Players contracted beyond this season

skygod

For a change, there doesn't have to be major overhaul to the squad this summer with a good number of the first team squad still under contract.

The manager will have his own ideas, of course, and there will surely be a number of arrivals and departures. Some of those whose contracts expire might extend too.  

MacDonald (2020)
Mackay (2019)
Lyle (2019)

O'Donnell (2020)
Broadfoot (2020)
Taylor (2019)
McLevy (2019)
A Wilson (2019)
Higgins (2019)
Waters (2019)

Power (2019)
I Wilson (2019)
Frizzell (2019)
Jones (2019)
Paterson (2019)
McDonald (2019)

Brophy (2020)
Thomas (2020)
K Boyd (2019)
Erwin (2019)
Cameron (2019)
Graham (2019)

Edited by skygod

Hopefully see some more extensions sorted out soon. Would like to see Dicker and Kiltie sign on for longer. Not sure if he will but would be fantastic if we could get Mulumbu on a longer deal. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Findlay sign up at the end of the season.

its good to see we have the bulk of the squad tied up. Also looks like there could be a bit of room for the manager to strengthen. 

To be fair to McCulloch not only had he an eye for a player but he was clearly keen to lay proper foundations after his predecessor's revolving door policy. As for the 2018 guys which we might want to extend, a lot will depend on whether the manager is still here. Two wins against the Old Firm and suddenly the meeja think he's a must for the national team. Didn't hear much from those so-called experts before then yet we always knew he was a real coup for us.

I'm convinced that he wants to be working with players on a day to day basis in a place where he is wanted and he would only leave for a high profile club job in England, let's hope he's not in a hurry.

Not against being fair to Mc Culloch but eye for a player or not he just didn't get it out of them and we'd have been relegated if he'd stayed.

That said I think as far as recruitment went he was fixing some of the damage (except for Bell/Spencer) done by the moron who preceded him.

You know what?

Let's drop the history and enjoy what's going on now!!

28 minutes ago, piffer said:

Hopefully see some more extensions sorted out soon. Would like to see Dicker and Kiltie sign on for longer. Not sure if he will but would be fantastic if we could get Mulumbu on a longer deal. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Findlay sign up at the end of the season.

its good to see we have the bulk of the squad tied up. Also looks like there could be a bit of room for the manager to strengthen. 

From Billy Bowie's Daily Record interview on 31st Jan,  would appear to back this up.....

But the boss may look to re-shape his squad this summer in a bid to have them firing even more in the Scottish Premiership.

JS139518005.jpgKilmarnock manager Steve Clarke (centre) with Jamie MacDonald (left) and Scott Boyd at full-time

And Bowie insists the manager will be backed by the board to make any changes necessary.

He said: “You’ve got to back your manager and we will do that with Steve, like we have with all of the managers we have had in the past.

You'd think there should be plenty of room to strengthen without even having to enhance the budget. There are 4 guys in on loan and 11 guys out of contract. I'd imagine we're trying to retain Mulumbu, Dicker, McKenzie and Kiltie - hopefully Findlay. I'd expect around 8-10 to go and less brought in but of a higher quality.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

For a change, there doesn't have to be major overhaul to the squad this summer with a good number of the first team squad still under contract.

The manager will have his own ideas, of course, and there will surely be a number of arrivals and departures. Some of those whose contracts expire might extend too.  

MacDonald (2020)
Mackay (2019)
Lyle (2019)

O'Donnell (2020)
Broadfoot (2020)
Taylor (2019)
McLevy (2019)
A Wilson (2019)
Higgins (2019)
Waters (2019)

Power (2019)
I Wilson (2019)
Frizzell (2019)
Jones (2019)
Paterson (2019)
McDonald (2019)

Brophy (2020)
Thomas (2020)
K Boyd (2019)
Erwin (2019)
Cameron (2019)
Graham (2019)

Where is Stevie Smith on that list? Has he gone? Has anyone actually seen him since the January window?

sasquatch.jpg

Clarke will probably give Rory and Kiltie a new deal . Dicker I think will move on unfortunately if he stays it will be one more year probably. Maybe Clarke won’t bother giving Kiltie a new deal . I like Greg and think he’s a good player but looks like he’s injured again . Plus we have done well without him this season . Hopefully he is in squad for Saturday and can prove to Clarke he’s worth a new contract .

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Clarke will probably give Rory and Kiltie a new deal . Dicker I think will move on unfortunately if he stays it will be one more year probably. Maybe Clarke won’t bother giving Kiltie a new deal . I like Greg and think he’s a good player but looks like he’s injured again . Plus we have done well without him this season . Hopefully he is in squad for Saturday and can prove to Clarke he’s worth a new contract .

I don't think he's injured. He's just being eased back. He has been rested after his first start back. We aren't familiar with tgis as a strategy but it's how a player coming back from long term injury should be treated. Doubt we will see Wilson involved on Saturday. 

Not sure if true or not but got told last night he rolled his ankle in training? If he was rested I wonder why we didn’t give him the full ninety on Saturday. I didn’t hear Clarke say either way so hopefully we just left him out to continue his rehab. Be interested to see what we do with Wilson on Saturday. I wouldn’t have thought he’d start but could it be through necessity

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Think Kiltie is in danger of becoming extremely injury prone . Hope not though . 

Mulumbu I think will be back for Saturday and hopefully Brophy and Power can feature .

He will be training tomorrow and are you sure you like him as you have an awful lot of negativity towards him 

37 minutes ago, c.r said:

Kiltie is the best player at the club and to not offer him a new deal would be ridiculous

Agreed on the contract but Greg is now in the bracket of being potentially much better just because he has been injured.  Mulumbu is the best player at the club, Boyd is a better goal scorer.  However having said that I think Greg is potentially a great player, but 18months largely on the treatment table does mean it’s atill potentially.

19 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Where is Stevie Smith on that list? Has he gone? Has anyone actually seen him since the January window?

sasquatch.jpg

That picture is inaccurate - the figure in the photo appears to be standing up of its own accord. I can't see any crutches.

I've heard that Smith has grown fold out table legs from his shoulders and calves so he can be turned into a treatment table anywhere.