Dundee match thread

skygod

Fantastic effort from all the players and great support from the fans as well if anybody was questioning the decision to give boydie a new contract then tonights performance once again shows why we are lucky to have him playing for us. He constantly gave the worst referee we have seen in many a day a proper earful at every opportunity like a true captain should and what about the performances from the two other forum easy targets Rory and Jamie Mac brilliant display you lads made them eat their words . And what a goal from young Ian Wilson well done young man and oh Steve Clarke you are already a legend!!!KTID..

Wow wit a feckin game. Absolute respect to every player tonight expecially after losing dicker. Boys showed true spirit and a will to win.. Best game at rp this season imo. Me and the wee man were going tonto when that winner went in. Mention to big boyd who I thought was excellent and what a finish.. Yaaass 

That was a brilliant game and a fantastic performance from a team who felt maligned by a totally incompetent refereeing performance. I think Walsh's incompetence totally galvanised both the team and the support, and from that they upped their game.  

Erwin was absolutely brilliant; his link play for the 2nd goal was fabulous.  Tshibola, Rory, Broadfoot and O'Donnell put in fantastic shifts in the last 30 minutes and Taylor who was absolutely knackered at the end kept going. The fans were great all night too and I think they lifted the team to another level. 

Great times to be a Killie fan at present and already looking forward to Saturday.

451ed39a-2d63-464e-a207-1617539a84b8.jpg

What a buzz! What a time to be a Killie!

Started well and got off to a flier with Brophy's goal. Assume the boy Parish in nets is new as I've never heard of him but he looked gash. Should have done better with probably all three, albeit I think Boyd's was some finish. It's hard to see how he's been beat from where Brophy's hit it.

After that we gradually fell more and more out of the match, sitting back off Dundee too much and not squeezing them enough. An equaliser was probably deserved, but for it to come in that manner was sickening. BBC updates saying the highlights will be up later tonight - I'll be keen to see those to see the penalty decision again. To me it looked like Macdonald saved, the ball's hit the ground, bounced up and touched Dicker on the arm. From my view of it, there's no way it could have been either deliberate or arm in an unnatural position. Maybe I'll have to eat my words later.

The first 15 minutes of the second half just went from bad to worse. The injury to Brophy was a blow, they get their second with a good header from Caulker - although the ref missed a hand ball in the lead up that by his own standards, he should have given - and Dicker then sees the red mist and gets sent off. Definite yellow the second one, but when you consider his first booking was for that soft penalty (dissent after the decision I think?) it seems harsh.

What changed the game for me was the introduction of Erwin - which is funny when you consider it was enforced rather than tactical genius from the Messiah, Steve Clarke. The big man, who I am by no means a fan of, has come on and held up everything, showing sublime first touch, bringing folk into the game, playing some lovely passes. He's set up Boyd beautifully for the equaliser - cracking finish from the legend that is Boomer - and I'm pretty sure won the ball back for the third? Must be first time I remember a sub coming on and winning Man Of The Match. Fantastic from Lee.

As for Iain Wilson, don't think I've ever seen him run at defenders and dribble before, but for him to score his first goal by going a mazy from the half way line, unreal. It looked like he got a nosebleed the further he got and I thought he was going to get the ball stuck at his feet, then he just calmly produces a lovely curling finish on his weak foot.

Absolute scenes when that went in. Jamie Macdonald going tonto too! Shoutout to the goalie for a great save late on.

I f**king love Steve Clarke.

I have seen some games in my time but that was some game. Could not believe it. Ref was on the verge of blatant biase. Clearly the abuse he got from the crowd just spurred him on to be even worse. 

But I think that spurred us on. We were fantastic. Clarke baffled McCann by playing 2 at the back. Sod phenomenon as was Boyd, Erwin, Findlay, Wilson, Taylor, Tshibola, Broadfoot And Mcdonald. 

McCann your boys took one helluva beating! 

1 minute ago, DrewWylie said:

I'm sure it's the happiest I've ever seen boydie after he's scored --- we were not at our best for an hour thought the ref was a clown but the bottle we had was totally brilliant ---well done also to the fans in attendance -- never gave up , just like the players 

Spot on, a real 12th (or 11th) man tonight, just need us all to start biting the ear of everyone we know. That was pure entertainment with an attitude and a manager that we can only dream of keeping. Let's all make sure we're shouting loud in every pub/club/"social media" we can and get the stadium buzzing! 

If Wilson was as good as the radio pundits, Clarke and posters are saying, it’s amazing as he had only  played 60 - 70 mins U20 football since being out for months. 

Clarke seems to have quickly realised his potential. 

Predictably, they were going overboard on Clarke for Scotland on the radio. I don’t know him or how he thinks but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s thinking, “Let’s see how far we can take this.”

If you think that he's still working with other managers’ players, he’s hardly scratched the surface. 

But a bigger response from the public is still elusive and must frustrate him. We have lost about 1,000 from the Hibs match. Six home wins on the spin and knocking over Celtic didn’t tempt many extra from the warmth and Champions League. 

I feel that Clarke will instinctively want to see the project through but  I worry about that he lack of response to his phenomenal work. 

The clamour for CfS is getting deafening...

• CB unpinned this topic

Boydy was class. Telling the Ref to calm down and keep his cards in his pocket was genius - looked like we could have lost another player.

Great finish to a well worked goal, with huge credit to Erwin in the build up. Has the penny dropped for big Lee that this could be his last chance to do something in the game? Someone is coaching a massive improvement in attitude into the big man.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

If Wilson was as good as the radio pundits, Clarke and posters are saying, it’s amazing as he had only  played 60 - 70 mins U20 football since being out for months. 

Clarke seems to have quickly realised his potential. 

He really was that good. He was unlucky to get booked just after he came on. He clearly got the ball onto Taylor before Murray tripped over him rather than him tripping Murray. He was a colossus inmmidfield though. Protected the back four. Bullied opponents, strong in the tackle. Didn’t waste possession and found some cracking cross field passes to utilise space. 

Ive watched him for probably three or four years now through the development team and into the first team and I’ve never seen him run with the ball as much tonight he showed good skill driving us forward on a couple of occasions before he went on that outstanding run for the winner. 

Ive always thought he seemed to lack confidence even when doing well but he seemed to be oozing it tonight and the display and goal will do wonders for him. 

Unf**knbelievable! That eclipses the OF wins. Never thought I'd be saying that!

Fair play to the players, could easily have let the heads go down when went to 2-1 and Dicker getting sent off, which was a beast of a tackle, lol.

But yeah well done to the lads for not giving up. Dundee were the better team for most the game, really got at us, pressed high and we struggled with mostly long balls as our outlet.

Brophy though! That lad has so much potential. Can see him taking over from Boyd eventually.

Certainly wont forget tonight for a long time or the past few months. Someone pinch me!

11 minutes ago, piffer said:

He really was that good. He was unlucky to get booked just after he came on. He clearly got the ball onto Taylor before Murray tripped over him rather than him tripping Murray. He was a colossus inmmidfield though. Protected the back four. Bullied opponents, strong in the tackle. Didn’t waste possession and found some cracking cross field passes to utilise space. 

Ive watched him for probably three or four years now through the development team and into the first team and I’ve never seen him run with the ball as much tonight he showed good skill driving us forward on a couple of occasions before he went on that outstanding run for the winner. 

Ive always thought he seemed to lack confidence even when doing well but he seemed to be oozing it tonight and the display and goal will do wonders for him. 

Didnt help when our own fans boo'd him for keeping possession last season.

Christ knows where we pulled that from. We were pretty rotten for 45 mins or more, Findlay was getting a roasting, Scott Boyd looked lost and the midfield was non existant...then we just seemed to get annoyed, rolled our sleeves up and dragged a performance out of nothing. 

What a smashing game of football that was. Erwin was outstanding for the time he was on and Tshibola really grew into it and stepped up when Dicker went off. He seems to be starting to realise that up here you don't get half a dozen touches before you need to make a decision. When he gets a few more games under his belt I think we could he a real good one.