Scottish Cup Draw 11-2-18 Aberdeen away

killienice

2 minutes ago, Bbk said:

.....maybe Aberdeen won't be looking forward to drawing us as its as hard a game for them also!

I hope they are looking forward to it and are complacent.

Clarke should feed into that. They have a big conceit of themselves at the best of times but they aren't all that.

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Anyone know the best way to buy train tickets? Fancy it for a change but quoted £96 return for adult/child..............surely there's cheaper ways to get tickets??

Problem is at the moment we don't know what time or day it's going to be on.

Are Scotrail still doing their two adults pay, two children go free. Get together with somebody else who has a kid.

As a lot of people have said this is probably the 1 draw i definitely didn't want! however, i don't think we were too far away in the game a couple of weeks ago and they did score 1 absolute belter of a goal to go 2-1 up. I think we've got a chance and again, we have to beat these teams some time if we want to win the trophy

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Anyone know the best way to buy train tickets? Fancy it for a change but quoted £96 return for adult/child..............surely there's cheaper ways to get tickets??

Depends on your age, if 50 plus you can get for £17 return, younger then you are looking at Friends fare, four people for £48, but these are limited and from Glasgow to Aberdeen so you need a ticket from Killie

Not ideal , they seem to have the Indian sign over us but I think we are due something . They are just about the best of the rest after Celtic ( who we just outplayed) but they are still bang on average. Celtic and Rangers beat them time after time and we’ve shown that we can now properly compete . 

Let them be massive favourites , allow them to think we’ve no chance and then play like we know we can . We weren’t far away in the 3-1 , a better 15 minute spell and it was up in the air . They might possibly be the the third best team in Scotland but they are still shoot . 

54 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

Good away day out watching Steve Clarke's blue army even if it all goes Pete Tong.

:hurrah:

Got a good feeling about this one.  BRING IT ON !!

ps I hope they can do something about the state of their pitch before we arrive. Looked terrible on tv today. We could maybe lend them one. ha ha.

Edited by angus
Just had a thought

I know it isn't fixed... but why do the Old firm always manage to avoid each other until the semi finals? 

Home to Falkirk and Greenock are the two sides we would have all been happy with.

Having said that, we are going against the Dons as underdogs with nothing to lose... I wouldn't write us off going up There!

I think the tie is winnable but fear it is going to be an early kick-off for tv which would cut down our support. Hopefully not the Sunday since there is engineering work on the railway and a replacement bus service between Kilwinning and Paisley. A draw wouldn't be bad with a midweek replay under the lights at RP. Although we lost the last replay with Sevco it was still a decent home support and a good atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I know it isn't fixed... but why do the Old firm always manage to avoid each other until the semi finals? 

Home to Falkirk and Greenock are the two sides we would have all been happy with.

Having said that, we are going against the Dons as underdogs with nothing to lose... I wouldn't write us off going up There!

Just a quick 2 minute calculation...  

OF vs LL : (R v L1, C v L2), (R v L1, L2 v C), (L1 v R, L2 v C), (L1 v R, C v L2) : This is the possible home and away draws for the OF against Lower league teams, but we also have to reverse L1 and L2 (so add (R v L2, C v L1), ...) etc. and this doubles the count, and if we reverse Celtic and Rangers (so Celtic are drawn first), this doubles it again, so 16 OF vs LL pairs could come out of the hat.

These pairs can be drawn in six different ways - (Game 1, Game 2), (1, 3), etc. - and there are 4 other teams that we don't care about, with 4! possible draws between them in the remaining spots. And there are 8! possible draws in total (Pick one from 8 teams in the hat at first, then one from 7, 6...). So that's (16 * 6 * 4!)/8! = 0.057, so about a 5.7% chance. If you want to just count the OF both getting home draws, that's only one of our original four pairs, so you can factor this probability by 1/4, and that's about a 1.4% chance. Lucky them.

Not disappointed with our draw. Rangers have repeatedly bodied this Aberdeen team who we're going to beat eventually. Bring it on.

I'm disappointed with the rest of the draw certainly, really can't see anyone beating Celtic at Hampden. I felt this was the round when someone would need to take care of them, and I can't see Morton doing it again.