Motherwell

Killieboykfc

Before taking training on Friday morning, Clarke said he remained "very unsure" of his starting XI for Saturday's game.

While Jordan Jones and Youssouf Mulumbu are set to return, Aaron Tshibola is a doubt due to illness.

Greg Kiltie (ankle) is rated as 50/50 while Alan Power and Steven Smith have been ruled out. Gary Dicker is suspended following his red card against Dundee while Gordon Greer (calf) is 90% certain to sit out the game in Lanarkshire. 

Anyone know if Brophy is fit? No mention in Clarke's update. Is that good or bad news?

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Macdonald 

Sod Broadfoot Boyd Findlay 

Mckenzie Mulumbu Taylor Jones 

Brophy Boyd 

Kinda agree but midfield centre dosnt suit Taylor and Motherwell are strong in there, the boy Dunne I think it is might run over the top of Taylor.  I'd opt for Wilson in there as Dicker suspended, Power out and Tish 75% out.

Thought against Dundee 1st half it was almost as though we were playing 2 right/left backs especially on the left, Taylor instinctively goes to left back.

I think Findlay is a better left back against a physical player, Taylor better against pace,ball dribbler

Injuries are piling up and if we can win this and still have 2 games in hand it will be a remarkable achievement. Erwin off the bench might again be the match winner ( imagine saying that a few months ago!)

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I think Taylor in centre of midfield is fine watched him at Parkhead and also Hearts away and he was brilliant . Him and Rory will provide the legs . Mulumbu and Jones aswell carry a threat & with potentially 

Brophy ,Erwin , Frizzell , wilson or Burke making up the extra man in midfield or up top .  Boyd upfront 

Disagree about Taylor. It really didn't work for Taylor in midfield. Can't question his ability but far too lightweight.

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Disagree about Taylor. It really didn't work for Taylor in midfield. Can't question his ability but far too lightweight.

First half I would agree, Taylor had to spend too much time trying to help out Findlay who was being taken apart by their right winger. Second half he was part of the reason we got back into the game with his close ball control and crossing. If Jones plays we need Taylor on the left side, either in defence or midfield because they work really well together.

Edited by Wrangodog

Think Erwin works better coming off the bench. Hes looked tanked by the hour mark when he's started. The defence is picking itself nearly atm apart from choosing between S. Boyd and Findlay, which I have no preference. Would like to see Burke back in the squad playing down the right. Mulumbu and McKenzie/Wilson in the middle with Jones on the left. Brophy and Boyd up front.

1 hour ago, livvy said:

McDonald 

Sod Broadfoot Findlay Taylor

McKenzie Wilson Mulumbu

Brophy Erwin Boyd

Make Jones come off the bench and ear his place back. Erwin took his chance and deserves a shot at keeping a spot.

Think this is the team (again not sure what motherwells right winger is like, pacy then play Taylor, big target mad get Findlay out there and Boyd back at cb)

I'd be tempted to start Erwin as well, he's obviously a confidence player but either way we have Jones/Erwin coming off the bench as a real threat