So many highs

kfc_superteam

Under Clarke so far. Hard to know what was the best. 

5-1 drubbing of thistle. 

2-1 against Rangers, coming from behind and totally out playing them. 

1-0 Celtic, only time I have ever see us totally outplay a team like that. When we have beaten them before you have needed a bit of luck. 

Last night coming back against Nick Walsh and Dundee to win with 3 mins to go with 10 men. 

If Clarke stays you wonder what can be achieved! 

My work colleagues must be sick fed up hearing me harping on lol. The thing I noticed is a lot of my work colleagues and mates who are non Killie fans dont understand or relate to what we are experiencing. But one colleague yesterday asked me about the Dundee game and I could see as I was talking about the game and the joy over the recent months, it brought a smile to his face to see how enthusiastic and euphoric I was. One colleague thought I was drunk the morning after that game lol, was buzzing that much the next day haha.

Dundee result was amazing but for me the Rangers game was better. The atmosphere that game was incredible!

3 hours ago, KTIDanny85 said:

My work colleagues must be sick fed up hearing me harping on lol. The thing I noticed is a lot of my work colleagues and mates who are non Killie fans dont understand or relate to what we are experiencing. But one colleague yesterday asked me about the Dundee game and I could see as I was talking about the game and the joy over the recent months, it brought a smile to his face to see how enthusiastic and euphoric I was. One colleague thought I was drunk the morning after that game lol, was buzzing that much the next day haha.

Dundee result was amazing but for me the Rangers game was better. The atmosphere that game was incredible!

There are a quite a few Dundee & Motherwell fans on the P&B match threads who have posted they would kill to have our run of form & a manager like SC......

I hope your juggernaut continues to plough its way through the diddy teams in order to make our task a little easier, and I also hope you manage to hold onto Steve Clarke beyond the summer as I think it's great for Scottish football. Thank You

________

Have to say im really impressed with Killie recently. I had them written off 10 games in but theyve really turned that on its head. Theres a positivity about the club I crave for at Dens Park.

Edited by C4mmy31
Added comments

So many special moments. Just being able to go to RP again with a feeling we have a fighting chance no matter who we are playing. We’ve gone into games against the OF with positivity before but in the last couple it’s been a genuine confidence. Rangers then Celtic were great. The other night was special. If it could go against us it did. We battled back and got the win. I said on the night those are the games that define a season. Last year and the years before we lose that game and our goal difference potentially takes a hammering. We get dragged back into the relegation or playoff mix. Hopefully the tide has turned. 

1 hour ago, KTIDanny85 said:

The thing I noticed is a lot of my work colleagues and mates who are non Killie fans dont understand or relate to what we are experiencing. 

I have said to OF supporting colleagues before that they don't know the joy of winning. We do, now. If either of them won 7 in a row at home, they'd say "so what". I hope one day we're as complacent as that!

As least we feel the buzz I know I can’t wait for the next game and when you walk into the ground the younger fans are practising their chants, the young drummer giving it big licks. The walking on water feeling after games like Dundee. We love it and we will all be disappointed when the season finishes. What will we do till it restarts? The forum will work overtime on rumours of whose in whose out until the whistle goes to start the first game!! Don’t remember the last time I felt so confident walking down the Rugby Road long may it continue.....,

I still remember how low I felt after the County home game at the end of September. If you had said to me by the middle of February we would be equal 6th with 2 games in hand. Unbeaten in 4 against the Old Firm and realistically chasing a possible European place and in the quarter finals of the Cup I wouldn't have believed you. Its just been one high after another. 

Best tactically astute manager in our history . The pedigree and knowledge he has is incredible . I know we have many characters and well loved figures Shiels /Burns and more . What a manager Clarke is . I trust him 100 percent and I am going to Motherwell this Saturday thinking we are going to be prepared , organised and giving it all going for a win . All you can ask of your team . I have no doubt Clarke will have them prepared the best way possible . Going under Jig and previous managers we couldn’t guarantee any of it . What a time to be a fan , get out to as many games as you can . Now is the time . Long may Steve Clarke reign . Ayrshire’s blue and white .

:hurrah:

Edited by Souleycouley93

31 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Best tactically astute manager in our history . The pedigree and knowledge he has is incredible . I know we have many characters and well loved figures Shiels /Burns and more . What a manager Clarke is . I trust him 100 percent and I am going to Motherwell this Saturday thinking we are going to be prepared , organised and giving it all going for a win . All you can ask of your team . I have no doubt Clarke will have them prepared the best way possible . Going under Jig and previous managers we couldn’t guarantee any of it . What a time to be a fan , get out to as many games as you can . Now is the time . Long may Steve Clarke reign . Ayrshire’s blue and white .

Absolute  bang on! 

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Best tactically astute manager in your history. Willie Waddell and Jock Stein went to Italy to study the methods of Helenio Herrera, the coach of Inter Milan. No accident that Waddell managed our league winning side and Stein went on to European success managing Celtic. I remember overhearing two men talking on a train journey and neither supported Killie but they were impressed by how difficult we were to beat. That was a different era though and Steve Clarke has brought that work ethic and tactical awareness to this generation of players. 

2 hours ago, Garnkirk20 said:

I still remember how low I felt after the County home game at the end of September. If you had said to me by the middle of February we would be equal 6th with 2 games in hand. Unbeaten in 4 against the Old Firm and realistically chasing a possible European place and in the quarter finals of the Cup I wouldn't have believed you. Its just been one high after another. 

A wee reminder of SSC's first interview. He had a vision, I think we can safely say it's came to life......

Edited by C4mmy31

6 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Best tactically astute manager in your history. Willie Waddell and Jock Stein went to Italy to study the methods of Helenio Herrera, the coach of Inter Milan. No accident that Waddell managed our league winning side and Stein went on to European success managing Celtic. I remember overhearing two men talking on a train journey and neither supported Killie but they were impressed by how difficult we were to beat. That was a different era though and Steve Clarke has brought that work ethic and tactical awareness to this generation of players. 

Clarke has won the big trophies and has also done it as a coach . Managed Suarez,Gerrard,Lampard,Terry,Hazard,             Drogba etc . He has worked with Mourinho ,Zola, Di Matteo , Robson. Gave West Brom highest prem finish . His standards are incredible and I like how he has came in and set the bar . If your no having it at training you won’t be playing . Look at Power + Brophy even Erwin now a lazy b at start of season . He’s got the full club buzzing and long may it continue . Cannot wait for Saturday . Regardless if we have a few injuries I’m confident we can get something . The fact is he was a too good of a manager to go to Scotland at the moment . Hopefully come May he will be at Hampden along with thousands of other Killie fans in Scottish cup final . Viva Steve Clarke 

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

A wee reminder of SSC's first interview. He had a vision, I think we can safely say it's came to life......

just re-listened to this. and agree with @C4mmy31, Stevie has carried out exactly whet he said he would work toward. Just grateful it came quicker than expected, instantly in fact.

Happy days.

11 hours ago, Martyn said:

I have said to OF supporting colleagues before that they don't know the joy of winning. We do, now. If either of them won 7 in a row at home, they'd say "so what". I hope one day we're as complacent as that!

The way I always prove this is asking Celtic fans what happened in the 2001 league cup final. I've yet to find one who can tell you any details about it. I can still talk about it in great detail - Durrant running the show, going off injured, Larson scoring his hattrick etc. 

It just shows you that even reaching a cup final means more to me as a Killie fan than an actual cup win means to them. It's such a regular thing for them that they can't even remember a specific trophy win. 

I can even describe our run to the final - Dargo in the semi etc. 

It's why I've no doubt that it's much more satisfying supporting a team like Killie over an old firm side.