The best ever?

Killieboykfc

Mulumbu and Eremenko are very good players, so were Tommy McLean, Frank Beattie, Pat Nevin, Ian Durrant, and Andy McLaren. Although he does some very daft things at times Jordan Jones is a very talented player too. Let's just enjoy Mulumbu while we have him and hope Tshibola can be as successful.

There were other names I could have added like David Fernandez.

Edited by Wrangodog

38 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Mulumbu and Eremenko are very good players, so were Tommy McLean, Frank Beattie, Pat Nevin, Ian Durrant, and Andy McLaren. Although he does some very daft things at times Jordan Jones is a very talented player too. Let's just enjoy Mulumbu while we have him and hope Tshibola can be as successful.

There were other names I could have added like David Fernandez.

Would add Tommy Burns to that list.

Mulumbu is possibly the best all round player we’ve had in my lifetime. Eremenko was that special talent and for me arguably the best we’ve ever had. He was a player you actually wanted to go and watch play football on a Saturday afternoon. Capable of real magic with a football and brought out the best in those around him. He was the best player in the division by a country mile in his first season. Even when he came back overweight and unfit he still strolled through plenty of games. 

We have to be very pleased that we are actually able to have this debate about arguably two of the best players to have played for us. As has been said they both have different strengths eremenko probably the best technically gifted passer we have had (although he would have been proud of mulumbus pass to JJ yesterday) and mulumbus tackling  and ability to shield and win the ball let's just savour the memories of eremenko and appreciate mulumbu when he is with us just great to be a Killie fan these days!!

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Durrant, Eremenko, Mulumbu, Burns and for a few months Eric Skora were simply epic.

Durrant made a mockery of the zombies attitude to his fitness and was the best player in the country for a couple of years.  He won more caps with us then them and this with one knee.

Not true re. caps. 11 with Rangers, 8 with Killie. 

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football/scotland/ian-durrant-7145/international-football-caps-for-scotland_a11367/

I loved everything about Eremenko the guy oozed class. Mr End Product . The way he would shimmy and look like he’s giving it to right back then turn and find left winger behind full back . The first time I thought wow was the game vs St Mirren where he got winner where ten yards in his own half he swivelled and hit a 60yards ping a foot off the ground inside st mirrens left back to Jamie Hamill . Scotland could only dream of having a player with that natural ability to play passes  .

I think all round Mulumbu is close to the best. Eremenko had the vision and the touch but couldn't run or tackle. He was glorious but had more obvious deficiencies in his game. I loved Nevin, Cocard was a very talented guy too. Skora had a lot going for him and could have been an all time great. But the only guy that comes close to Mulumbu in terms of all round play is Durrant. Naismith, Dindeleux, Bryson, Gary Holt and Kris Boyd are standouts too but not quite at the same level as Mulumbu. Sadly I just missed Tommy Burns as a player so can't comment on him or before that. 

I feel we have a brilliant chance to make the top 6 and Scottish cup final this year. If we do both with Mulumbu leading the charge as he has been, I think he'll go down as the best I've seen.

He's a brilliant footballer who, outwith the super elite clubs, would benefit most squads. Think he's got every chance of being at a good EPL club next year if the move to France doesn't resurface.