Ref got it right

MrTumnus

Got to disagree, watched the highlights this morning and his arm moves toward the ball, looks like it hits his arm further down than the shoulder. However, the corner that led to the penalty should never have been given, the Dundee player went right through the back of Boyd  and it should clearly have been a foul. Certainly one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen and that is saying something

1 minute ago, CardinalSpin said:

Got to disagree, watched the highlights this morning and his arm moves toward the ball, looks like it hits his arm further down than the shoulder. However, the corner that led to the penalty should never have been given, the Dundee player went right through the back of Boyd  and it should clearly have been a foul. Certainly one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen and that is saying something

I thought it was Findlay that got wiped out for the corner? Was a free kick to us all day long!

Having said that, the events that conspired afterwards made every wrong decision sweeter at full time.

The ref was abysmal throughout the game. Both of their goals came from corners that should have been fouls to Kilmarnock. After watching the penalty decision back it wasn't a penalty for me. He's used his shoulder (with a contorted arm albeit) and he's had no time to react. If a ball skelps you in the arm it's not a handball, I felt the same rule should apply for Dicker here. Then you look at the consistency issue, if you give one hand ball like that then you need to give the rest. He let them away with 3 similar throughout the game as far as I could see.

A shambolic performance from a terrible referee.

I was very critical last night about Walsh's handling of the game and remain so this morning but I won't argue about the penalty or the sending off. I will however maintain my view that he is the poorest referee seen at Rugby Park for years if that is his normal standard in handling the overall game incidents.

Second one for me was a terrible challenge to make, he was clearly frustrated but could have easily been a straight red for that. He is experienced enough to know to be careful especially when already on a yellow. That being said penalty or not and bad challenge or not, we still won and showed great character to come back from 2-1 down with 10 men. Great result. 

Not sure their is much difference between the penalty and the touch the Dundee boy took before Dicker got sent off both were soft IMO. Sending off you can’t argue with the second yellow. 

Felt they got off with Murder. Did McGowan swing an elbow at McKenzie early on? As above a defender getting wiped out by Moussa in the lead up to that corner. The defender already on a booking tripping Brophy just before the break and not even a foul when it looked obvious it should have been a second yellow. Probably the worst was the late tackle on Taylor. The balls gone into the box and I think it was Deacon clattered Taylor very late. No foul. 

5 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

That not the ref view. He can’t make a call if he can’t see it. 

You have to be 100% certain there is a clear deliberate handball to give a penalty, and there was no way he could been 100% certain, so it should never have been given. 

That was the worst refereeing performance I have seen in years - makes it even better we won despite him.

I think he also got Dicker's 2nd yellow wrong IMO - that was a red card all day long and had it been the other way round I would have expected the opposition player to be sent off. 

24 minutes ago, zinger said:

I was very critical last night about Walsh's handling of the game and remain so this morning but I won't argue about the penalty or the sending off. I will however maintain my view that he is the poorest referee seen at Rugby Park for years if that is his normal standard in handling the overall game incidents.

Poorest since ICT 2016? Guess who reffed that one...(incidentally, Iain Wilson did well in that game too)

http://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1788-killie-1-nick-walsh-1-171216/