Lee Erwin

Dieter's Heeder

That was a sensational 20 minutes or so from the lad. He was also very good in the short time he was on against Celtic and could have had himself a couple of tap ins if he was played in during our counter attacks. He's bursting a gut to get himself involved and the talent we knew he had is beginning to show. Gutted Brophy picked up another injury but the way Erwin has came back since the winter break makes me think he's ready to step in.

He definitely had some good spells but still lacks that killer threat for me. That one bit of play when he went past 2 or 3 Dundee players was encouraging and great to watch. Hopefully he can capitalise going forward and get some goals. Get the impression he could be like Brophy, once starts scoring he will find a bit of form.

He almost single handedly created the chance that Boyd scored from and was a major catalyst overall in our second half resurgence. He seemed to get a lot of joy when picking the ball up in wide areas as he did back in his Motherwell days when he scored a few against us. Hope tonight gives him the added bit of confidence to really push for a place in the team.

Thought he looked better with Boyd than he has when replacing him. Boyd as the focal point gave Erwin the option to exploit what he thought were weak areas of Dundee. Pealing onto the fullback because he knew he could take him in the air. Dropping into areas behind their midfield where space opened up. He doesn’t get the chance to do that when tasked with leading the line. He really looked like the player who shone for Motherwell tonight. 

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

That was a sensational 20 minutes or so from the lad. He was also very good in the short time he was on against Celtic and could have had himself a couple of tap ins if he was played in during our counter attacks. He's bursting a gut to get himself involved and the talent we knew he had is beginning to show. Gutted Brophy picked up another injury but the way Erwin has came back since the winter break makes me think he's ready to step in.

Hope Brophy fit next game face Motherwell

He was outstanding. His hold up play, pressing and vision were sublime. I feared we would struggle when Btophy went off only to find Erwin coming on busting a gut to prpve he deserves that spot in the team. Great to see from him and hopefully he gets a start at the weekend for his efforts.

Thought he was sensational when he came on. I've noticed in recent weeks how the players coming off the bench look really hungry as they must realise they don't get straight into the team and need to work for their place and prove themselves. Erwin and Wilson both did that.

It will be harsh on Erwin if he doesn't start next week but with Jones back, he might be stuck on bench.

There's an old biddy who sits behind me in the Main Stand who has been consistently furious and disgusted with Kilmarnock, in equal measure, for more than twenty years.  My Father and I still nickname her the "Lauchlan-critic" due to her irrational and sustained hatred of erstwhile CB Jim Lauchlan - and as you might expect she's been pretty quiet of late.

I walked past her on Dundonald Road last night moaning her face off about how Lee Erwin got MoM...

Admittedly it's strange to see a player on the pitch for 40 minutes pick up the champers, but for me it's impossible to underrate his performance.  I thought he was absolutely excellent, and his work for the two goals in the second half was outstanding.  For me Gary Dicker was cruising to MoM when he was taken off, and I'd probably have given it to O'Donnell ultimately - but there's so obviously a player in there when it comes to big Erwin.  If this is what it takes to get his confidence up, he's as good as a new signing for the run-in.

The set-up for Boyd's goal in particular was absolutely first class.

I thought Erwin was the stand out option for MotM regardless of how long he was on the pitch. Completely changed the game for us, gave us a bit extra between midfield and attack that we were missing. Dropped deep, put a lot of work in to win the ball and then drove forward. Strength in the air was excellent, link up play was also superb. Did very, very well.

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Thought he was sensational when he came on. I've noticed in recent weeks how the players coming off the bench look really hungry as they must realise they don't get straight into the team and need to work for their place and prove themselves. Erwin and Wilson both did that.

It will be harsh on Erwin if he doesn't start next week but with Jones back, he might be stuck on bench.

If Brophy's injury / illness keeps him out the big man might be on for a start anyway.