Hibs (saturday 12.30)

Dan1el

Does anyone know is Power, Kiltie & Tshibola are training/be fit for Saturday, hopefully SO'D can shrug off virus....

This is the big one for Hibs and they will feel they need to win to keep aspirations of European football alive. Will be a great tactical battle between Lennon & Clarke but I fancy we will shade it 3-2. Should be big noisy crowd and great atmosphere with a few goals thrown in and a few cards to boot!!

Hopefully plenty of pies on order for this lunchtime kick-off !!        :hurrah:

14 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Can’t agree that McGinn had a poor game at Easter road. I though he bossed the midfield and outclassed mulumbu on the day. I think he has got to the level that he requires special attention. If we can blunt mcginn they are half the team. Anyone do a marking job on him?....Rory or Gary d. Dicker a lot to sacrifice in this manner but maybe Rory could do the job to nullify him. Looking forward to a real classic between two good teams.

Id use McKenzie over dicker for this, he won't care if he gets hosed on a few times and will keep at him for 90 minutes

I think McGeouch is the pick of the bunch. I'm also a big fan of the lad Barker.

McGinn to me is excellent but he's a bit hit and miss any time I've seen him. He was great at Easter Road against us but I thought he was anonymous at Rugby Park for a lot of the game.

Either way, as I've said start of the season, outwith Celtic, I think Hibs have the best team and play the best football. A very difficult match!!

4 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I think McGeouch is the pick of the bunch. I'm also a big fan of the lad Barker.

McGinn to me is excellent but he's a bit hit and miss any time I've seen him. He was great at Easter Road against us but I thought he was anonymous at Rugby Park for a lot of the game.

Either way, as I've said start of the season, outwith Celtic, I think Hibs have the best team and play the best football. A very difficult match!!

From what I've seen at Rugby Park this season I would say McGinn's performance that game was the most impressive from an opposition player this season. Granted, I haven't been to every game this season.

If he’s fit I can see Tshibola being vital in this one. He cruised through the Brora game and never got out of first gear. IMO he was rotten until the sending off against Dundee then something clicked and he was superb from then on in. If we get him on top of his game along with Mulumbu and probably Dicker we have it in us to cancel out possibly the best midfield unit in the league at the moment

Can’t see a glimmer of us finishing 4th tbh. It would take a real fall from Hibs with a 12 point gap in their favour. They aren’t the Hibs of old who were flaky and fragile. Lennon demands results and generally speaking they’ve added a lot to the league this season. Just as unlikely as Rossco or Accies finishing above us. Catching Hertz would be a great achievement though. Tough game on Saturday and not overly confident right now. That might change closer to k-o though!