FAO SLO/TIK - Season Tickets

BoydsFace

30 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The BOGOF is a good idea in principle, but the effect of a reduction in walk up income would have to be evaluated carefully. 

I see where you're coming from - although there may be some data on this when it was done last time. I'm not sure if you can extrapolate that from the accounts for that year.

For me though, the BOGOF deal is primarily to get numbers through the door - it's much easier to retain those punters than it is to go out and find new ones. No reason why you can't combine the idea @Squirrelhumper mentioned along with BOGOF - the more reasons to get a season ticket the better. 

It would be ideal if the family ticket could be structured such that it allowed OF games, but I don't think that is a simple problem to resolve, but it must contribute to the lower home attendance at these games.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I see where you're coming from - although there may be some data on this when it was done last time. I'm not sure if you can extrapolate that from the accounts for that year.

For me though, the BOGOF deal is primarily to get numbers through the door - it's much easier to retain those punters than it is to go out and find new ones. No reason why you can't combine the idea @Squirrelhumper mentioned along with BOGOF - the more reasons to get a season ticket the better. 

It would be ideal if the family ticket could be structured such that it allowed OF games, but I don't think that is a simple problem to resolve, but it must contribute to the lower home attendance at these games.

Surely a family ticket plus offer could easily be offered. A reasonable premium payable if you wanted to include OF matches.

2 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Whatever the club do they simply have to include OF games with the family ticket even if this means a price increase as its already fantastic value and who wouldn't want to see us turn over the OF at home like we have done this season?   Get as many Killie fans back to these games as possible and turn Rugby Park into a real fortress even when these two come calling.

This is the biggest issue for me.

Great ideas good medium of debate but the question is why the stay-away support won’t come back!! Will incentives/marketing really work the current product is excellent as is the atmosphere around the club. A small rise in attendances but still there is mainly the hard core and the emerging younger fans which is great but what the hell are we missing to get more bums on seats and by that I mean an extra 2k at least per game. Our competition in the area is limited and the population in Ayrshire is substantial.   Have we lost a generation of fans due the poor product over past few years. Would a survey provide. answers to this, what do other Forum contributors think?

Edited by tanerba'Tam

I think @Mclean07's idea of making the OF games optional would be the way to go for the family tickets. That way the families have a choice. Previously, the majority of people staying away from the OF games have stated it is because of the atmosphere. Therefore, if the games were automatically included then they still wouldn't turn up.

There was a big increase when we did BOGOF before. The problem was that we didn't follow that up with any other special offer so, as mentioned, didn't retain any of the free ones.

I still think we should be letting kids under 8 (or whatever) in free if accompanied by an adult (maybe 2 free kids places per adult) for walk-ups. They pester for tops, pies etc. I believe we did free kids STs this year but an extension to walk-up fans who perhaps cannot afford a season ticket at the moment would be benificial.

Has SLO responded to this by the way? After the discussion a wee while ago about free kids' tickets I sent a message asking if this could be facilitated for my school as I've had many (Rangers supporting) kids tell me they'd go to Killie games "for something to do on a Saturday" but got no response. Time is great to try and sway these weans from the dark side and I'm willing to facilitate this happening, bit bemused as to why the club wouldn't be up for helping.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See when folk say it doesn't work? Bollocks.  

Glad you posted this mate.

I emailed Nicola Sturgeon suggesting this  sort of promotion when she was at the club. I was told it wasn't a option, no explanation was given to me. When I replied back to get a answer, well let's say I am still waiting for a response.

Now with a new board etc this should be a route the club is going down, no reason not to. 

We've got thousands of empty seats, I'm willing to do the promotion in school, do my best to ensure take-up, all I ask for is the briefs. Not in it for a free ticket cos I've got a season. Not willing to accept the "it didn't work in the past" excuse. Playing on plastic didnae work in the past. Things change. It's a frankly zero risk venture if someone with the vaguest authority can be arsed to say "aye cool, good idea, knock yerself out".

3 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

Glad you posted this mate.

I emailed Nicola Sturgeon suggesting this  sort of promotion when she was at the club. I was told it wasn't a option, no explanation was given to me. When I replied back to get a answer, well let's say I am still waiting for a response.

Now with a new board etc this should be a route the club is going down, no reason not to. 

I know the Commercial Director at Falkirk well and they are more commercially savvy and creative than we are. Albeit we are making improvements in the right areas.

The reason Sturgeon said it was not an option is most likely she couldn't be bothered.  Hence why she is no longer in position. She wasn't very good at her job.

There is absolutely no reason for the club not to do this.  2,000 extra on the gate for Falkirk is fantastic and shows what can be done.  Now more than ever is the time for us to do something similar. 

There must also be loads of locals who are to old for junior/amateur footie who just don’t seem to be interested in the spectating side of football apart from watching Sky & BT Sport. Time to come to RP the fresh air will do you good as will a couple of pints before the game  a pie (if you’re lucky) and a good old sing song...!! The footies not bad either, we have got a guy called Steve Clarke whose a bit of a miracle worker!! :2:

Edited by tanerba'Tam

16 hours ago, piffer said:

If people are prepared to pay but need convincing could we do this in other ways that keeps the cash with the club? The telephone campaign a few years back was great. There’s some really good characters in the squad at the moment who would be ideal for something like that. 

If there is a database what about a good old fashioned door chap(within cold calling laws of course)

Not knocking the idea piffer but no one answers their landline these days ... PPI, Injury Claim, Boiler Scrappage etc. ... there are no applicable cold calling laws really.
I agree in principle but as you say, is there a database and how outdated is it?

Some decent ideas and I'm all for anything that might bring extra fans but feel season ticket sales might be a bit too late. We should be offering deals and incentives now to increase walk ups in the hope these people then see the value of our already reasonably priced season tickets. Spread the bug while we're top of the form league and reap the rewards next season.