Away fans

Neilly

19 hours ago, aldo said:

if there were more well fans there yesterday, than we had at rugby park on Tuesday, then i'm a monkeys uncle. some very creative counting goes on in attendance figures imo

There may be something in this, the recent celtic game for example was 10,702 so near 6k empty seats? (I sit in the East Stand but with both Celtic ends full and a decent crowd in the main surely there is no way there was that many empty seats? We also played Ayr in the cup a while back and the place looked almost full and the attendance came in at something like 11k

I think a fair reflection of how attendances have jumped will be season ticket sales next season and general attendances. 

Cost me about £80 just on tickets this week for me and my boy to go to the games... and that's excluding the pies and Capri Sun nonsense that he has to have as he's "starving"...

Over course of a month that's the price of a season ticket, which with my circumstance changes I'll be doing next season. I think we will have these pockets of fans (myself included) who couldn't get to all games that are managing a game here and there and will ultimately want to get a season ticket next year as it's clearly more cost effective. I seen a few faces at Dundee game that hadn't been in a while that were saying they would be getting an ST next year.

There will be four tickets bought next season for me, my dad, son and his best pal who's one of those Rangers fans who has never stepped inside Ibrox. He's already at stage where he is asking to come to Killie games so this time next year I'm sure he will have switched to the goodies.

I think patience is key @Mclean07 ... 900 increase is excellent at this stage and with Clarke here next season and maybe adding quality to the squad these numbers will jump again.

The away support has been sensational since he came in but I've noticed a marked improvement on home noise and attendances also.

Patience! Next season I'd be surprised if we weren't sitting around the 5k mark for all games.

3 hours ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

What do you do then to get the latent support back?  You can't just say they should come back because we are better, that's lazy.  It would be great if it was that easy, but in the year 2018 it's not at all.  And you can't say bring a pal, what if they all come already?  What if all your other mates support the Old Filth?  The club have done an excellent job in bringing in Clarke, and the communication is a lot better, but much more has to be done to bring the marketing of our club up to the level of other businesses of a comparative size.  That is true of all Scottish clubs also.

Imagine that after removing MJ, bringing in Steve Clarke and being top of the from league, Billiy Bowie is still having to read p1sh about not enough marketing. Call me lazy. Sorry, I've listened now for years that getting rid of MJ and putting a winning team on the park would result in the missing thousands returning. Every time to club moves forward ( sometimes massively ), the goal posts are moved and new excuses found. Now it's Marketng. God help us. 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I think a fair reflection of how attendances have jumped will be season ticket sales next season and general attendances. 

Cost me about £80 just on tickets this week for me and my boy to go to the games... and that's excluding the pies and Capri Sun nonsense that he has to have as he's "starving"...

Over course of a month that's the price of a season ticket, which with my circumstance changes I'll be doing next season. I think we will have these pockets of fans (myself included) who couldn't get to all games that are managing a game here and there and will ultimately want to get a season ticket next year as it's clearly more cost effective. I seen a few faces at Dundee game that hadn't been in a while that were saying they would be getting an ST next year.

There will be four tickets bought next season for me, my dad, son and his best pal who's one of those Rangers fans who has never stepped inside Ibrox. He's already at stage where he is asking to come to Killie games so this time next year I'm sure he will have switched to the goodies.

I think patience is key @Mclean07 ... 900 increase is excellent at this stage and with Clarke here next season and maybe adding quality to the squad these numbers will jump again.

The away support has been sensational since he came in but I've noticed a marked improvement on home noise and attendances also.

Patience! Next season I'd be surprised if we weren't sitting around the 5k mark for all games.

Good reasoned post. Nice to engage properly. I agree re the season tickets.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Every time to club moves forward ( sometimes massively ), the goal posts are moved and new excuses found. Now it's Marketng. God help us. 

So marketing won't help. Yet on another thread........

They should get the season tickets  up and running now, with some sort of incentive, while the feel good factor is there. 

What, you mean market them? What a revolutionary idea. Well done. Except you think that won't work.

Make your mind up.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Imagine that after removing MJ, bringing in Steve Clarke and being top of the from league, Billiy Bowie is still having to read p1sh about not enough marketing. Call me lazy. Sorry, I've listened now for years that getting rid of MJ and putting a winning team on the park would result in the missing thousands returning. Every time to club moves forward ( sometimes massively ), the goal posts are moved and new excuses found. Now it's Marketng. God help us. 

I’ve not mentioned MJ once so that’s irrelevant.  I will ask you though who are these people you are referring to? Who are the unawakened thousands that you are preaching to?  

Why not try and create a new fervant section of fans that aren’t mired in the past and can also buy tickets and spend money for the next few decades as well as those whom you are berating for not returning?  Is their money not the same colour?  And yes to reach a new crowd you have to put your message out there and do a bit of work.  Call it marketing, advertising or whatever buy new fans do not appear by osmosis.  To suggest such shows an antiquated view that has no relevance in today’s world.