Dundee match thread

skygod

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Penalty - extremely harsh. If it's a deliberate hand ball in the box it's a red card. You can't give a penalty for accidental hand ball so how can you give a penalty and book a player for hand ball?

It's a red card only if it denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.

Yellow card.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

If Wilson was as good as the radio pundits, Clarke and posters are saying, it’s amazing as he had only  played 60 - 70 mins U20 football since being out for months. 

Clarke seems to have quickly realised his potential. 

Predictably, they were going overboard on Clarke for Scotland on the radio. I don’t know him or how he thinks but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s thinking, “Let’s see how far we can take this.”

If you think that he's still working with other managers’ players, he’s hardly scratched the surface. 

But a bigger response from the public is still elusive and must frustrate him. We have lost about 1,000 from the Hibs match. Six home wins on the spin and knocking over Celtic didn’t tempt many extra from the warmth and Champions League. 

I feel that Clarke will instinctively want to see the project through but  I worry about that he lack of response to his phenomenal work. 

The clamour for CfS is getting deafening...

At least one is on our side.....

23 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Penalty should have been retaken. Count how many people are in the box when the ball is kicked.

You can discount the encroachment by Kilmarnock players. Since the kick was scored, the goal stands despite their encroachment.

There is, however, a Dundee player (No. 17?) clearly inside the "D" during the run-up.

Technically, the kick should have been retaken but it's far from the worst case of encroachment I've seen recently. Referees are very weak on it.

Unfortunately, the referee and assistant have only two pairs of eyes between them and three areas to watch - the goalkeeper, the kicker and the other players. 

12 minutes ago, skygod said:

You can discount the encroachment by Kilmarnock players. Since the kick was scored, the goal stands despite their encroachment.

There is, however, a Dundee player (No. 17?) clearly inside the "D" during the run-up.

Technically, the kick should have been retaken but it's far from the worst case of encroachment I've seen recently. Referees are very weak on it.

Unfortunately, the referee and assistant have only two pairs of eyes between them and three areas to watch - the goalkeeper, the kicker and the other players. 

I know the rules. Penalty should have been retaken.

Not been totally convinced by Ian but thought he had potential and is obviously a young lad, Scumerset was probably a big dent in his confidence followed by a bad injury. However if SC can get the best from players who were struggling before his arrival  (Power, Broadfoot, Odonnell) then he can also do wonders for Wilson who does have natural ability. Last night he repeatedly stepped on to the ball in front of the Dundee players- love to see that! 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

Lino should be watching the keeper / ball crossing line. 

Ref should be watching back into play watching any players entering box and the penalty taker.

Between then it should be easy 

6 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

anyone else even after a morning at work ---and seeing the highlights over n over again - still in a daze after witnessing that last night ?

Completely surreal. Makes being a fan worth it. After Celtic last week I wasn’t sure anything could top the OF double. Last night blew both those matches out the water.

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Completely surreal. Makes being a fan worth it. After Celtic last week I wasn’t sure anything could top the OF double. Last night blew both those matches out the water.

We were saying exactly the same last night walking out the stadium.....even when we got to the traffic lights at Portmann, there were kids walking up North Hamilton Street singing away!

What a time to be a kIllie fan.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I really like Iain Wilson, for a young guy he's incredibly smart! When playing in midfield, if broadfoot or anyone came out with the ball he just took a couple of steps back and covered them (even more noticeable last year when Dicker and Ajer were at the back. He also knows when to try a worldy pass or when to just play square. 

8 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Ref should be watching back into play watching any players entering box and the penalty taker.

Between then it should be easy 

When the kicker is at the penalty spot, the other players should be at least 10 yards from the penalty spot. Not only that, they are strung out along a line 26 yards long. Some of them could even be behind him/her.

I think that's asking a lot of his/her peripheral vision. 

Image result for referee position penalty kick