How do we keep Clarke?

Zorro

11 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Absolutely, I had to read what he posted three times. What you on about Zorro. 

It’s not complicated, do you want him to stay or not? In your line of work, if you were performing above expectations you’d expect to be rewarded. If you didn’t feel valued you might consider other options. I’m suggesting it might be time to offer something tangible, rather than a bunch of forum halfwits bestowing the title “Sir” on Clarke. It’s not rocket surgery. 

20 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Just spoke to Steve Clarke and he's said he'll stay for ten years if you stop posting on the Killie FC forums, Zorro. 

Stevie Clarke told me he’s going to leave if you don’t stop making up lies about him. If we lose him it’ll be all your fault. 

Edited by Zorro

If he walks away, he's going to have face his family!

Most supporters would understand and wish him well if a big club came and I don't think he would leave other than for a big club. 

He's spoken about loyalty, he's spoken about a 2.5 year project to reinstate the club to its position at the top of the Scottish game, he's said it's not about money. If he left for, say, Luton Town or Bristol Rovers he'd look a prize pillock.

Like Lee Clark, in other words....

Edited by skygod

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

If he walks away, he's going to have face his family!

Most supporters would understand and wish him well if a big club came and I don't think he would leave other than for a big club. 

He's spoken about loyalty, he's spoken about a 2.5 year project to reinstate the club to its position at the top of the Scottish game - if he left for, say, Luton Town or Bristol Rovers he'd look a prize pillock.

Lee Clark, in other words....

Can’t we become a big club? Jim McLean did it at United, Clough at Forest, why not Clarke at Killie? Bowie has set his sights on cup finals, top six, Europe and yet the forum mafia say we’ve just to enjoy being killie fans for now. Seems small time imo. 

Edited by Zorro

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

It would take longer than 2.5 years to become a Champions League club, like Dundee United.

If he's put a time limit on it then it's up to him if he is prepared to extend it. I hope and expect that he will at least lay the foundations for the club to become big again.

Won’t take more if he can persuade his former employer to ditch Chealski and invest in a proper club!

:11:

41 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That’s the spirit lads. We’re too wee to have nice stuff. Lets just roll out the red carpet for whoever decides they want him. 

Of course that's the case. The days of clubs like Forest and Dundee United competing well in Europe have gone - as I'm sure you know full well. 

Barcelona couldn't hold on to a player when he wanted to leave and if Steve Clarke gets an offer from down south that he likes then he will take it - and fair play to him. When he goes he will owe us nothing and he will leave us with great memories. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

It would take longer than 2.5 years to become a Champions League club, like Dundee United.

Agreed, but a lack of ambition can turn you into a championship club like Dundee United in the blink of an eye. 

Theres a saying “strike while the iron’s hot” because the alternative “enjoy the iron being hot for now”, never really took off. 

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

What is it that you're proposing? You said you were insinuating that it would be possible to keep him.

I’m proposing some inventiveness. Bonuses for meeting certain targets etc. Someone mentioned doubling the home crowd would help keep him; how about he gets a percentage of the income every extra fan generates for the club? Shares for achieving top six? A percentage of transfer fees? In any other business, perks to top up a lower salary would be normal. Why not for the best manager we’ve had in years?

Edited by Zorro