How do we boost the crowd for the Hibs game ?

Wrangodog

12 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I'm only going by my own situation, my dad moved to the town 30 years ago having supported rangers as a boy. He started going to killie games with my neighbour which then led to me going. My neighbour himself lived in glasgow moved to killie and began supporting us aswell.

You're forgetting that new builds are almost all young families, those kids go to a kilmarnock school where there are visits from the killie players and young killie fans, etc. The influence is there why not add to that by showing them the young kilmarnock or kickers groups etc.

Also know folk who are old firm fans but are raising their kids as fans of local teams to get away from the bile of the twisted sisters.

The main point is it costs the club nothing (apart from maybe leaflets) and if it brings in a small number then it was worth it.  

Spot on.......no harm in trying it. Nothing ventured and all that.

On 4 February 2018 at 1:09 PM, Wrangodog said:

Positive suggestions welcome ( McLean07 don't bother)

Another game with an early tv kick-off which could affect attendance. We have a manager to be proud of and players who are giving their all for him so how do we get more fans back into RP ?  We no longer have vouchers with our season tickets but maybe we could organise something with the KFCSA to bring a friend or anybody to this game.

Pay everyone £20, free pie and Bovril and offer to pay a deposit for a house :) 

Reduce price to £15 for adults, Hibs will also bring a decent crowd so overall we could be up on normal walk-up income.

im a ST holder and I’ve no problem with the cost of my ticket being under valued by reduced admission for the rest of the season. It’s more important now to get fans back while things are on a high and potentially generate more ST income for next season.

Main advantage of the ST will be guaranteeing my cup final ticket this season. :) 

Edited by shug

12 minutes ago, Caldow said:

.....and attract approx 0 extra punters.

Spot on. Price reduction isn't going to attract enough extra folk to make up the difference. 

Multi match tickets or half seasons, the club are trying to get more in. We need to get to grips with the fact it's going to take a lot of time to get the majority of lapsed punters back. 

I'm all for free tickets for primary school kids or kids football teams though 

Edited by All the Wine

Please stop suggesting price reductions. We would need thousands extra to cover the losses.

The pricepoint is absolutely fine for a top flight Scottish game. The game could be free and you still wouldn't get the uplift required over night.

This is a gradual process built on success on the park and a product worth watching. Gradually over time we will get the uplift... Rome wasn't build in one day.

I appreciate folk have said we tried free school tickets before and it didn't work... that doesn't mean it couldn't. It needs tweaking. Either another campaign or through PTA. 

Whats to stop the club getting stewards in to help with this if parents can't manage (which I refuse to believe).

Cup run, top six football and a good transfer window will see attendances jump again. We need to build year on year rather than look for overnight solutions. 

I did like the idea with the housing associations offering tickets for home owners... also engaging the council to offer attractive savings for season ticket holders would be good.