Let’s be having you

Stefanus

40 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Germany has nearly 16 times the population of Scotland. The comparison is a non-starter. 

Compare it to the English Premiership then. Barring some scenarios (teams like Huddersfield who are newly promoted, and the North London derby this weekend), there are plenty of empty seats at English games.

If we had competent people running the game, they would bring in enough money from TV and sponsorship to allow clubs to bring ticket prices down and fill the stands.

14 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think we should have returned to around 5000 home fans relatively quickly. 

I think we are doing that though. Given the tenures of our last four managers, it was always going to take longer than three months to bring the numbers up from 3000 to 5000. We're halfway there, but remember that despite our phenomenal form since Clarke took over, we're hovering around sixth. It's difficult to get bums on seats to fight for sixth.

I would go as far to say as the Cup should be our target for this season. A run to the final, followed by some freedom in the summer for the manager to improve the squad could carry us into next season on a high.

On the subject of TV, the SFA need to shoulder all the blame here. 

There is only a handful of matches screened on TV that attract bigger audiences than the Old firm:

Man United - Liverpool

Man United - Man City (only recently)

Real - Barcelona

When each English game is worth roughly £20m, then why is the Scottish league with four Rangers Celtic matches not worth considerably More?

If Swansea vs West Ham is worth as much as £20m then the minimum the Scottish League should be going for is £200m per season. The fact that the SFA can't negotiate that is beyond me. 

Amazon would probably pay that for the Old firm matches... time to get creative. More money equals better players and product. It's not rocket science. 

17 hours ago, Bullitt said:

On the subject of TV, the SFA need to shoulder all the blame here. 

There is only a handful of matches screened on TV that attract bigger audiences than the Old firm:

Man United - Liverpool

Man United - Man City (only recently)

Real - Barcelona

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fans-snub-rangers-vs-celtic-11275432.amp

21 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Compare it to the English Premiership then. Barring some scenarios (teams like Huddersfield who are newly promoted, and the North London derby this weekend), there are plenty of empty seats at English games.

If we had competent people running the game, they would bring in enough money from TV and sponsorship to allow clubs to bring ticket prices down and fill the stands.

If it’s that easy, why have English clubs not brought prices down in order to fill the stands? I wouldn’t necessarily agree that there are plenty of empty seats at English matches, but again, England has 10 times the population of Scotland.  

I think we do ok as a whole in Scottish football, but as a club we have lost a large number of fans. Probably 80% of the footballing population support either Rangers or Celtic, leaving 20% split between 40 other senior clubs, 5 of which are from cities. 

13 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'd imagine so, but when you look at the figures for the other matches, you would expect the OF to be on top vs some of the other games.

That's what the scottish media want you to think but in reality nobody outside of scotland really gives a crap. 

Back to killie and i really hope that a big turnout on Tuesday. Clarke and players deserve our support. Season ticket holders at least get to the game if you can.

5 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Free internet streaming must play a big part in it. 

It was also shown in the worst possible slot for tv viewers - 12pm kick off on a Saturday. The s**tey Forest Green v Swindon game did substantially better but had a Friday night slot. That’s a better time slot our SPFL leaders should be looking to make the norm for tv fixtures in the next deal they cave in to/negotiate!

On 11/02/2018 at 12:42 PM, Scooby_Doo said:

Without wishing to defend the incompetent shower who run our national game a comparison with the richest league in the world is not a good one. It's one of the most successful marketing campaigns in sport that has made the EPL the most successful league in the world. We don't have the population, the product or the marketing and commercial nous to get people from other countries interested in our game. Even great clubs with history like Ajax, Anderlecht and Benfica are just feeder clubs these days for the big leagues and are there to make up the numbers in the champions league.