Dundee match thread

skygod

2 minutes ago, MJout said:

Didnt help when our own fans boo'd him for keeping possession last season.

Personally he’s the type of midfielder I want in my team. He’s athletic, good in the air, strong in the tackle, doesn’t waste possession. At times last season there was too much put on his young shoulders. IMO he can be the foundation a right good team can be built on. Steve Clarke said it tonight the lad can be whatever he wants to be. I like the kid, rate him highly and that half hour was the best I’ve seen him play. If he keeps that up and can kick on he’ll do well.

Brilliant effort from everyone never gave up we got what we deserved from the game, McCann and his team of cheats also got what they deserved. Nothing. Referee as others have said was one of, if not the worst we have ever seen and we  have seen some diddys down the years. His display was bordering on pure bias to Dundee and McCann was on the Radio moaning about his display. Anyway on to Motherwell now can't wait is it Saturday yet.

Great team performance tonight in 2nd half, fantastic scenes at RP when the 3rd goal went in. Ref had a howler, Killie down to 10 men and 2-1 down still manage to pull the result out the bag! Tshibola imo did not have a great game, he looked terrified to stick a challenge in... I know he will still be settling into the squad and the way the game is played up here so I hope he proves me wrong.

What a night, what a performance and what a result. How am I supposed to sleep tonight??? 

Incredible reaction from the players. Showed great composure, tenacity, passion, grit and skill. Steve Clarke has the whole squad motivated and confident and it’s clear to see. The way they grabbed the game by the balls despite everything that went against them (Get it up ye Mr Walsh). 

The fkn scenes at the end man. Boomer’s celebration was amazing. Let’s try to replicate the atmosphere of that last 15 minutes for as much of the 90 minutes every week. It’s up to us, let’s get every last person we can get down to Rugby Park on the 24th against Hibs. Let’s get the place rocking from the word go. 

Bring on Motherwell on Saturday, hope we can take a big crowd to this one as it’s a big big game. And as always...

You’ll Never Take The Killie. 

My two cents worth:

Referee - his hand didn't point any other way. Absolutely shambolic. 

McCann - wee prick. I actually now realise why Sawyers got a ban for abusing him. Spent entire game yapping at fourth official. 

First half - shambles and Dundee played some neat football. 

Penalty - extremely harsh. If it's a deliberate hand ball in the box it's a red card. You can't give a penalty for accidental hand ball so how can you give a penalty and book a player for hand ball?

Second half - unf**kingbelievable.

Erwin/Wilson - changed the game when they came on.

Tshibola - started slow but when we went down to 10 he oozed class, despite what everyone around me was saying.

How it ranks as a game - not since us coming from 2-0 down to Hibernian in the 90's have I enjoyed a match as much... that comeback against all odds with half a team and ten men is definitely up There alongside that match.

Tried to see that wee Dundee player who clapped his hand to his ear as he went off at us to give him a GIRFUY... he must have been hiding as he left.

Wow! Just Wow! Get everyone you know down to Rugby Park guys, if you aren't going or swaying then trust me when I say it's magic. A few more bums on seats and we will be pushing for Europe next year.

Most points have already been made but three stand out.

1) Walsh put in a display of such ineptitude tonight that the supervisor is bound to report accordingly.  If we see Walsh again in the top division in the foreseeable future, the whole overall management of our game in Scotland will confirm what we all believe -------- RUN BY AMATEURS.  I didn't see the penalty incident but I did see the numerous crazy decision making against Killie for the first 60 minutes of the game.  The poorest refereeing I've witnessed in watching the game for over 50 years.

2) Boydy is still a fantastic finisher and a huge influence on our team players. Whilst fighting our corner with Walsh tonight, he was also trying to calm things down at a time we were understandably losing the plot.  Gary Dicker's stupid tackle was pure frustration but a game changer at the end of the day. Wilson and Irwin's contribution was formidable and motivated the 10 men to fight back the only way that counts -- winning the game. Captain Boyd played a huge part.

3) Steve Clark waltzed through the whole event in his normal low key manner and his post match interview an example of pure class. We do need to reward him by maximising support in numbers and telling everyone just how exciting watching Killie is these days. The spineless bureaucracy running the Scottish game will no doubt respond to the lazy press corps calling for him to take on the National Managers job. We have to show him Killie appreciate what he is doing and get folk out to exemplify that support for him.

5 minutes ago, zinger said:

1) Walsh put in a display of such ineptitude tonight that the supervisor is bound to report accordingly.  If we see Walsh again in the top division in the foreseeable future, the whole overall management of our game in Scotland will confirm what we all believe -------- RUN BY AMATEURS.  I didn't see the penalty incident but I did see the numerous crazy decision making against Killie for the first 60 minutes of the game.  The poorest refereeing I've witnessed in watching the game for over 50 years.

He's the new blue eyed boy who the SFA have fast tracked way beyond his ability.  Has no idea how to man manage players and keep a game flowing.  FFS he is worse than Finnie in that respect and that is saying something.  

Boydie having to tell him to calm it with the cards summed up his complete lack of understanding of controlling a football match.  

His complete lack of ability sums up everything that is wrong in the refereeing world of Scottish football.  These guys are put in charge of top level games years before they should ever be considered for them. 

Ironically his incompetence helped us in the end, probably much to his disgust. 

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Penalty decision was absolutely shocking. Ref wasn't even in a position to see it in order to make a decision. Gave it just on the appeals of the Dundee players.  

Didn't think it was a penalty at the game and like you don't know how he could have seen it hit Dicker on the arm.  As Dicker said at the time it hit him on the shoulder.