir Steven Clarke in charge when can we ? I’m sure the statisticians on here will know.

We need to engage properly with schools in Ayrshire and fill that Moffat stand with young supporters with free tickets. Every school child in Ayrshire should be eligible to a free ticket through their school.

Use PTA to get parents willing to bring the kids along. 10 kids to one adult kind of thing. We will make small profit from scarves, pies and programmes. They are the future of our club and many are priced out of going along.

Home crowd up roughly 700 from last time we played Celtic

For non old firm games i'd like to see us open the Moffat again with immediate effect & do kids for a quid. Even without a paying adult. 

We need to take advantage of the feel good factor while Clarke is here & get younger generation on board. Might even get an extra 1000 on the gate as well...

21 minutes ago, Killiekid said:

Really gutted to miss todays match but family season doesn’t cover sevco and ceptic . Club should discount tickets for family seasons and get east stand busier and a bit more income for the club

Agreed I might have gone with that, but I made the most of my BT Sport subscription and had a thoroughly enjoyable lunchtime in front of the telly with my Celtic supporting missus.

54 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I sit in the Frank Beattie and the East Stand attendance looked really poor. Did the Frank Beattie look as empty from the East Stand ? I know it’s £26 and on the television, but if we can’t get a decent support with Sir Steven Clarke in charge when can we ? I’m sure the statisticians on here will know.

Yes, quite bare.

Hopefully, now that we need have no fear of Celtic or The Rangers or anyone else (Dons excepted) at home, more fans will return to these games.

Club should also allow family season tickets for these games.

1 hour ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I have to admit I wasn’t there today. Probably could have, but my fundage is a bit tight the now truth be told , and I took the easy option. And I regret it 

I can't be bothered with all these excuses. Steve Clarke is performing miracles. BB is bursting a gut financially and a small group of people are backing TiK. The response today would have shamed a junior club. I haven't a clue what it will take to stir our support. Mulumbu showed more passion for the club today than our so called supporters ever will. 

I hear the calls for kid for a quid and I can't deny it is what ideally we would like. Unfortunately the club has given schools hundreds of tickets before and the schools didn't use them as there were not enough teachers or parents willing to go along.

Also, 4000 spectators at 26 quid is over 100,000 of income which could get us two players for a season.

22 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I can't be bothered with all these excuses. Steve Clarke is performing miracles. BB is bursting a gut financially and a small group of people are backing TiK. The response today would have shamed a junior club. I haven't a clue what it will take to stir our support. Mulumbu showed more passion for the club today than our so called supporters ever will. 

I think it's really sad that elsewhere you started a thread about the home support, just to give yourself somewhere to moan afterwards, regardless of the figures. Even after a memorable victory, you still feel the need to have a go instead of enjoying the moment. 

We often complain about the media having a go at our support, but the BT Sport commentator noted the increase of 700 in a positive light. Perhaps you should try it sometime, although I know you like to ignore those pesky facts on this subject. 

I bet a little bit of you is disappointed TiK met its target as that was a favourite moan of yours. 

Spot on. I am not disagreeing. But this has been such amazing result and day.  Let’s build on the good will with some of the suggestions mentioned on this thread. Don’t berate and be a w****r to fellow fans. I don’t know you at all but surely today we should all just bask in this result. And not point score.

editing this to say I’m replying to McLeans post 

Edited by seedsy

10 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I hear the calls for kid for a quid and I can't deny it is what ideally we would like. Unfortunately the club has given schools hundreds of tickets before and the schools didn't use them as there were not enough teachers or parents willing to go along.

If giving free tickets away isn't working for whatever reason, I hope the club isn't persisting with it.

Even a dozen kids wanting to come for £1 is surely better than hundreds not using free tickets.

Alot of fellow season ticket holders around me not there. I can understand arguement over pricing for walk up folk but why not attend when you have paid for it. I walked back to my car on my own with a killie jacket on and scarf  surrounded by them and no problem.  The killie revolution deserves our support where possible. Suppose it will take time to reverse all the harm done previously. 

Edited by langlands_killie

It would be nice to have some kind of deal to open up the Moffat.  Why not try the adult is free if they take two kids rather than the opposite.  Make the kids £10 for your ticket, hot dog and juice.  Leave the rest of the pricing for other stands the same.  I think that way an adult can take his two kids out for the day for £20 and it may interest a different clientele than those currently attending.

52 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Also, 4000 spectators at 26 quid is over 100,000 of income which could get us two players for a season.

Can we not do kids for a quid without an adult? Or does an adult need to be present?

i'm thinking kids along the ages of 13 - 16 would go a long with there mates for something to do...and we might actually retain some of them in future years. Plus an extra few hundred to a thousand on gate might add to the atmosphere, the flags don't really make much noise

3 hours ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Things take time and people, not necessarily you, need to be realistic. The increase in crowd sizes we all desire is not going to happen in a short time period. Plus there are a wide variety of factors for people not returning to games such as inflation, personal circumstances and more. It doesnt necessarily fall down to football performances and form, although they will be a factor. 

I think the club have been doing a great effort to increase the crowd size. The club has a much more proactive social media presence than under MJ for one. 

Patient and perservence is required by the fans, if we can maintain this form and keep SC the crowd sizes will increase more over time.