Loan players

piffer

Was talking to Scott Robertson on Saturday who plays for Stranraer, said he has been pretty impressed with Hawkshaw since he came in.

Felt he was good on the ball and may be in for some game time, but they already have two settled players in that position.

Seems he may have to be a wee bit patient.

On 05/02/2018 at 3:06 PM, BR1869 said:

Was talking to Scott Robertson on Saturday who plays for Stranraer, said he has been pretty impressed with Hawkshaw since he came in.

Felt he was good on the ball and may be in for some game time, but they already have two settled players in that position.

Seems he may have to be a wee bit patient.

Scott's nephew plays for my boys club,he's a decent wee player too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any idea how the boys are doing.

i see Thomas and Higgins both got starts at the weekend. Hawkshaw got the last half hour or so for Stranraer. From what I can see Waters has played four games for Sligo. 

Cant really find much info on how well anyone is playing etc.

10 hours ago, MJout said:

Good stuff. I still think this boy has the makings of a cracking player.

I was at the game, if Higgins has any chance of getting into our team now he has to be head and shoulders above his Airdrie team mates and that unfortunately just wasn't the case. A good prospect with a decent career ahead of him but I can't see him making much of an impact as Killie build.

Well taken goal when the ball dropped to him from a corner which wasn't cleared. Half-volleyed in. 

3 hours ago, Jamsie said:

I was at the game, if Higgins has any chance of getting into our team now he has to be head and shoulders above his Airdrie team mates and that unfortunately just wasn't the case. A good prospect with a decent career ahead of him but I can't see him making much of an impact as Killie build.

Well taken goal when the ball dropped to him from a corner which wasn't cleared. Half-volleyed in. 

Time will tell. He is still young. Comfortable on ball with a cracking shot.

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I've only seen Higgins a couple of times but he was absolutely brutal. Hopefully a blip and he improves greatly but there was nothing about him suggested he was going to be good.

Some people said that about broadfoot. All about opinions.

Was at the Arbroath v Stranraer game today. Last of the Scottish League grounds which my wife hadn't visited. Dean Hawkshaw on the bench. Came on with about 20 minutes to go. Looked to me like he was lacking in confidence. Got to wonder what he is getting out of this loan spell if he is not going to get a game. 

Wonder why Stranraer are taking a player on loan if they aren't going to play him. Stranraer were awful in the 1st half. 

Edited by Garnkirk20

19 hours ago, Garnkirk20 said:

Was at the Arbroath v Stranraer game today. Last of the Scottish League grounds which my wife hadn't visited. Dean Hawkshaw on the bench. Came on with about 20 minutes to go. Looked to me like he was lacking in confidence. Got to wonder what he is getting out of this loan spell if he is not going to get a game. 

Wonder why Stranraer are taking a player on loan if they aren't going to play him. Stranraer were awful in the 1st half. 

It's a real shame for him as I think there was the potential to ve a good first team player in there somewhere.