Steve Clarke as Scotland manager...

TheeOhSee

5 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Mixu had been in charge for 34 games, double the amount Steve has been boss for.

Malky McKay would be a safe pair of hands for Scotland (even in Peru) till the real deal kicks off next season.

The SFA could spend the next month getting a new CEO - the last one clearly got the chop for not bringing O'Neil.

This could drag on and on and on - somewhat unfortunately! 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nobody forces you to sing anything. 

I don't. I was using the universal we. 

I just think we've done him a disservice by coming up with such an awful chant. 

"He says what he wants" was terrific, and reflective of the intelligence and humour of the Killie support. Even Allan Johnston had a better song. 

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Malky McKay would be a safe pair of hands for Scotland (even in Peru) till the real deal kicks off next season.

The SFA could spend the next month getting a new CEO - the last one clearly got the chop for not bringing O'Neil.

Not for black, gay or Asian players though. It's hard to see how the figurehead for football in Scotland in 2018 could be someone who has expressed these views. 

Who knows what further ammunition Vincent Tan has left up his sleeve? 

6 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

list of 8 names interest the SFA according to Radio Scotland there.

1. Walter Smith
  2. Scott Gemmill
  3. Malky McKay
  4. Ally McCoist
  5. Neil Lennon
  6. Steve Clarke
  7. Gary Caldwell
  8. Alex McLeish

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Remind me - why's McInnes not on the list?

Klinsmann is the standout candidate, can't understand why he's never mentioned. His English is impeccable (unlike Berti's) and he has a great international record. I know he's employed ATM but so is Michael O'Neill. 

If Sally gets it we should just move to Murrayfield..and sit on the balls til they're egg-shaped. Still want him before Clarke though!!! 

48 minutes ago, Jamsie said:

Klinsmann is the standout candidate, can't understand why he's never mentioned. His English is impeccable (unlike Berti's) and he has a great international record. I know he's employed ATM but so is Michael O'Neill. 

If Sally gets it we should just move to Murrayfield..and sit on the balls til they're egg-shaped. Still want him before Clarke though!!! 

Klinsmann is a great shout

6 hours ago, RAG said:

Putting McKay in charge for the next two games would be the sensible thing to do - they are meaningless games and who knows what other managers might become available in the next few months. Also, despite his baggage McKay was a half decent manager who actually wants the job. He might do ok. 

However, this is the SFA and they are more concerned with appearances so that will be the main motivation for their decision.  

Beyond believe that McCoist is on the list. It does look like someone at the SFA quickly drew that list up on the back of a fag packet so they could prove they did actually have one. They must have been delighted that Gemmill and Caldwell put their names forward to pad it out a bit. 

If they are adding Walter Smith they might as well add Alex Ferguson, Jim McLean and Craig Brown and any other retired guys who have been out of the game for years and have absolutely no intention of taking another job.  

Edited by historyman

6 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Mcinnes

His team crumbles at every big game. Couldn't win a league where captain Ronny was leading Celtic and there was no Rangers.

I've a few Dons fans in my work that are season ticket holders and they think he's actually holding them back and said large portions of support don't want him anymore due to these big game scuddings.

I don't think McInnes will be successful anywhere outside Aberdeen if I'm honest. Lennon for me is the stand out but it will never ever happen sadly as we will pander to the 5% of rangers fans who attend and support Scotland. 

52 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

His team crumbles at every big game. Couldn't win a league where captain Ronny was leading Celtic and there was no Rangers.

I've a few Dons fans in my work that are season ticket holders and they think he's actually holding them back and said large portions of support don't want him anymore due to these big game scuddings.

I don't think McInnes will be successful anywhere outside Aberdeen if I'm honest. Lennon for me is the stand out but it will never ever happen sadly as we will pander to the 5% of rangers fans who attend and support Scotland. 

Blows my mind. He's been their best manager in freakin' ages. They'll not get anyone better ever again, likely.

Still bleating on about how they're a big team and genuine contenders for the title. They aren't. Wasn't that long ago they got unbelievably horsed by Celtic 9-0. They need to understand that all they are currently is best of the rest. And that's all they ever will be.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Keith Jackson will explode if Smith gets it.

Wet dream material for that clown.

I enjoyed the games under him but I was going with all my mates back then and was pretty much pished all the time. Hes not out gaffer so he'll dae. 

In all seriousness if he has to be Scottish I think he is the ideal candidate for the part time jobby!

8 hours ago, Jamsie said:

I don't think Klinsmann is in a job at the moment?

The Scotland manager vacancy has "Walter Smith" stamped all over it in bold lettering.

Credibility & competence without any compensation. It's a no-brainer, if he wants it.

When it comes to a "replacement" for Stewy Raygun I think the SFA could do a lot worse than just learn to live without one. He has done SFA for the image of Scottish football in Scotland or internationally and I can't think of anyone who would take the job who would be any better.  

1 hour ago, Fankle said:

I don't think Klinsmann is in a job at the moment?

Even better. Sure I heard somewhere he had a (non-management) role in Germany somewhere but not according to Wikipedia. I'm sure the SFA could find out.

Would do no harm to contact him and see if he'd be interested.