Callum Waters

C4mmy31

12 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

None of loans will come back and be part of Clarke’s teams . Just to get them either a contribution to wage or out of the way . 

Sorry that might have come across wrongly. I meant that it was unfortunate that you had received red cards when you had made a fairly common sensical post. 

9 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Don’t worry about it mate . It’s fairly obvious statement I made . People just want to demean the content of my post for some reason . Didn’t know Calum Waters had so many da’s on this board . If any of the loaned out players come back and feature under Clarke as killie manager I’ll eat my hat .

I didn't give out a red card, but I think you may have got them due to the demeaning nature of your post to some very young players that are currently part of our set up.

At the end of the day the smart money may be on these players not playing much with Kilmarnock (as it is the exception rather than the rule to make it at the top levels, especially hard with the calibre of player that we have at the moment) but these are young boys who could probably do without reading this kind of thing.

I think it is especially harsh on Callum Waters, I've only seen the U20's once but without knowing who he was, he looked to me that he could kick on. Higgins is only nineteen years old, but he looks decent also and has the physique to stay in the game. Harsh to be written off at his stage.

23 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Don’t worry about it mate . It’s fairly obvious statement I made . People just want to demean the content of my post for some reason . Didn’t know Calum Waters had so many da’s on this board . If any of the loaned out players come back and feature under Clarke as killie manager I’ll eat my hat .

is it that hat you have on in your avatar that you plan on eating?

17 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

I didn't give out a red card, but I think you may have got them due to the demeaning nature of your post to some very young players that are currently part of our set up.

At the end of the day the smart money may be on these players not playing much with Kilmarnock (as it is the exception rather than the rule to make it at the top levels, especially hard with the calibre of player that we have at the moment) but these are young boys who could probably do without reading this kind of thing.

I think it is especially harsh on Callum Waters, I've only seen the U20's once but without knowing who he was, he looked to me that he could kick on. Higgins is only nineteen years old, but he looks decent also and has the physique to stay in the game. Harsh to be written off at his stage.

I am just giving my opinion and on reflection it could be perceived as harsh but I think to grow as a club we have to move players on . The standards for mcculloch and Clarke are worlds apart . Higgins and Hawkshaw have barely played yet for the teams they are loaned out to . Thomas for me has ability but he won’t be good enough for Clarke with the attitude he has at the moment . Waters I was surprised to see him go out on loan but we obviously wanted his wage covered and he has barely featured at all . Unfortunately football is a cut throat business . I’d love to be proved wrong but knowing Clarke and the way he wants to play I can’t see them ever featuring unless massive injury problems . They aren’t the type of players we need now we have different mindset and targets . Good luck to them all . Time will tell . 

Edited by Souleycouley93

I tend to agree that it doesn’t bode well the fact that the lads aren’t getting much game time. I guess we won’t know the reasons until they return or there is some sort of announcement. Do they have knocks, is it a clash of personalities or do they simply not fit in with the style/systems at the loan club. Just because they’ve come from a top flight club they have no divine right to play although from our perspective we hope they would be good enough to command a place straight away. There may well be Wolves fans asking the same questions about Simpson. The unknown for them being the form of O'Donnell and his importance to the team at the moment. 

19 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

None of loans will come back and be part of Clarke’s teams . Just to get them either a contribution to wage or out of the way . 

Totally agree. If they aren't cutting it even at that level then getting a portion of their wage of our books is a benefit. 

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Hopefully you will get to eat your hat one day. Higgins in particular in my opinion is a terrific prospect. Think you will find he has been  injured hence the lack of appearances.  Played for devpt squad tuesday. No im not his dad. I wouldnt write off waters just yet either.

Was Waters ever going to be more than backup? We already had Taylor and Smith(he was kind of fit before the Livi friendly) for the LB position. Waters was always going to be a gamble stepping up to the top flight. 

Higgins IMO was a development signing. He was unfortunate that given the lack of early activity he was pushed as a first team signing when he would under normal circumstances have come in to little fan fair like the other development signings did. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I tend to agree that it doesn’t bode well the fact that the lads aren’t getting much game time. I guess we won’t know the reasons until they return or there is some sort of announcement. Do they have knocks, is it a clash of personalities or do they simply not fit in with the style/systems at the loan club. Just because they’ve come from a top flight club they have no divine right to play although from our perspective we hope they would be good enough to command a place straight away. There may well be Wolves fans asking the same questions about Simpson. The unknown for them being the form of O'Donnell and his importance to the team at the moment. 

This , I was about to post along these lines. 

Christ we have taken players on loan ourselves in the past from bigger clubs only for them to either play a bit part or some never feature in any matches at all.

3 hours ago, KillieBus said:

If any of the young players visit this forum to read about themselves then they should be better advised by the club.