Jordan Jones

BlueKillie

4 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Shame he has no end product. 

Rubbish.

His final decision is what lets his game down. Numerous instances this season where he could have passed it on to someone in a better position, but he's taken it on himself from an unlikely angle - or skied what seemed an easy shot over the bar.

But to say he has no end product is just nonsense. Are we just ignoring the fact he was heavily involved in Boyd's goal away to Aberdeen, set up Mulumbu vs Celtic at home with a wonder-pass to win us three points, scored away to Celtic at Parkhead to earn us a point, scored away to Aberdeen to earn us a point?

He's also responsible for dragging defenders out of position with his trickery and pace, often finding himself surrounded by two or even three defenders, allowing space for other attackers to run in to.

I don't think anyone on here disagree his end product is the part of his game he needs to work on, but to say he has none is just daft.

24 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

None of that is end product. End product is a positive pass, assist or a goal. So many times yesterday he failed in his final ball meaning the defence was immediately put under pressure again. 

What are 'shies'?

That's just a daft argument of semantics.  He does plenty of productive things.

Hopefully Clarke will impose some game knowledge . He made some mental decisions the other day . Should have slipped Boyd in and ended up under hitting pass . Should always run the right back early on in game . Didn’t get to byline enough kept cutting inside and hitting the man or coming into a already crowded midfield . The danger is him beating a man on outside and dragging centre half across to cover them cutting back to create an overload . His pace is utterly frightening . His decisions if he wants to become a top player have to improve as no doubt he gets into incredible positions where better players punish teams . I have always said I’d like him to have a shot on the right of midfield so when he beats the man he is crossing with his best foot . Clarke will be hopefully giving him some tips onto where to move and receive ball . Jones  generally wants to receive the ball about half way and build up some momentum and beat a few players . This works sometimes . He would be a much more effective player if he did that but also came short and spinned in behind . Very rarely runs off the back to have ball played into space infront of him . He slows down attacks at times because he needs to carry ball instead of running into space . Good player and he continues improving . 

Edited by Souleycouley93

We’re a better team with him in it than not. Every defence in the league fears his ability to beat players and we have more space to play in midfield cos he ensures defenders sit a bit deeper. He’ll improve his decision making and final pass with good coaching and experience. Both will br provided at Killie.

Edited by casual observer

22 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Hopefully Clarke will impose some game knowledge . He made some mental decisions the other day . Should have slipped Boyd in and ended up under hitting pass . Should always run the right back early on in game . Didn’t get to byline enough kept cutting inside and hitting the man or coming into a already crowded midfield . The danger is him beating a man on outside and dragging centre half across to cover them cutting back to create an overload . His pace is utterly frightening . His decisions if he wants to become a top player have to improve as no doubt he gets into incredible positions where better players punish teams . I have always said I’d like him to have a shot on the right of midfield so when he beats the man he is crossing with his best foot . Clarke will be hopefully giving him some tips onto where to move and receive ball . Jones  generally wants to receive the ball about half way and build up some momentum and beat a few players . This works sometimes . He would be a much more effective player if he did that but also came short and spinned in behind . Very rarely runs off the back to have ball played into space infront of him . He slows down attacks at times because he needs to carry ball instead of running into space . Good player and he continues improving . 

With all that knowledge you have why are you not a football manager?

First time I saw him I thought he was a joke of a player, it was the home game against Albion in the league cup and he was abysmal. The improvement in his performance since then is incredible, and if he can keep improving at that rate then what a credit to him and his coaches. If he were to play in a team where 2 or 3 others created chances I don't think his final delivery would receive such scrutiny. I personally love to see his name on the team sheet and long may it continue. 

44 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Moaning c**ts on here as usual ---- Jordan is a great footballer yes he could improve his final ball but ffs give it a rest ---- oh he was in bakers nightclub last night is that a fault also ?

He must have made a night of it Drew, he was also at Boydie's charity ball at Ayr Racecourse earlier in the evening.

I'm astounded that in a team that has the best record in the league over ten games, and in a week we have won 3 games that we are debating current first team players not being up to standard.

If JJ could deliver a ball and run at folk like he does he wouldn't be in Scotland let alone Killie. 

He's fundamental to our side because he allows us to play 20 yards further up the field. He can't be man marked and usually sides double up on him releasing space elsewhere on the park.

Give the guy a break... he's 22 years old!

He is incredibly frustrating at times, yesterday for example, but he is also really entertaining to watch. Look at the move where he turned Brown inside out against Celtic near the end of the first half. He starts on the left wing, passes to O'Donnell, and then runs over to the right wing to receive the pass, turns Brown and shoots. Just as entertaining is watching him take an imaginary shot when De Vries spills the ball and again when Taylor hits the side-netting, like an armchair supporter swinging at a rebound during a televised match.

• 3 weeks later...

The Kilmarnock boss updated supporters on the fitness of winger Jordan Jones, who missed the County clash through injury, ahead of our cup replay with Aberdeen.

"He's got a chance," Clarke said. "An outside chance, but he's got a chance.

"He'll be in constantly getting treatment, the physio will be working overtime and we'll do what we can.

"But if we haven't got him, we showed (on Saturday) we've got people that can come in and play well for us.

"I thought young Greg Kiltie, who hasn't had much football this year, showed in patches what he's all about. We need to get him a little bit more consistent and a little bit more up to speed but it was nice to see."Screenshot_20180312-074922.png.d6cb63221116cb0343164a139e1db04a.png

Screenshot_20180312-074915.png

On 18/02/2018 at 8:43 PM, Souleycouley93 said:

Jose Mourinho xD