Steve Clarke as Scotland manager...

TheeOhSee

22 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

"The SFA haven't been in touch with me. I'll just continue doing my work here at Kilmarnock, I'm happy here, the players are doing fantastic for me and I have a great rapport with the supporters and long may it continue."

He seemed a little uneasy answering that question. 

The SFA have manufactured one almighty cock up here and as has been said they may be regretting binning Gordon Strachan .   What followed  with Michael O'Neil and Walter Smith will have made most of the other names being mentioned including Steve Clarke feel very much third or fourth choice and probably the only two who would take it without this being a consideration would be Alex McLeish or the SFAs  performance director and hopefully this will mean we can move forward with our man in charge for a good few seasons!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2227343/alex-mcleish-sfa-scotland-job-talks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

'McLeish is NOT the only boss being considered with Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke high on the list of possibilities.

The Rugby Park gaffer refused to rule himself out last week and it’s understood a tentative enquiry as to his availability has also been made.'

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2227343/alex-mcleish-sfa-scotland-job-talks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

'McLeish is NOT the only boss being considered with Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke high on the list of possibilities.

The Rugby Park gaffer refused to rule himself out last week and it’s understood a tentative enquiry as to his availability has also been made.'

RuMmvf5.jpg

Steve Clarke will, understandably, view his business at Kilmarnock as a 'showcase' for a later move back to England (or, spit, a move to the Old Firm when their managerial merry go round creaks again!).

Taking charge of our International Embarrassment would, inevitably, be seen as negative on his CV....

Can't see it happening. 

On 05/02/2018 at 12:56 PM, Bullitt said:

Thought the same thing today. Then I remembered they are a basketcase club who sack managers right left and centre. His quote when he came to Killie was something along the lines of "in England you are always only six matches away from the sack". For that reason I think he will be very very careful on his next career moves.

Spoke about loyalty in his first interview here ,and how he got none at WBA, cannot see him leaving us after seventeen games to go and be third or fourth choice for those SFA muppets 

On 11 February 2018 at 7:27 PM, Bbk said:

The SFA have manufactured one almighty cock up here and as has been said they may be regretting binning Gordon Strachan .   What followed  with Michael O'Neil and Walter Smith will have made most of the other names being mentioned including Steve Clarke feel very much third or fourth choice and probably the only two who would take it without this being a consideration would be Alex McLeish or the SFAs  performance director and hopefully this will mean we can move forward with our man in charge for a good few seasons!

Agree and hope you're correct. However, if SC isn't put in place as the Scotland manager then the clamour for him to get the Rangers job will start again at the end of the season. I'd imagine that any future movement in the Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Celtic managers' jobs will also ignite a media wave of: "Killie fans won't like it, but surely Steve Clarke it the obvious choice." 

Actually surprised Tom English hasn't asked for SC to replace the Brexit chief negotiator.

I'm getting increasingly furious about this Steve Clarke to Scotland s**t.  If this happens, and the SFA see fit to steal the manager of and destabilise a resurgent club after only half a season when there are other options available, is the end of them pretending that part of their remit is to promote the interests of football in this country..

As mentioned before SC has frequently mentioned the word "loyalty". Hopefully he is a man of his word and continues the brilliant work he is doing at the club. But as candygram for mungo has already said  with Tom English and his media pals making it their mission to get SC in the Hampden hot seat it's hard for us Killie fans to take. Personally I think he will stay and finish what he has started, then after we do a Leicester city he can leave with our blessings, well after all you can't turn down Barcelona.

Edited by Barneyboy
Spelling and content