Paul Clarke

KillieFC

8 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Paul Clarke deserved a move down south, like Kenny Armstrong both he and McDicken had the ability to go far beyond Killie as we were then.  Shame that they both missed the opportunities that the league down south could’ve afforded them.

I'm pretty sure Killie turned down a bid from stoke city for PC. 

Both him and Big D would have great in the English game as it was then. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

I'm pretty sure Killie turned down a bid from stoke city for PC. 

Both him and Big D would have great in the English game as it was then. 

Being a part time team at the time has to be taken into consideration. The back 5 we had at the time were as good as any full time time team . Scottish football was a mess, with Paul saying he was playing against Dalgleish, Johnston and Harper alike who were full time players. You have to have  the utmost respect for these guys.  

I think that if you are a certain age it was guys like Paul Clarke and Big D that defined Killie when you were growing up. It was a real pleasure to watch that interview and brought back alot of good memories from when I was just in primary school and following Killie through the ups and downs of promotion and relegation over that period.

5 minutes ago, garye said:

I think that if you are a certain age it was guys like Paul Clarke and Big D that defined Killie when you were growing up. It was a real pleasure to watch that interview and brought back alot of good memories from when I was just in primary school and following Killie through the ups and downs of promotion and relegation over that period.

Always remember seeing big d when attending kilmarnock academey on his job with curries lemonade delivery driver in the town

Paul Clarke also suffered a little due to the charisma of Big D who had all the songs- "big D's gonna get ya" and "Barcelona, Real Madrid, Big D's worth a million quid" but PC was the more cultured player, great interview and i vividly remember the Clydebank goal although i remember that clydebank team as being a very good football side

50 minutes ago, Killiesince69 said:

Paul Clarke also suffered a little due to the charisma of Big D who had all the songs- "big D's gonna get ya" and "Barcelona, Real Madrid, Big D's worth a million quid" but PC was the more cultured player, great interview and i vividly remember the Clydebank goal although i remember that clydebank team as being a very good football side

Always remember the curious situation in the kilbowie social club when they closed the curtains just before the game started due to the alcohol laws

I can vividly (in my head at least) remember the goal he talks about in the interview - the clubs first in the Premier League but don't remember much else about the game.

Would be great to see it again to see if it matches my memory of it.

I'm thinking Motherwell, finished 1 each and I think big Paul scored to put us one up.

An excellent interview, listening to that brought back some good memories of when i started following Killie. :hurrah:

On 16/02/2018 at 6:24 PM, SaucyJackPirate said:

I’ve got that strip he’s got on in the cupboard.  

Wish I still had that strip... think I cut it up for the badge when I outgrew it! o.O