Paul Clarke

KillieFC

Quite a shock to see two guys I've not seen for 30 years - guess we're all getting older. Paul was my favourite Killie player when I was young, so brilliant to hear him talking about his career. That goal against Clydebank was a cracker. The 10 club Premier Division was really cut-throat and teams like Killie never really had a chance of surviving beyond a couple of years. Even with full time football, we would not have got to 25 years and counting in our current run in the top tier without the benefit of a bigger league than we had then. It was a real shame that guys like Clarke, McCulloch, McDicken etc never got the chance to play full time.

1 hour ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The goal line clearance was away to Thistle on 15/09/79. The game finished 0-0. The only game I missed that season. Excuse being I was getting married.

That’s really no excuse. Why did you get married during the football season? That’s what the summers for.  :-))

What a Killie legend.  

McCulloch McLean, Robertson, Clark, Clarke, McDicken - almost every week.  

His overhead at Firhill, brilliant.  I also remember him scoring a scorcher at Shawfield.  He always had that bit of class, reminded me of Alan Hansen.  Retired too early.  

4 hours ago, GJMB said:

What a Killie legend.  

His overhead at Firhill, brilliant.  I also remember him scoring a scorcher at Shawfield.  He always had that bit of class, reminded me of Alan Hansen.  Retired too early.  

George sam maxwell penalty expert

10 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

Quite a shock to see two guys I've not seen for 30 years - guess we're all getting older. Paul was my favourite Killie player when I was young, so brilliant to hear him talking about his career. That goal against Clydebank was a cracker. The 10 club Premier Division was really cut-throat and teams like Killie never really had a chance of surviving beyond a couple of years. Even with full time football, we would not have got to 25 years and counting in our current run in the top tier without the benefit of a bigger league than we had then. It was a real shame that guys like Clarke, McCulloch, McDicken etc never got the chance to play full time.

Its a shame big D never got his move to West Ham but always a killie legend

4 hours ago, GJMB said:

What a Killie legend.  

He indeed had a lot of class. I remember him as an elegant midfielder in our primary school team. He captained that team even though he was couple years younger than rest of us. Also a good guy who never passes you in the street.