Mulumbu on Bordeaux and the win

kfc_superteam

Says a lot about the guys as a person and professional, how many players in his position of a deal falling through last minute would have chucked the toys out the pram and the head go down.

He'll leave to a bigger & better club in the summer with everyone's blessing, lets just hope its with the Scottish cup above his head and a top 6 place secured....

On 04/02/2018 at 10:42 AM, KillieBison said:

Shame we are all resigned to losing him in the summer. I'd hope the club are at least trying to put an offer on the table? 

Make him king of Kilmarnock, grass pitch next season, Europe league football after winning the Scottish cup.... whatever he wants!

Why don't we all stick a pound in a bucket at every home game that should raise roughly £7000 a month to keep help keep him. 

Mulumbu is a cut above the standard that we normally see in Scottish football. Maybe if every club in the SPFL Premiership had a player like him the standard would rise and Scottish clubs wouldn't fall at the first hurdle in Europe every year, but they don't and Mulumbu will probably play at a higher level after the summer. Our only hope is that offers for him don't materialise and he decides to stay for another season. That seems unlikely given the TV coverage of his displays against Sevco and Celtic.

5 hours ago, Dan1el said:

Says a lot about the guys as a person and professional, how many players in his position of a deal falling through last minute would have chucked the toys out the pram and the head go down.

He'll leave to a bigger & better club in the summer with everyone's blessing, lets just hope its with the Scottish cup above his head and a top 6 place secured....

Maybe bigger but never ever better.....

The most pleasing thing to me about all this is the fact that we called it off because it was taking too long would suggest that we had a replacement lined up & wanted to get them in if we sold him but we worried that we wouldn't be able to get them in in time.

In the old days we would have been quite happy to punt him & bank the cash.

Seems a humble guy who appreciates his morales over his bank account.

Bordeaux would be a fantastic opportunity for him given he'd been without a club for so long yet I think he genuinely enjoys playing here and working with Clarke.

Great guy and a cracking player.

20 hours ago, Dan1el said:

A thousand times this.  To have put in the kind of performance he did only three days after being denied the kind of move he's come to Kilmarnock to try and prompt, is an enormous testament to his character.

I know they're at very different stages in their respective careers, and are most probably different characters as well - but contrast that kind of attitude with that shown by Moussa Dembele since he's been touted for a big move over the course of the last twelve months.  He looks disinterested, I feel he looks as though he's put weight on, there are question marks over the quality of his rehabilitation and recovery time from injury, the list goes on. 

There aren't many guys out there like Mulumbu, and like almost everyone else in the support I'm just so absolutely delighted that he ever came here.