How do we keep Clarke?

Zorro

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

I’m proposing some inventiveness. Bonuses for meeting certain targets etc. Someone mentioned doubling the home crowd would help keep him; how about he gets a percentage of the income every extra fan generates for the club? Shares for achieving top six? A percentage of transfer fees? In any other business, perks to top up a lower salary would be normal. Why not for the best manager we’ve had in years?

I'm trying to limit my interventions, as it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. However, I have to say something I never thought I would......I agree with every word Z**** has said. Steve Clarke must be enjoying the total control over the club that he has, but inventive ways of keeping him should be sought. The only thing that's limiting our ambition at the moment us the apathetic response from the stay away fans and the Kilmarnock public in general. The core support are responding and have been superb, as is evidenced by today's crowd, but the boxes that have been ticked should see us having at least five thousand home fans at every game. That's still well below what we achieved in the nineties. I don't buy into all this " it will take years to undo the damage ". We don't have years. We have a window of opportunity now with a fantastic manager, a winning team on the park ( which so many said would bring the fans back ), a popular Board and multiple improvement in every area.   Don't talk to me about a few hundred more on the gate. Do they disappear again as soon as we stutter is Clarke leaves? Use it or lose it, as a man once said. He's already hinted at his disappointment, staying that the supporters have been great, but it would be good to " see a few more attend ". Like it or not, the stay aways are the only part of the equation that are holding us back. If he is still here come the summer, I think the season ticket sales will be the last opportunity to show that the fans ambition matches the Board's. 

15 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Oh shut up. We're winning. He's happy. We're happy. Everyone's happy and we on the killie forum will not not be negotiating with him to stay. Leave it to those that will be. Stupid f**king thread, unless you expect to draw up a list of things we can somehow chuck into his next contract, like unicorns and candy canes. Stupid f**king thread. 

Watch the boxing. Have a beer. Bask in glory. Have a great Saturday. Stop talking absolute pish. 

I get what you’re saying, but if we’re limiting our comments only to the areas we have control over, these are going to be really quiet boards. No more transfer talk. No more team lineup talk. No more chat about how to get more fans back. No more drunken rants by the village idiot about Man City ruining football....

But don’t worry buddy.... I’m basking away, but I’d prefer to bask for many years to come. I have a beer at hand and have others chilling, because even though I’m enjoying this one, I’d like to experience more. I don’t watch the boxing as it’s even more rigged than the FIFA World Cup bidding process, but understand why it appeals to some people. Enjoy your evening. 

Can't see Clarke going back to England ,especially to a struggling championship team .My biggest fear is that he will be tempted to take on the Sevco job.Murty is only a stop gap and they can't match Septic on spending.There only hope is a manager who can punch well above his weight and SSC fits the bill .If he wants the hassle the goes  with it is a different matter.

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Can't see Clarke going back to England ,especially to a struggling championship team .My biggest fear is that he will be tempted to take on the Sevco job.Murty is only a stop gap and they can't match Septic on spending.There only hope is a manager who can punch well above his weight and SSC fits the bill .If he wants the hassle the goes  with it is a different matter.

Can’t see him going their let’s enjoy him while he is our manager 

13 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Clarke has already said he won’t be leaving us for another Scottish Club

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

Another week, another win, but every point lifts Steve Clarke’s profile and makes the vultures circle a little closer. So it’s time to get inventive and find the incentives for SC to stay long term. What’s it going to take?

You know what? Let’s start getting beat every couple of weeks. That’ll do it. I couldn’t be bothered reading 3 pages of pish

I can say for certain that we all want to keep Clarke for as long as possible, however unlikely people think that may be.

With a fan director on the board however we may have more of an insight into what he wants, and whether we as a collective can give him it. Until that is up and running, all we can do is continue to get behind the team in numbers, pester everyone we can to get down and support the team. 

Certainly no cause for panic in my opinion, as he won’t be leaving any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Do we know who this fan is yet? Is it a vote for all those that chipped in or is it just a fan the guys that chipped in (plus the fella that loaned them half the money) picks? 

Fans will be able to sign up for Standard (£15 per month), Plus (£25 per month) or Premium (one off contribution) packages, with benefits ranging from their name on the Trust in Killie history board, to entry into prize draws for ‘money can’t buy’ memorabilia. Once the £100,000 is raised, the cash will be invested into the Club through the purchase of unallocated shares, and the Killie Trust will take a seat on the Board. This will be filled by a Supporter -Director elected by members of the Killie Trust.

I preferred it when we were pish and getting gubbed most weeks . Things were simpler . Now it’s like trying to hold on to that girlfriend that you know , hand on heart , is a wee bit too hot for you . Money would help , the odd trip to the gym , but hey, she’s off as soon as Pablo flashes his six pack . Enjoy it while it lasts . 

6 hours ago, Zorro said:

Another week, another win, but every point lifts Steve Clarke’s profile and makes the vultures circle a little closer. So it’s time to get inventive and find the incentives for SC to stay long term. What’s it going to take?

This definitely didn't deserve over 30 red cards.

It's exactly what the club should be thinking about at this moment in time.

Shareholder/ director/ % of transfer income. All things that would make it difficult for him to want to leave. There will almost certainly be interest from England at some point. 

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

This definitely didn't deserve over 30 red cards.

It's exactly what the club should be thinking about at this moment in time.

Shareholder/ director/ % of transfer income. All things that would make it difficult for him to want to leave. There will almost certainly be interest from England at some point. 

How did the % of transfer income work out when Dundee Utd tried it with McNamara?

2 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

The bone of contention (with the fans) is that it's then in the managers own person interest to sell the teams best players.

I can completely understand that viewpoint. There would have to be checks and balances in place for it to work and avoid a conflict of interest. 

5 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

The bone of contention (with the fans) is that it's then in the managers own person interest to sell the teams best players.

Steve Clarke isn’t in it for the money. Skydog said so, so it must be true. We’re also too wee to have nice stuff so any good players would be sold anyway. 

Our failure to plan ahead has seen us lose many good players on the cheap, and now it looks like the majority of fans on here, are content to lose the man who’s revitalising the club, through the same fault. 

If you don’t believe Clarke is interested in money, that’s fine, but everyone wants to feel appreciated and wanted. 

I know of 2 instances where managers where financially compensated for transfers. McNamara at DU and Ian Holloway at Blackpool. In both instances the managers started well but as soon as a dip in form is hit the issue of them gaining from the selling of players is raised and used to beat them with as it is seen to be their motivation rather than them trying to take the club forward.

The board managed to sell the club and its future to Clarke and he bought into it, I trust the board will do its utmost to keep him happy without using some gimmick.

10 hours ago, Zorro said:

Steve Clarke isn’t in it for the money. Skydog said so, so it must be true. 

No, I gave my opinion - that’s what “I think” usually means. 

It’s always a shame when you resort to snide and sarcastic remarks when we are having an otherwise civil debate. 

McLean seemed to capture the mood of the thread best by suggesting that the way to “reward” Clarke is for people to get along to RP on match days rather than to push a few bonuses his way. 

Edited by skygod

We had all the endless Scotland job posts for weeks now this....think we should just enjoy having SC as our Manager ...for as long as it lasts.....hopefully that's a year or 2 

Yes a bumper pay package, increased player budget, growing attendance's ...even a promise of a seat on the board..may help ..but in the end will be down to what SC wants for his future and if he still harbours thoughts of another crack at a good job down in England.

Crowds going places like that today . Building this project as a god . He has respect of all the players . It’s his boyhood club . He doesn’t need the money and when he goes with us reinstated as a top six club again . He will go with all of our best wishes . Fully expect him to see out next season aswell . 

What a time