Fat Ally

Trojan76

A lot of blame getting heaped on McCoist for stuff that weren't his decision to make or for not wanting to keep playing for as long as someone was willing to pay. I remember the buzz around the place when we signed him and Durrant, and I can't think of another time Killie were getting semi-regular namechecks on primetime TV. On the pitch, he scored a few, missed a few. Shrug. I mind when I first started going, we had big George McCluskey up top, and Ally played a similar role (though in my mind, GM was a class apart) - the old head up top, legs gone but brain still ticking over.

Ally didn't do enough to earn legend status, unlike the real Super Ally, but it's sad to seem he's getting pariah status thrust upon him from some. For missing a penalty? Signing a contract offered to him, presumably, under the free will of the board? For being a, quote-unquote, hun?

There's not enough time for me to spend it hating on ex-Killie players. I might not be a big fan of a few but they all, more or less, served the stripes as best they could while they were here.

1 hour ago, kevin1869 said:

A lot of blame getting heaped on McCoist for stuff that weren't his decision to make or for not wanting to keep playing for as long as someone was willing to pay. I remember the buzz around the place when we signed him and Durrant, and I can't think of another time Killie were getting semi-regular namechecks on primetime TV. On the pitch, he scored a few, missed a few. Shrug. I mind when I first started going, we had big George McCluskey up top, and Ally played a similar role (though in my mind, GM was a class apart) - the old head up top, legs gone but brain still ticking over.

Ally didn't do enough to earn legend status, unlike the real Super Ally, but it's sad to seem he's getting pariah status thrust upon him from some. For missing a penalty? Signing a contract offered to him, presumably, under the free will of the board? For being a, quote-unquote, hun?

There's not enough time for me to spend it hating on ex-Killie players. I might not be a big fan of a few but they all, more or less, served the stripes as best they could while they were here.

Some folk on here are obsessed with Rangers. I'd tend to agree with you that a lot he's getting slated for wasn't even stuff he can take all of the blame for, or a penalty miss no one can prove was deliberate 

3 hours ago, taylor.howie93 said:

Say what you like about mccoist but the reason I'm a killie fan is because of this man, my dad was a rangers fan (living in killie) so started taking me along. Rest is history 

Got to agree with this I was a young lad going to RP watching him and thought he was class..