Jordan Jones

BlueKillie

Totally infuriated me yesterday . Every time we get it to him he is so dangerous . Beat anyone in league . His final decision is always the wrong one . Reason why he is probably with us tbh . If he could be coached to have better in game knowledge like when to come inside or go to by line and to run into space instead of always coming and taking ball deep and running . 

3 hours ago, historyman said:

It was definitely put together by his agent because his final ball just after the video stops was very poor. Had a very mixed game. Beat a good few of their defenders on a number of occasions but didn't create a single decent chance at the end of it. 

uhm, pretty sure he went down injured with cramp, and then was substituted. Not that i disagree with your summary of his performance.

1 minute ago, Lorielus said:

This remains completely false.

Really? Yesterday showed the true JJ plenty of skill and can take on anyone in the league but when it comes to the final ball it’s rarely there. Main reason he is playing for us and not higher. If you see anything different please explain and don’t use the pass for Mulumbu goals as he had all the time in the world to pick the pass. 

1 minute ago, Killiepie said:

Really? Yesterday showed the true JJ plenty of skill and can take on anyone in the league but when it comes to the final ball it’s rarely there. Main reason he is playing for us and not higher. If you see anything different please explain and don’t use the pass for Mulumbu goals as he had all the time in the world to pick the pass. 

Even if he didn't score a few goals (which he does), or assist (which he does, in spite of your assertion that a game-winning pass only counts if it was hurried), he contributes heavily in other ways.  He wins any number of free kicks, corners, (shies as well, but that can't count as we remain utterly tragic at shies) provides a superb outball, and creates a hell of a lot of space because teams double-up on him every single game, not to mention does his fair share of defensive pressing.  All of that is end product.

You'll hear no argument from me that his final ball needs huge improvement as does his decision making, but to say he has no end product is just nonsense.

With his pace and skill he should be creating a lot more chances than he actually does all down to his poor choices. Going by his shooting practice before the game that’s something else he really needs to improve on. I don’t disagree he doesn’t bring anything to the team just feel he should be bring more with the ability he has. 

37 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

Even if he didn't score a few goals (which he does), or assist (which he does, in spite of your assertion that a game-winning pass only counts if it was hurried), he contributes heavily in other ways.  He wins any number of free kicks, corners, (shies as well, but that can't count as we remain utterly tragic at shies) provides a superb outball, and creates a hell of a lot of space because teams double-up on him every single game, not to mention does his fair share of defensive pressing.  All of that is end product.

You'll hear no argument from me that his final ball needs huge improvement as does his decision making, but to say he has no end product is just nonsense.

None of that is end product. End product is a positive pass, assist or a goal. So many times yesterday he failed in his final ball meaning the defence was immediately put under pressure again. 

What are 'shies'?

1 minute ago, capitalkillie said:

None of that is end product. End product is a positive pass, assist or a goal. So many times yesterday he failed in his final ball meaning the defence was immediately put under pressure again. 

What are 'shies'?

Throw ins.....

Jj is a awesome player I love him. If he worked on his final ball and decision making he would be the complete player. 

JJ is a player who when he’s in the team at times I’ve seen myself question if we’d miss him. The other night against Dundee I felt we really did. Even just his presence. Taylor did a great job on the left but with JJ in there Deacon is playing 20-30yards further back and doesn’t get the chance to attack as freely as he did because JJ's pace would firstly have covered his runs and secondly exploited space.

i wasn’t there yesterday so can’t comment on that. What’s missing from his game is not the final ball it’s the consistency in the final ball. His cross for Mulumbu in the Celtic game is one of the best passes I’ve seen this season and there are others. Same with his finishing. He can do it but it’s not regular enough.

I can’t put my finger on the problem though. It’s been suggest he needs time and space to get it right or that he can’t cope with those. We’ve seen him do well in all situations. At some point it will hopefully all fall into place for him and when it does he could really tear this league up. Hopefully in a Killie jersey.