Dundee Highlights

Calummoore86

Might be an unpopular opinion, but i think the penalty is a fair decision. Dicker moves his arm towards the ball in an attempt to shoulder it down but the ball hits his upper arm. Borderline, but cant really disagree with the decision.

What an assist from Erwin though, and Wilsons solo effort was just spectacular.

Edited by Calummoore86

33 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but i think the penalty is a fair decision. Dicker moves his arm towards the ball in an attempt to shoulder it down but the ball hits his upper arm. Borderline, but cant really disagree with the decision.

What an assist from Erwin though, and Wilsons solo effort was just spectacular.

It hits his f**kin shoulder. Clearly

IMO the ball just bounced up and hit Dicker on the arm, there was very little conscious behaviour. The BBC commentary team also seems somewhat surprised by the award. However you have to be really careful about that s**t as I have seen worse given in the Premireship where there is no chance the guy could have got body parts out of the way of the ball. The rule seems to be if the ball hits your arm its a penalty and its your responsibility to keep your arm out of the flight of the ball. He could have little complaint about the second yellow although the red mist may have descended following the ref's selective blindness.

Apparently the Dundee assistant manager got sent to the stand for complaining about a foul the ref never awarded Dundee in the lead up to our winner. This despite having 11 v 10 men on the pitch and at least 5 of them having the opportunity to disposes Wilson before he got his shot away. And his failure to award a foul leading to them having an extra man in the first place.

:hurrah:

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I’d have Wilson over Ohara any day of the week . 

What the hell was O’Hara doing at the third. If he makes any sort of effort he potentially puts Wilson off and at worse concedes a free kick. Instead he slows down and Wilson powers away. 

I thought at first Wilson had sclaffed the shot but the more I see it he’s tried to place it beyond the keeper. 

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

How can the SPFL and BBC find only 2:20 and 3 minutes respectively of highlights of that game?

This is what I mean when I say the media don't sell the game in this country. Baffling.

Agree with that.  The highlights do the ref a massive favour too as most of his shockers were not highlight worthy - if we had lost that game the injustice wouldn't have been clear on those.

That said though, BBC highlights are brilliant when the sound is on - even the commentators can't help but get carried away!