Hibs (saturday 12.30)

Dan1el

This is a tricky one - their midfield is excellent, with Allan back we could easily be over-run so will need to be really tight on them. If we want to accommodate Dicker, Power & Mulumbu (which I would to try an nullify them a bit) I'd go 3-5-2 and get width from the full backs. In which case I can't find a place for Jones unless he takes Brophy's place and we give him the roving role beside Boyd.

Fortunately we have a world class expert responsible for picking and setting up the team and not me!

McDonald 

Broadfoot Greer Findlay  
O'Donnell       Taylor
  Power Dicker Mulumbu  

Boyd Brophy    

2 minutes ago, Ken T said:

This is a tricky one - their midfield is excellent, with Allan back we could easily be over-run so will need to be really tight on them. If we want to accommodate Dicker, Power & Mulumbu (which I would to try an nullify them a bit) I'd go 3-5-2 and get width from the full backs. In which case I can't find a place for Jones unless he takes Brophy's place and we give him the roving role beside Boyd.

Fortunately we have a world class expert responsible for picking and setting up the team and not me!

McDonald 

Broadfoot Greer Findlay  
O'Donnell       Taylor
  Power Dicker Mulumbu  

Boyd Brophy    

No offence . Far to negative for me at home We are the team on the great home run . McGinn and Mcgeough are good players but so are our midfield and mulumbu is excellent . Showing them way to much respect with that amount of defenders . They only play 1 upfront with high wingers .

Kick Allan early and he won’t be interested .  

Got to have Brophy starting for me.  As said above he helps Boyd tick.

JMac

SOD      Broadfoot     Boyd      Taylor

Power   Mulumbu  Dicker

Brophy                                 Jones                                         

Boyd

Don't really like Brophy out too wide so when in possession he goes up with Boydy, Jones tucks in and full backs bomb on.

I'm sure SC will know much better though!

:hurrah:

Based on last two games against Hibs, I reckon Findlay needs to sit it out. He was roasted at RP and at ER.

Dicker has looked a little leggy recently and wasting a lot of easier passes and Hibs midfield is very quick, so he either plays at centre half or is on the bench.

McKenzie in from the start instead of JJ purely for work rate and effort with JJ coming on later when they are a little bit tired.

McDonald

S O'D Broadfoot Boyd Taylor

Tshbola Mulumbu Power

McKenzie Boyd Brophy

I doubt very much that line-up will happen as I'd expect JJ and Dicker to both start at expense of Power and McKenzie.

Edited by Bullitt

1 hour ago, McDeeBop said:

McDonald

SOD - Broadfoot - S.Boyd - Taylor

Power - Mulumbu - Dicker

Brophy - JJ

K.Boyd

I don't think Tish has done anything particularly impressive to get in this team ahead of Power. Tish to come on for Power when he's looking tired.

Think you could be right with this team if power doesn't start then it could be Rory instead!

"Steven Whittaker is nearing a return for Hibernian but will not make the trip to Kilmarnock. The defender has been out with a pelvic injury since before Christmas but has returned to training and his manager hopes to have him available to face Hamilton next week.

Fellow right-back David Gray is recovering from an Achilles injury and will be out for another three weeks, while Brandon Barker is still nursing a hamstring problem. Back up goalkeeper Ross Laidlaw is due back in April.

Vykintas Slivka is also expected to miss the match with a calf complaint."

(Edinburgh Evening News)

14 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

My 11

Macdonald  

Sod Broadfoot Boyd Taylor 

Dicker Power 

Mckenzie Mulumbu Jones

Boyd

subs - Fasan , Findlay , Tshibola , Kiltie ,Brophy , Erwin .

players not even included  - Simpson Burke ,Frizzell , Wilson .

Just shows how strong a squad we have now . 

You've only chose 6 subs mate.

7 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Pint of Bitter Leon ...

0A640B5A-6704-4E98-8C54-308184D72BB2.png

I've never understood tossers like this. I could maybe understand if it was some really principled reason, but not coming to Rugby Park because he thinks our away support isn't big enough - talk about cutting your nose off. 

It's the same reason I struggled with any of the boycott stuff during the MJ years - ultimately the reason I pay to go to the football is because I enjoy it. Allowing excuses for not doing that seems crazy to me. 

The beauty of Clarke's management is that, particularly in midfield, it seems less about the player and more about the system (give or take Mulumbu ). 

MacKenzie as example is no longer taking daft shots at goal from 25 yards every week and running aimlessly across the pitch with the ball as he's too busy covering a zone and doing the simple thing when he gets the ball.

Therefore I'm happy to say 'Any of the above options' for today's midfield - strange times indeed xD!