Mulumbu

Chris

Kilmarnock are in talks with 31-year-old DR Congo midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu, who came close to signing for Bordeaux in January, about a contract extension. (Daily Mail, print edition)

I thought he already had a contract until the end of the season and I cant see us keeping him any longer.

As Souleycouley93 says, I suppose if signs a contract extension it gives him security and means KFC can get some dosh when he goes.

48 minutes ago, Rml said:

Very much doubt SC is on 8k a week...half that I reckon would be much closer.

I don't even think he'd be on half that figure. I don't think money was a motivating factor in any shape or form in this one.

He might be on marginally more than jig but forget thinking he's on 400k or even 200k a year.

Simply pie in the sky stuff.

1 hour ago, ross1987 said:

Still need to comply with FFP do we not? And can only spend a % of our turnover on wages, does that apply to management as well as players?

My impression was that it only applies to teams playing in European competitions or this who qualify to do so, also that you are allowed to make a loss each year, just not excessively, which probably means losses which would far exceed that of our own. 

The premier league and football league have set their own standards which I think are more stringent than that of uefa’s.

Edited by Bobby14

10 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

In general a well run business spends around 10% of turnover on wages. In the EPL its 70%.

Fitba is doomed ah tell ye!

Football isn't like another business though. For example pubs might have 20% wages to turnover ratio but their cost of stock etc is massive in comparison to football clubs. For football clubs wages are the biggest outgoing, for shops it's stock.

You can't compare the two.

60% wages to turnover for a football club is healthy.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Football isn't like another business though. For example pubs might have 20% wages to turnover ratio but their cost of stock etc is massive in comparison to football clubs. For football clubs wages are the biggest outgoing, for shops it's stock.

You can't compare the two.

60% wages to turnover for a football club is healthy.

Correct