Away fans

Neilly

1 hour ago, Merk said:

https://youtu.be/81rjN8C6cqI

One of my first away games, not sure what the away crowd was but I’d not be surprised if it was around the 2k mark.

Classic goal fae wee Porteous!

I remember being at the 2nd game up there that season. Not much I recall other than the huge crowd, Rambo McInally being howling bad, and fearing the worst when we lost.

1 hour ago, RAL said:

Some brilliant names in there. For Motherwell - Davie Cooper, Lambert, O'Donnell. 

For us - Bobby Geddes, McSkimming, Skilling, Porteous, Monty and others. Great days to be a Killie fan. 

Aye hard to believe watching that Cooper would be dead just over a year later, and Lambert would be starring in the Bundesliga.

Edited by Fankle

Noticed that Motherwell appeared to have more home supporters yesterday then we've had all season. Over 4000. Partick also had a bigger crowd than us v Dundee. Both surprising. Progress appears to depend on higher season ticket sales. They should get the season tickets  up and running now, with some sort of incentive, while the feel good factor is there. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Noticed that Motherwell appeared to have more home supporters yesterday then we've had all season. Over 4000. Partick also had a bigger crowd than us v Dundee. Both surprising. Progress appears to depend on higher season ticket sales. They should get the season tickets  up and running now, with some sort of incentive, while the feel good factor is there. 

Did you go yesterday?

No way they did. 

See you at Aberdeen for the biggest game of the season. 

14 hours ago, aldo said:

if there were more well fans there yesterday, than we had at rugby park on Tuesday, then i'm a monkeys uncle. some very creative counting goes on in attendance figures imo

As said on here before, Dundee count season ticket holders in every game wether they attend or not, makes a huge difference, last time we went up there a think it was announced as close to 6K, when you looked around it would’ve been closer to 4. 

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

In that case then, I assume you accept now that home crowds are up a third, or around 950 people, on this time last year? 

They're up, but a third of diddly squat is the square root of feck all. Should be up far more with what's been a fantastic time for the club. There is a latent support ( I think ) which should have got off their arses by now. Do the few hundred just drift away as soon as it's not going superlatively? 

11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

They're up, but a third of diddly squat is the square root of feck all. Should be up far more with what's been a fantastic time for the club. There is a latent support ( I think ) which should have got off their arses by now. Do the few hundred just drift away as soon as it's not going superlatively? 

You going to Aberdeen for the biggest game of the season?

57 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

What do you do then to get the latent support back?  You can't just say they should come back because we are better, that's lazy.  It would be great if it was that easy, but in the year 2018 it's not at all.  And you can't say bring a pal, what if they all come already?  What if all your other mates support the Old Filth?  The club have done an excellent job in bringing in Clarke, and the communication is a lot better, but much more has to be done to bring the marketing of our club up to the level of other businesses of a comparative size.  That is true of all Scottish clubs also.